BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why good rigger ? Getting rid has severely weakened the team .

When they left, the team did not lose much. Samba and Nelson two of the slowest defenders I have seen, both athletically and mentally. Emerton contributed nothing but effort, which he usually wasted, with poor passing. Roberts I liked but had a poor attitude. Salgado did two or three great things in a game, then would assist the opposition to score.

If the long term plan is to stay in the Championship then by all means sell Scott Dann but it's players of his quality we need to hold on to if we have any hope of getting promotion.If he doesn't want to leave why sell him?

When they left, the team did not lose much. Samba and Nelson two of the slowest defenders I have seen, both athletically and mentally. Emerton contributed nothing but effort, which he usually wasted, with poor passing. Roberts I liked but had a poor attitude. Salgado did two or three great things in a game, then would assist the opposition to score.

What we'd give for those players in the starting line up now.

Personally, I think Rovers have been very astute with their business so far. It's public knowledge that the club is losing millions hand over fist. We've managed to sign several solid pros for this level at a minimal cost, and if we can make at least one quality signing, I reckon we'll have the makings of a good side. After the last three seasons of abject misery, it would be enough just to have a team to be proud of again.

Yes!

Were these players not the reason why we were oeprating at mid table in the Prem rather than struggling against relegation in the 2nd though? Many other factors in play but good players generally do better than bad ones.

Wigan also wanted spearing but now they are funding our move for spearing instead, they buy holt Norwich use that money to buy Ollsen then we use that to buy spearing.

According to Bowyer in the LT, 1 or 2 targets will be hopefully brought in by the end of next week.

Hope that quote was from last week and means the end of this week or we'll be missing out, again,

in fact the end of this week will probably be too late.

for once I'm speechless

Too true. It's almost exactly the opposite of the truth!

So are you saying that Samba and Nelson where quick, Emerton contributed to results, and Salgado didn't give the ball away in dangerous positions

Jesus Rigger. You officially don't know what you're on about. If you honestly believe all of that, I don't know what else to tell you.

If you want to make a statement like that, could you expand on why you think my opinion is wrong.

Andrew Cryer@andrew_cryer1m

Interestingly, spoken to Spearing's people and they say they have had "absolutely no contact at all" from Blackburn Rovers.

:lol:

You have to laugh, don't you.

Personally, I think Rovers have been very astute with their business so far. It's public knowledge that the club is losing millions hand over fist. We've managed to sign several solid pros for this level at a minimal cost, and if we can make at least one quality signing, I reckon we'll have the makings of a good side. After the last three seasons of abject misery, it would be enough just to have a team to be proud of again.

As the cliché goes: "and there's the rub...".

Archived