BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I see it differently. I think so far the quality has improved a fair amount, for very little money, and there are serious attempts to shift the highly paid crap.

How much are they paying DJ ?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Taylor has at some point worked with Taylor before in some capacity.

It seems there is no scouting system in place at the club. Don't get me wrong i do not expect a promotion push at all, but I will be backing Bowyer. Ill be expecting 10-14th place finish.

Where Taylor was a trainee at oldham then went to millwall.

It would improve the balance sheet if nowt else. And how do you really know that the players that have signed are all crap? Or is this just because it feels good to put the new signings down?

No, it doesn't "feel good" but it is based on logic because of their past playing records. As a general rule you get what you pay for in football.

Guest Norbert

How much are they paying DJ ?

Good question. Probably a bit less than Murphy. And there may have been no way out of signing him, who knows?

It is people who are like that Fast Show character who hates everything and says everything is rubbish that really annoy me. It is like they just love crushing any sense of optimism, any pleasure and joy in the world and drag the us all down into their bitter twisted pit of loathing and moaning. Let's see how these guys play together before we condemn them all as the worst players ever. Or is that not 'realistic' for some of you?

Good question. Probably a bit less than Murphy. And there may have been no way out of signing him, who knows? It is people who are like that Fast Show character who hates everything and says everything is rubbish that really annoy me. It is like they just love crushing any sense of optimism, any pleasure and joy in the world and drag the us all down into their bitter twisted pit of loathing and moaning. Let's see how these guys play together before we condemn them all as the worst players ever. Or is that not 'realistic' for some of you?

So your only allowed to have an opinion, as long as it matches yours?

No, it doesn't "feel good" but it is based on logic because of their past playing records. As a general rule you get what you pay for in football.

That does not make complete sense i do understand your concern but if that was the case then you would never sign anyone on a bosman who played in a weaker division Judge was voted the 2nd best player in L1 for a reason Taylor was good for milwall last year so just take each signings on there merits give them a chance to suceed or fail before condeming them.

Good question. Probably a bit less than Murphy. And there may have been no way out of signing him, who knows?

It is people who are like that Fast Show character who hates everything and says everything is rubbish that really annoy me. It is like they just love crushing any sense of optimism, any pleasure and joy in the world and drag the us all down into their bitter twisted pit of loathing and moaning. Let's see how these guys play together before we condemn them all as the worst players ever. Or is that not 'realistic' for some of you?

Whats a bit less and why could Rovers not stop signing him to say that Rovers are improving the balance sheet.

• Backroom

This the general rule that says Nelsen, Samba and Nzonzi combined were worth less than £1m to us.

Ofc I appreciate that you get the odd expensive flop as well as the odd bargain, but I don't believe fees should be used to reflect true value. Only performances for US should determine a player's value. Friedel is one of most fantastic pieces of business in Premier League history for what he gave to us. His combined fees of around £5m aren't a reflection of his ability.

The fees don't bug me in the slightest. What will bug me is if we begin to sign players we've no need for. I can even see some logic behind Marrow on a free. But Gally would raise a question from me. Nonetheless, the proof of the player is in the results.

friedel was an international goalkeeper playing for galatasary, some of these players have spent most of the careers in the lower leagues, probably with good reason, perhaps we will be at their level come the end of the season

friedel was an international goalkeeper playing for galatasary, some of these players have spent most of the careers in the lower leagues, probably with good reason, perhaps we will be at their level come the end of the season

Which ones the third choice keeper maybe Judge is 24 and was voted 2nd best player in L1 Taylor proved he is easily good enough for this division kilgallon and campbell both dropped from the prem.

Thought he was at Liverpool and frozen out and the fans thought he was useless

That does not make complete sense i do understand your concern but if that was the case then you would never sign anyone on a bosman who played in a weaker division Judge was voted the 2nd best player in L1 for a reason Taylor was good for milwall last year so just take each signings on there merits give them a chance to suceed or fail before condeming them.

Lets be honest the signings are exactly where we are aiming at - a mid level championship side. I think all of the signings so far seem decent and good enough for this division/for us to be competitive. But none of them make you think "he'll really help us get promoted with his quality". But given the shambles of Rovers a bit of stability and sensibility in the manager going for players he knows isn't a bad idea.

Shame as really we should have got promotion last season if we'd have had a decent manager and been a bit more astute in the transfer market. In fact it was a golden opportunity... oh well, guess we can't live in the past.

I'm thinking this. Did nothing to impress when here and far too similar to Murphy. Also out of character for the "type" of player we are getting. Not a terrible signing as his record is decent at this level but you do think that we could be getting better for our money.

Is it just me, or is it getting a bit 'Mighty Ducks?'

Gary Bowyer as Coach Gordon Bombay... Wait, that sort of works out..?

What have I done?!

Do you reckon they Will tryout the "Duck"?

Reading about Alan Judge is GOOD stuff! Perfect signing in This division.

Lets be honest the signings are exactly where we are aiming at - a mid level championship side. I think all of the signings so far seem decent and good enough for this division/for us to be competitive. But none of them make you think "he'll really help us get promoted with his quality". But given the shambles of Rovers a bit of stability and sensibility in the manager going for players he knows isn't a bad idea.

Shame as really we should have got promotion last season if we'd have had a decent manager and been a bit more astute in the transfer market. In fact it was a golden opportunity... oh well, guess we can't live in the past.

Build a more solid base around the goals of Rhodes and we will be around the play off mix i'd have said need to sort out midfield tho.

Still no official word about Kilgallon. Someone mentioned yesterday Hugo Fernandez has extended his deal. Can´t find it anywhere. It should be announced on officials sites as Hugo has a first team squad number already. He might be one who Bowyer will give a chance.

Swansea has left Luke Moore home as they head to Holland. Decent striker to this level.

Still no official word about Kilgallon. Someone mentioned yesterday Hugo Fernandez has extended his deal. Can´t find it anywhere. It should be announced on officials sites as Hugo has a first team squad number already. He might be one who Bowyer will give a chance.

Swansea has left Luke Moore home as they head to Holland. Decent striker to this level.

Sure Hugo mentioned it on his twitter account a while back.

And Hopefully we have enough in the way of strikers Rhodes,Campbell,Best,Rochina With Forrester as 5th choice if needed so we should be aiming to sort out the CM.

Archived