BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I take it Rochina doesn't want to stay?

I think the subtext of the interview he gave to the LT a few weeks ago clearly indicated he didn't fancy coming back, eg talking about "options".

This followed on from the manager stating he was a major part of his plans for the new season.

Just like Olsson, if he's not really interested there's no point in keeping him.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few options on why he is leaving.. most likely could be he wants out but maybe GB either needs the cash or would prefer a 442 (a formation I can't see Ruben fitting into).

Kinda in two minds like many with Rochina, he certainly has more flair than any of our current squad but is often a greedy show boating twit who makes the wrong decisions constantly. The number of times he received the ball and made completely the wrong decision probably cost us a fair few goals (games) last season... I remember at least one game where we played well but he fluffed it so many times in the last 20mins it was stupid and def cost us a win.

Still if it can free the cash to get Spearing.. no contest lets get him out the door.

The one position we really need to fill is central midfield (despite daft numbers of players we just don't have a box to box type)... a pacy winger, a shiny left back and a Givet replacement would just be the cherries on the cake.

Still need rid of a dozen or so other players mind.. shame no one seems interested. IMO we are probably looking to ship out Bruno, MGP, Olsson, Orr, Robinson, Etuhu, Edinho (one of the worst players I have seen in a Rovers top), Rosado (shame as he was apparently highly rated and seems to of done well at Benfica B), Formica (although I still think if played in the right position he would do well), Givet (shame as love him as a player), Slew and two to four of the other kids on loan.

Will be interested to see how some of the new youngsters will do and hopefully the likes of Payne (although it seems we have decided to move him from being a very prolific striker to an attacking midfielder)/o'Connor/o'Sulivan/Edwards/Fernandez (another player we seem to be undecided on in terms of position arrived as a CD but has played all over) will get a chance.

Not many divide opinion as much as Ruben and that is by far and out way the most frustrating thing about him for us fans.

Is he the most skilful and creative in the team - probably yes.

Has he improved his decision making or consistency since he first walked into Brockhall - you'd have to say no.

I must admit to lose Ruben would be a massive body blow playing in the hole behind the striker he has done well yes he constantly makes the wrong decision but creatively he is the best player we have if he does go we would need a decent creative midfielder without someone of equal quality we can kiss goodbye to any chance of promotion.

Am I the only one who believes that Ruben hasn't got the creativity needed to play in the 'hole'? For me he holds onto the ball way to long and kills off so many good runs. Sure, he's got a wand of a left foot but that's when he creates chances for himself or others create them for him - if he was creative he would have more assists and be able to bring our wingers more into play. Not a big loss for me.

Hope Ruben Rochina does not come back he is a greedy self seeking player who must be a nightmare to play alongside he upsets the whole formation of the team and loses the ball in stupid positions which usually cost.

On Rochina...

Wand of a left foot

Rickets in his right

Bad decision making

Very creative

Square peg in a round hole?

2nd highest scorer last season

Only scored 5 goals last season

Relegated two seasons running

No consistency

Great shot on him

Can't pick out a pass

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder?

Familiarity breeds contempt?

Hmmm. Football. Isn't it? Marvellous.

• Backroom

I hope he stays but won't shed too many tears if he leaves as he doesn't sound overly committed at the moment

Maybe he is going for a hattrick of relegations

Memories of Martin Olsson -

Being torn apart by Aaron Lennon during a league game against Spurs under Paul Ince.

Scoring a goal to make it 1-0 against Hull and ensure safety in the 2009/2010 season

Being horribly assaulted in the penalty area against Burnley away in 2009/2010 to give Dunn a penalty.

Providing a counter attack threat which helped defeat Liverpool and Arsenal in 2011

Decent as a left midfielder but preferred Givet at left back.

Memories of Martin Olsson -

Being torn apart by Aaron Lennon during a league game against Spurs under Paul Ince.

Scoring a goal to make it 1-0 against Hull and ensure safety in the 2009/2010 season

Being horribly assaulted in the penalty area against Burnley away in 2009/2010 to give Dunn a penalty.

Providing a counter attack threat which helped defeat Liverpool and Arsenal in 2011

Decent as a left midfielder but preferred Givet at left back.

Good to get someone who doesn't want to be here off the bill and actually get a free for it.

Now we need a replacement and to try and sign Spearing plus probably another right winger as we're a little shallow in that area with just Judge.

Full-back Martin Olsson set to join City from Blackburn on a 4-year deal for an undisclosed fee, subject to paperwork

good luck to him at Norwich. didn't want to be here last season.

Good to get someone who doesn't want to be here off the bill and actually get a fee for it.

Now we need a replacement and to try and sign Spearing plus probably another right winger as we're a little shallow in that area with just Judge.

Lets get Spearing in first. lets look to sign a left back on loan. someone like Jack Robinson from Liverpool

We got King, Nunes, Judge and Taylor who can play wide. so don't see the need for another winger unless Judge is going to play Centre midfield.

but still a lot of players to get rid off/sell yet

Archived