BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Think it's the other way around really.

Givet is a left sided defender so Kilgallon is his replacement.

Dann is a right sided defender and I don't think Songo'o would necessarily replace him but instead be a back up to him.

This leaves us with Dann and possibly Songo'o as right sided centre backs and then Hanley and Kilgallon on the other side.

Agree with this. Olsson and Rochina has left this week. Probably also Givet and Formica soon will be the next to leave.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have 7 centre backs. We have Dann, Hanley and Kilgallon. Givet is as good as gone, henrique has gone. We've got O'Connell who is decent and can make the step up next season. Ryan Edwards is also very good but at be another year before he can step up. Songoo would be dirt cheap so no harm in bringing him in and hoping he turns out to be good.

I agree with your point about needing more first teamers rather than squad players. Judge and Marrow are squad players I would imagine but DJ, Taylor, kilgallon, and Kane are first teamers and will improve our first 11.

Marrow and Judge came from our youth team so I'd say yes they've been brought up with very good coaching. The same youth team that has produced the likes of duff, Dunn and Jones.

Givet (he's stiill here and our best CB by miles), Dann, Kilgallon, O'connell, Edwards, Connor, Hanley, I'm fairly sure that's 7. Why waste money on another when other positions are desperatly needed. We are skint and every penny counts so each 5K squadie declines the amount for the required quality players.

O'Connell is good enough for 4th, Edwards not good enough, Connor struggles with his feet. If O'Connell goes on loan (rumoured) then he's needed but not now and despite a couple of headers against a very young Wrexham team the cut through us quite well.

I don't think taylors all that and is never a LM, watch him play there and you'll see why. We have King, Judge, Taylor, fernandez, formica etc etc so many players we could field a team of midfielders and one of defenders, squadies are defo not required and yet we're signing them. It's crazy and spanks of inexperience.

Shrewsbury produced Hart, does that mean every keeper from them is good? Duff joined at 16, Jones wasn't rated (Hanley was No.1), Dunn I'll give you but despite good coaching he never developed the mental skills to fufill his potential.. Our youth wasn't all that back then and isn't now, the EPPP is in it's infancy. They're not good enough for the 1st team and we have 45 professionals or 4 teams on our books, it's madness.

£6m? In what parallel universe is that?

The man is a walking relegation machine in prem and not even a top defender in the championship. A royal mail 2nd class letter would reach a cross before him. He's the defending equivalent of Ashley Ward in that he's smaller when he jumps for a header

The man is a walking relegation machine in prem and not even a top defender in the championship. A royal mail 2nd class letter would reach a cross before him. He's the defending equivalent of Ashley Ward in that he's smaller when he jumps for a header

I've nicknamed hanley and Dann after can't cook won't cook.

Hanley (can't head)

Dann (won't head)

Total Guff.

Yes I do

Modeste is just the most useless "footballer" I have ever seen in my life. He has no saving grace whatsoever. Makes Ashley Ward look world class.

WHOA

We really have a few issue on this subject - the whole season was dogged by fans bemoaning the high earning-low working players who put a keany gloss on our season. Fans moaned constantly about a lack of direction and effort. The only time we looked like Rovers was under Gary, and that gives me tentative reason to trust his calibre (for now)

Nuno Gomes wasn't cut out for the fight, Murphy had no intention of working hard. If we can send Etuhu and Bradly Orr packing - I will feel even better. Givet is a bit of an enigma because we know he is sheer class - but he hasn't reached those heights consistently since 2011. Get rid of him if we can, he obviously needs to move for mental reasons.

Olsson again - another player who hasnt shown his best for for nearly 3 years. To recoup 2.5m may seem a little low, but we should know by now how easy it is to lose young talents who came through the system for nothing. I'll miss Martin, but if Marcus can improve his all-round game a little including final ball we will have a free replacement. We also have Henley, Kilgallon, Marrow and Josh Morris who have played in this position (They may not be natural LB's but all hungry players with axe's to grind)

I do agree with certain posters - to make promotion more likely (because money brings no guarantees - see 2012/13) we need to spend spend spend. If I was the DOF, I'd be looking at a natural full back, another CB, a creative player to challenge Dunn and Rochina and a Box 2 Box midfielder of the Jermaine Jones ilk. However, with low revenue streams, I feel we should look at the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Southamption and Reading - because they achieved promotion through homegrown and lower league talent. In terms of the players being ex rovers youth team, take a look at the careers of Anthony Pilkington and Jonathan Walters when you slag off Judge and Marrow.

In 2008, Shrewsbury of league 2 paid 150k for Grant Holt. Football can surprise you.

Just to add - write a list of the last 6 promoted teams, and pick out the one who spent more than us last season.

Modeste is just the most useless "footballer" I have ever seen in my life. He has no saving grace whatsoever. Makes Ashley Ward look world class.

He was bloody useless, that game at home to Wigan where relegation was sealed summed up his few games for us. Just awful

WHOA

We really have a few issue on this subject - the whole season was dogged by fans bemoaning the high earning-low working players who put a keany gloss on our season. Fans moaned constantly about a lack of direction and effort. The only time we looked like Rovers was under Gary, and that gives me tentative reason to trust his calibre (for now)

Nuno Gomes wasn't cut out for the fight, Murphy had no intention of working hard. If we can send Etuhu and Bradly Orr packing - I will feel even better. Givet is a bit of an enigma because we know he is sheer class - but he hasn't reached those heights consistently since 2011. Get rid of him if we can, he obviously needs to move for mental reasons.

Olsson again - another player who hasnt shown his best for for nearly 3 years. To recoup 2.5m may seem a little low, but we should know by now how easy it is to lose young talents who came through the system for nothing. I'll miss Martin, but if Marcus can improve his all-round game a little including final ball we will have a free replacement. We also have Henley, Kilgallon, Marrow and Josh Morris who have played in this position (They may not be natural LB's but all hungry players with axe's to grind)

I do agree with certain posters - to make promotion more likely (because money brings no guarantees - see 2012/13) we need to spend spend spend. If I was the DOF, I'd be looking at a natural full back, another CB, a creative player to challenge Dunn and Rochina and a Box 2 Box midfielder of the Jermaine Jones ilk. However, with low revenue streams, I feel we should look at the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Southamption and Reading - because they achieved promotion through homegrown and lower league talent. In terms of the players being ex rovers youth team, take a look at the careers of Anthony Pilkington and Jonathan Walters when you slag off Judge and Marrow.

In 2008, Shrewsbury of league 2 paid 150k for Grant Holt. Football can surprise you.

Just to add - write a list of the last 6 promoted teams, and pick out the one who spent more than us last season.

you know the answer!

what shall we do? sack the manager/s or take a leaf out of Cloughies book and sack the employers

Watch Spurs quite a lot (season ticket holder as a best mate has its privileges!) , he's a fantastic player.

Very tidy in possession, doesn't try the through ball too often although that could be due to his age and looking not to make a mistake in the few games he gets. Would love it if Rovers managed that one, although I can't see him leaving for us as I imagine there will be some other suitors for him that are more local.

Unbelievable that people slag off Dann and especially Hanley, both were among our best players last season, and had it not been for Rhodes would have been in the running for player of the season, albeit among weak competition.

The only sensible poster that slags of Hanley is DE. and he slags off most things these days.

Hanley got quite a lot of votes on here for Player of the Season.

Archived