BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orr isnt good enough, if i remember correctly he was to blame for 3 of the goals at home to Peterborough, and put in several other awful performances. At his age he aint gonna get any better either.

Here's a tweet from kamy earlier, if this is true then all this talk of Rhodes going to Swansea was just them trying to push through the deal for bony quicker IMO

@indexfootball: Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has confirmed that Wilfried Bony will be a Swansea player on Monday for £12m..

Guest Norbert

Hopefully it is true. Spearing has bite and a bit of guile (I believe). Our centre midfield needs some of that to really fire up the reast of the team.

I hope Nixon is right on this one. Spearing would be a very useful addition. But i suspect it would be at the expense of Jones.

I could probably live with that. Despite Jones being a really good influence last season and a general good egg.

This feels like a bit of a boon, so I'm currently paranoid that it's too good of a deal, somehow..?

Doesn't £1.5m seem cheap for a promising English central midfielder, with Premier League experience and a relatively impressive half a season in the Championship? What am I missing?

Actually, at 24, he's not that young, I suppose.

According to Nixon(!) Spearing is being bought to fill danny murphys boots, Murphy did nothing for us, wasn't a 1st team regular and is a completely different type of player, yea o'reight nico(ya know yer stuff you do)

hope there's actually some truth in this for a change and a deal can get done quickly.

if we sign Spearing then I don't see us signing Jones at all.

With Marrow signing aswell then I don't see us signing another CM aswell.

Think Judge will play Centre Midfielder this season. plus we got O'Sullivan aswell for Cm.

need to sell Formica, Martin Olsson and Dann to fund a couple more signings and help the club finances and meet the FFP rules

Rovers had 4 trialists playing for the Under 21's on Saturday

Sam gainsford(Liverpool)

Patrick Antelmi(Leeds)

Elliot Kebbie(Atl Madrid)

Bolton defender

Kebbie was at Leeds before being snapped up to go to Spain but has comeback to these shores...

Good young player...

Rovers had 4 trialists playing for the Under 21's on Saturday

Sam gainsford(Liverpool)

Patrick Antelmi(Leeds)

Elliot Kebbie(Atl Madrid)

Bolton defender

Kebbie was at Leeds before being snapped up to go to Spain but has comeback to these shores...

Good young player...

Bolton defender???

Do you know anything about Spearing?

Although Spearing would be an good signing he is similair to Lowe, Marrow (if he comes), Williamson in that they are all defensive midfielders. I'm hoping he still wants a ball-player like L Murphy. A quality, pacey winger would hopefully be in Bowyer's thoughts too. Judge and Taylor aren't particularly quick. and King has yet to prove himself. I'd love Adomah, but apparently Bristol C turned down bids of £850k from Wigan and someone else last week.

That Nixon story doesn't add up. If we have to sell before we buy, how did we manage to bid £1.1m for Murphy?

No problem with Olsson going and £2.5m is probably about right. Dann wouldn't be any great loss if someone like Kilgallon was brought in.

According to Nixon(!) Spearing is being bought to fill danny murphys boots, Murphy did nothing for us, wasn't a 1st team regular

Except that, unfortunately, he was. Were you paying any attention last season? He was a big factor in why we were crap- he played in 33 of our 46 games in the league.

Not sure why everybody is so content with Olsson leaving at a price like that. Granted, he hasn't been at his best in the Championship (hardly inspired by it I would think, and had injury troubles), but this would turn into another N'zonzi deal. One where the cash is just a drop in the ocean of losses, and where the player will very quickly demonstrate to everybody that he's worth a lot more playing in a proper team.

I too don't get the get rid of Olsson for a nominal fee. Unless perhaps we're planning to give them the wrong twin. Whilst I accept he'll probably go I'd like to see a bit more cash for him.Not the sums we were talking about last year, obviously but more than a couple of million. He's an experienced player who, as you say, will probably do well when played properly under a proper manager instead of playing under Kean and then a procession of others.

Archived