BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Moderation Lead

More paper gossip from the People...

Liverpool's Jay Spearing will snub a move to Blackburn because he wants a return to Bolton.

Could that be any more Nixon??

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is plenty of middle ground. I'm talking about a balanced squad.

Surely there are experienced players with a pedigree out there within our price range? Dave Jones for one. Please don't tell me we can't compete with Bumley.

We CANNOT keep buying ONLY league one/two players when our squad's experience amounts to Dunn and Pedersen.

It's only going to end one way.

Stu this totally sums up why we could struggle this year also we have to remember Dunn is 35 so will need to be used sparingly & MGP has been poor crossing wise for too long now & although Clayton is highly rated is inexperienced at this level & with Spearing reportedly turning us down we should be going all out to get Jones otherwise we could miss out on both.

We've just signed Mat Kilgallon and, reportedly, had a bid accepted for Jay Spearing.

Chris just because we had a bid accepted it means nothing if the player does not want to come to us we will miss out no matter how much we may be able to throw at it and the impression I get is that Spearing does not fancy signing for us and the longer this drags on the chances are we could miss out on both targets.

Transfer Tweeter @TransferTweeter 32s

Nottingham Forest could be lining up a move for #blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson #nffc #brfc

don't know how true this is but just thought I would post it on here.

be good if he did move on for us. We got Kean as number 1 and Eastwood as number 2 with Urwin as number 3. don't see a place for Robinson sadly now. very good keeper but lost his way past 18 months or so.

Transfer Tweeter ‏@TransferTweeter 32s

Nottingham Forest could be lining up a move for #blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson #nffc #brfc

don't know how true this is but just thought I would post it on here.

be good if he did move on for us. We got Kean as number 1 and Eastwood as number 2 with Urwin as number 3. don't see a place for Robinson sadly now. very good keeper but lost his way past 18 months or so.

i think it would be best for both rovers and robbo to move on, we have a better replacement imo in kean and i bet robbo is on a fortune in wages

Fozzer, as you seem to know a bit about this one, is that the end of it or is it something he'd reconsider later in the window if it becomes apparent he's not in Liverpool's plans and if no prem teams come in for him.

Jones has opted for Burnley, the little rat, but think we can get better players. We need a really good quality central midfelder.

We mustn't have actually been in for him then.

Which, hopefully, means that we're looking at bigger and better options...

• Moderation Lead

I can claim to be ITK about this one, and we have agreed a fee, although Jay has turned us down. Not the right move for him....

I don't doubt spearing wants to stay in Liverpool/move to a pl team, but the thing about Bolton over rovers is just horse dung.

The last few weeks have been a real eye opener for me. There have been posters on here whose contributions I usually enjoy who now have become tedious to say the very least. I fully accept that the Spearing and Murphy deals have been disappointing. But isnt it encouraging to have a manager who has realised we're lacking in the midfield department and is attempting to resolve it? Isnt it encouraging to see good young British prospects linked with the club? Everything coming out of the club seems to point to a few lessons having been learned and the expulsion of those who leached money from the club or rained down national embarrassment upon it. I honestly dont know what people expect but a good few of you miserable so n so's need to get to grips with the cold harsh reality of things. The club needed and still needs some major surgery. To expect it to come skipping out of theatre is way beyond crazy.

I know that the likes of Judge, Marrow and Songo dont set the heart racing. But im a damn sight happier with them than I was with Rosado, Jorge and Edinho. I dont hold out hope of promotion this season, but so what? I will always enjoy seeing a Rovers side who are up for a fight whatever division they are in.

Guest Norbert

I do hope Forest sign Robinson, we sign Clayton, then Jones and/or a wise old head in midfield who can cope with the nature of the division.

The last few weeks have been a real eye opener for me. There have been posters on here whose contributions I usually enjoy who now have become tedious to say the very least. I fully accept that the Spearing and Murphy deals have been disappointing. But isnt it encouraging to have a manager who has realised we're lacking in the midfield department and is attempting to resolve it? Isnt it encouraging to see good young British prospects linked with the club? Everything coming out of the club seems to point to a few lessons having been learned and the expulsion of those who leached money from the club or rained down national embarrassment upon it. I honestly dont know what people expect but a good few of you miserable so n so's need to get to grips with the cold harsh reality of things. The club needed and still needs some major surgery. To expect it to come skipping out of theatre is way beyond crazy.

I know that the likes of Judge, Marrow and Songo dont set the heart racing. But im a damn sight happier with them than I was with Rosado, Jorge and Edinho. I dont hold out hope of promotion this season, but so what? I will always enjoy seeing a Rovers side who are up for a fight whatever division they are in.

Too right, things are starting to look bright so why paint a dark picture constantly

Bright ? 8th in the prem when these scumbags took over . Aye it looks bright all right.

Not one person would disagree that mistakes have been made, a lot of them..

But to the naked eye, decision making has changed. Lets not forget this could go completely tits up a month, but right now we are not suffering from the global idiot or watching money get spunked on has-beens. It may look like un-competetive cheap replacing, but squandering on expensive lazy experience got us nowhere. I am appreciating the low profile "getting on with it"

Purely for the fact that Kean and Agnew are no longer a part of the club, things already look several shades brighter than they did this time last year.

Long way to go, but small steps...

I know that the likes of Judge, Marrow and Songo dont set the heart racing. But im a damn sight happier with them than I was with Rosado, Jorge and Edinho.

I could say likewise.

Without seeing them play, how have you come to this position of happiness? Because on the face of it the only real differences are the Portuguese agent links and the fact that Kean and Agnew aren't involved.

You may think you have 'moved on' and are able to see things in a positives light but I too think I have moved on further still.

Kean and Agnew out and Bowyer and 'no-one' in are positive moves, it's true. But once that euphoria fades and normalcy ensues, we are going to have to get back to being objective about players. It's no good thinking 'well it's better than the last two years' and accepting mediocre players. We now have to rebuild a squad capable of competing at this level not the next tier down.

People seem desperate to get the feel good factor back, even if they have to manufacture it. Well I want something to feel good about that sits just slightly above, 'it's better than Kean'. A decent Championship signing would go a long way towards that. Ideally with Venkys putting their hands in their pockets for a fee.

Purely for the fact that Kean and Agnew are no longer a part of the club, things already look several shades brighter than they did this time last year.

Long way to go, but small steps...

Yes indeed,and if GB manages to bring in a couple of quality midfielders, which he seems to be trying to do, I think a lot of

peoples mood will change, much for the better.

Oh and Venky's kick Shaw out and bring in a competent new leader in the boardroom as was reported would be happening

about 6 weeks ago.

I live in hope !

Not one person would disagree that mistakes have been made, a lot of them..

But to the naked eye, decision making has changed. Lets not forget this could go completely tits up a month, but right now we are not suffering from the global idiot or watching money get spunked on has-beens. It may look like un-competetive cheap replacing, but squandering on expensive lazy experience got us nowhere. I am appreciating the low profile "getting on with it"

And , "getting on with it", is what exactly?

Archived