BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no official word about Kilgallon. Someone mentioned yesterday Hugo Fernandez has extended his deal. Can´t find it anywhere. It should be announced on officials sites as Hugo has a first team squad number already. He might be one who Bowyer will give a chance.

Swansea has left Luke Moore home as they head to Holland. Decent striker to this level.

Hugo Fernandez signed a new one year contract. News here:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/done-deals-887311.aspx

another name doing the rounds is Michail Antonio

would be a player I would try to sign but think Sheff Wed will want far too much

and we need to get our wage bill down.

Still Olsson to be Norwich before too long. and Dann to be gone aswell

What is everyone's opinion on the quality of business so far?

Killgallon is a sensible signing as we need CB cover but the others seem a bit "hmmmm" to me and don't really shout out loud that we are club harbouring promotion ambitions. I don't mean ambitions to make the top two or run away with the league, or do I mean ambitions to sign premierleague players on ridiculous wages (before anyone chirps up) but mild ambitions to maybe sneak the play-off if we have a good run.

Midfield is still woefully lacking and we still only have one good striker.....imo of course.

We've got rid of some of the deadwood, even if we did add to it with Campbell but hopefully over the next 8 weeks Bowyer will get a bit more creative and we'll see what affect the new players have when the season starts.

Killgallon is a sensible signing as we need CB cover but the others seem a bit "hmmmm" to me and don't really shout out loud that we are club harbouring promotion ambitions. I don't mean ambitions to make the top two or run away with the league, or do I mean ambitions to sign premierleague players on ridiculous wages (before anyone chirps up) but mild ambitions to maybe sneak the play-off if we have a good run.

Midfield is still woefully lacking and we still only have one good striker.....imo of course.

We've got rid of some of the deadwood, even if we did add to it with Campbell but hopefully over the next 8 weeks Bowyer will get a bit more creative and we'll see what affect the new players have when the season starts.

Very average so far and thats being kind.

so far happy with the transfer business in and out.

Kane, Kilgallon, Taylor and Judge are good signings.

DJ is proven at level.

Eastwood and Marrow I've never seen play so cant comment.

I see Kilgallon has replacement for Dann. who I expect to be gone.

we got Edwards, O'Connell and O'Connor aswell at Centre Back. Plus Evatt is on Trial with Rovers aswell. so he is Givet replacement when he leaves.

we need good Left Back to replace Martin Olsson. who I think will be off to Norwich.

hopefully we can get rid of few more players off the wage bill like Peds, Formica, Bruno, Marcus Olsson plus sign a couple more players.

Has there been any official word on kilgallon?

To me he seems a wee bit iffy, not many apearances in recent years(seemingly through a mix of injuries&fitness and not being in favour with his managers) im not a fan of Dann but i dont see this guy being any improvement) Evatt seems a better bet to me.

I am quite pleased withbthe signings. Makes me believe Mr Bowyer has a game plan. I don't understand those harping on about what we are paying and where the ayers have plied their trade. Surely last seaon was a perfect indicator of the fact that spending is no guarantee of success. I am hoping for a Gordon Lee esque season. Signed a bunch of average players but knew what he was doing in terms of moulding them in to an effective unit. I hope this is what Bowyer is doing. My gut says he will pull it off. So prepare yourselves for a disastor heh heh

in short

Forwards - i'm happy with

Midfield - there are too many players and not enough quality

Defenders and GK's - A mixed bunch of young potential players and older players who have let themselves down

would be a player I would try to sign but think Sheff Wed will want far too much

and we need to get our wage bill down.

Still Olsson to be Norwich before too long. and Dann to be gone aswell

Killgalon has come from a Prem club so he'll be on a decent wage as will DJ Campbell so despite the pay offs the wage bill still seems to be going up considering all the signings.

Surely Givet has to go this summer?

Unless he's got one of those seemingly endless contracts like Paul Gallagher seemed to have? :D

He still has at least one year left on his contract. I'm hoping he will stay.

Guest Norbert

I'm not sure sure about Givet. Psychologically he is a bit iffy, and when your head goes your energy and your heart goes too. Perhaps a move back to France would help him. We have Kilgallon, Henley and a host of young defenders that can step up and fill in at the least.

Guest Norbert

Bit like here in the very early 90's then, when the few foreigners tended to be Scandos like Erik Torstvedt at Spurs or whoever. Zlatan Ibrahimovic bucks that dependable trend though. He sulks and then effs off to another club every season.

Bit like here in the very early 90's then, when the few foreigners tended to be Scandos like Erik Torstvedt at Spurs or whoever. Zlatan Ibrahimovic bucks that dependable trend though. He sulks and then effs off to another club every season.

Normally after leaving your club with the title tho i'd say thats pretty dependable.

Guest Norbert

Maybe so, but then I'm probably one of the few people that think he's very over rated. Massive, amazing skill but only turns it on when he can be bothered to turn up to the party. Those players really annoy me. Apart from the one game against England, he's looked more lethargic and disinterested than if Berbatov was playing a charity game after 4 or 5 pints.

Archived