BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a name like a superhero. Wikipedia describes him as an attacking midfielder. Hopefully he can score more goals than he has done if we sign him.

Cue the usual lot saying he's rubbish because he is from league 1.

If we are looking to sign super heroes we should be in for this lad -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Power_(footballer)

Guest Norbert

I never knew there was actually a Max Power playing football. :D His nickname has to be Homer. If it isn't then footballers are really dumb for letting that opportunity pass.

We should sign both Maxes, and see if Danny Invincible is still playing. Hulk might be out of our budget though.

If hes going to play Jason Lowe in the middle with Williamson ill go for a relegation battle right from the off.

Im waiting for the names to be linked, which at this moment in time there doesnt seem to be anyone.

How long to the season kick off ?

Gotta say Jal I completely agree with you on this!

I to an in the Team GB camp but I really think that the next few signings are essential to where we will be in the league next year...the squad is relatively well set at the moment so if we strengthen with some real quality and maybe invest £2m of the fees we get then we have a chance of promotion! Another two-three untested and we may just find ourselves in mid table obscurity...

A message to GB - Cometh the moment...

Cue the usual lot saying he's rubbish because he is from league 1.

Did you post this to look clever? To preemptively quash any questioning posts? Or do you really believe that our best strategy, for a Championship club who need promotion, to bring in more gambles from the lower leagues?

The key word there is 'more' by they way. I'm all for giving youth a chance and wanting hungry players but we also need to balance that with experience and quality. It's not bloody rocket science!

But never mind, if we stay positive, and get behind the lads, their team spirit will overcome the lack of experience and proven quality at this level.

Did you post this to look clever? To preemptively quash any questioning posts? Or do you really believe that our best strategy, for a Championship club who need promotion, to bring in more gambles from the lower leagues?

The key word there is 'more' by they way. I'm all for giving youth a chance and wanting hungry players but we also need to balance that with experience and quality. It's not bloody rocket science!

But never mind, if we stay positive, and get behind the lads, their team spirit will overcome the lack of experience and proven quality at this level.

A bit tetchy there Stuart. I think his point is fair enough and if this lad were to sign for us there would be a predictable reaction from predictable posters. That's not to say that they might not have a point to an extent just that certain contributors seem to love wallowing in misery and spreading the misery around. If Norbert is getting the retaliation in first then fair play to him.

Unfortunately, this forum has become very polarised and there seems to be little ground between the vocal, plentiful miserabilists and the boundless, groundless enthusiasm of Chaddy.

As for the Crewe lad, that is the market we are in, like it or not. The club is hemorrhaging money at an unsustainable rate. The flip side of that is that we are looking at young, hungry and ambitious players whose hunger might just pay off for us.

Is it too much to ask that certain posters back off a bit before whining about players who, for all we know, could turn out to be good signings?

I think there is plenty of middle ground. I'm talking about a balanced squad.

Surely there are experienced players with a pedigree out there within our price range? Dave Jones for one. Please don't tell me we can't compete with Bumley.

We CANNOT keep buying ONLY league one/two players when our squad's experience amounts to Dunn and Pedersen.

It's only going to end one way.

I think there is plenty of middle ground. I'm talking about a balanced squad.

Surely there are experienced players with a pedigree out there within our price range? Dave Jones for one. Please don't tell me we can't compete with Bumley.

We CANNOT keep buying ONLY league one/two players when our squad's experience amounts to Dunn and Pedersen.

It's only going to end one way.

We've just signed Mat Kilgallon and, reportedly, had a bid accepted for Jay Spearing.

Max Clayton is a good player.

I feel a bit sorry for Crewe as they seems to loose all their good players and seems to stall in League 1.

Seems to have a really good Academy.

Ebanks-Blake would be nice to sign on a free.

Also I would try and get Thomas Hitzelsperger on a free.

We've just signed Mat Kilgallon and, reportedly, had a bid accepted for Jay Spearing.

I'll give you Kilgallon, although that's netted off by the loss of Olsson. Lets see when it comes to Spearing. I'll be reasonably happy with his pedigree - still 24 mind - but he looks to have what we need. Doesn't sound like he is up for it though.

I think Wen Y Hu summed it up in the podcast:

"Are we going to have a marquee signing? And by marquee I mean someone we are actually going to spend money on."

To get the kind of quality we need, we'll be fortunate to get that in the freebie market. Maybe the strategy is only to loan the better players?

it also says that Spearing wont come to Rovers and Max Clayton will be Rhodes replacement if sold.that nixon talks rubbish why sell rhodes and replace with a 18 year old attacking midfielder who has only scored 6 goals at Crewe

it also says that Spearing wont come to Rovers and Max Clayton will be Rhodes replacement if sold.that nixon talks rubbish why sell rhodes and replace with a 18 year old attacking midfielder who has only scored 6 goals at Crewe

That bloke should do stand up.

Guest Norbert

No I did not. I am just sick of people slagging off players without ever giving them a chance. If you had a brain in your head you would see that I have made a few posts agreeing with your point about needing a bit of experience a page or two ago, and needing a leader. But every f_cking signing has the same f_cking people whinging and moaning about everything and pretending they know all about football and the world will end, whilst belittling everyone who disagrees with them.

But hey, let's just ignore the posts that do not conform to your monochrome view of things, and spread lies and half truths about other posters and their stance on issues. Did you write this post to make yourself feel superior? Did you get a little tingle downstairs and feel like a big man?

Max Clayton is a good player.

I feel a bit sorry for Crewe as they seems to loose all their good players and seems to stall in League 1.

Seems to have a really good Academy.

Ebanks-Blake would be nice to sign on a free.

Also I would try and get Thomas Hitzlsperger on a free.

wouldn't sign Ebanks-Blake or Hitzleperger personally.

we need a goalscorer midfielder like King from Leicester would be good. need a left back aswell plus maybe a pacey winger.

I think we got enough strikers for me if Rhodes, Rochina, Best, DJ and King who can play there aswell.

Blackburn are ready to let striker DJ Campbell go - just after signing him on a free transfer, report The People.

I've just this and I can't see it happening tbh. of course he wasn't Bowyer signing but we had to sign him due to pre-agreement in place.

More paper gossip from the People...

Liverpool's Jay Spearing will snub a move to Blackburn because he wants a return to Bolton.

I thought this for past couple of days that Spearing isn't interest in coming to Rovers. waiting for Premier league club to come in for him.

I mentioned Max Clayton some weeks ago, if we have approached to sign him then great. He is the type of player, like Murphy that we should go for.

Clayton is very good young player. wonder if Bowyer is targeting him now after we aren't likely to sign Spearing or Jones

Does the rule apply to a calender year or a football season? If the latter then he DJ hasn't played an official match in 2013-2014 for any club. If it's true that Appleton had pre-signed him then it's possible that Bowyer wants rid, especially if his chances of being a regular are slim and his wages are fat.

Nobby. If you get a spare five minutes, nip down to the library and look up "ironic" in one of the dictionaries. I only mention it because your post is in there, verbatim.

Monochrome indeed.

Archived