BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Kilgallon is on a free transfer. good player.

don't see the problem of signing good free transfer players.

The only player I never seen play are Eastwood and Marrow. so cant comment how good they are.

Kane, Judge and Taylor are good signings.

DJ Campbell is proven at this level and has promotion experience.

Fans have to understand that we have to meet the Football League Financial fair play rules. so fans have to understand that we cant be spending silly money on wages and Fees like last season. That's why we have been trying to get rid high wage earners apart from Rhodes who must be keep at all cost.

I still expect Dann, Givet and Olsson to leave yet.

are we any closer to signing Kiko yet? this is Portugal Under 20's left back.

Where is Rochina, Chaddy ?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defence is now sorted out before someone actually goes. I wouldn´t count on Dann leaving. Rovers propably values him higher than anyone are willing to pay. Olsson shouldn´t be defender anyway. His departure shouldn´t need replacement.

Rhodes is a guaranteed starter striker. His partner is in the club already as there is Best, Campbell, King, Rochina and Dunn.

Taylor will play on wing but we need another one. Is Judge winger?? If Olsson stays he could play on left. King is not good enough to start regulary.

In the middle we have Williamson, Lowe, Etuhu and MGP. So we need two new faces. Basicly the midfield is wide open as we need three new starters there.

Did any sane Bolton fan really think Rhodes would leave us to join them?!

My view on the incoming transfers so far:

Very impressed with Taylor, DJ, Kane and Kilgallon signings. Think they are excellent additions.

Unsure on Judge. Disappointed with Marrow. Don't really care about Eastwood.

Need a LB, pacy winger, and 2 central midfielders. CM signings will prove key I think. Spearing and Jones would be good.

Still some twists and turns left in this window I suspect. Won't be surprised if Dann, Rhodes or whoever leaves before the season starts. So far I've been moderatly happy with our activity. After last season all I'm really hoping for is a return to "Arte et Labore" - to have the boys playing football with pride and effort again. I sincerely hope that is the focus from Bowyer and not talk of promotion. Also hope that can lead to fans once again mainly focusing on football as Venkys seem to be going nowhere.

Don't know much about Kilgallon but from what I've read here and on the net he seems good enough. Then again you never know - some players perform better at some clubs than other.

• Backroom

Happy with some of the incomings in fact most of them so far look decent. I do have some lingering concerns though, judge in isolated looks a decent signing but if we also bring in Gallagher and Marrow it shows a potentially alarming lack of scope.

My only other concern is the one player we faced any competition for we lost out on - to Leeds!

If Bowyer wants a player that is wanted elsewhere there is nothing to prove we could get him

Guest Norbert

I also think there is little if no scouting network at the club. Those who worked with previous managers have probably left after being sidelined by certain agents and global advisors. Perhaps if we do get a D of F even better than the country's best ;), then they can rebuild it.

Happy with some of the incomings in fact most of them so far look decent. I do have some lingering concerns though, judge in isolated looks a decent signing but if we also bring in Gallagher and Marrow it shows a potentially alarming lack of scope.

My only other concern is the one player we faced any competition for we lost out on - to Leeds!

If Bowyer wants a player that is wanted elsewhere there is nothing to prove we could get him

Don't believe the (doomster) hype. Chris Taylor yesterday:-

“I was speaking to Millwall and another Championship club, and I was umming and ahhing between the two.

“But as soon as I heard that Blackburn were interested my mind was made up, just because of the history of the club and the size of the club. From playing against them twice last season, the stadium is unbelievable.

“The manager did a really good job at the end of last season and I spoke to a few people who said really good things about him.

As for Murphy he can march on together with his new team to League 1.

Courtesy of our oldest.

In the season 1998/99 we spent £29,000,000 on players. And we got relegated.

Burton O'Brien, anyone?

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=308&teamTabs=transfers&season_id=143

Very interesting that. 93/94 was a good year Batty,Sutton,Flowers knew we'd win the title with those 3.

Sure Ill get shot down for this, but....

Really worried we are bringing in poor quality players. Its a sign of Bowyer being a coach not a manager.

We need to really cut the squad numbers and improve the quality, not fill it with players not quite up to it.

Guest Norbert

I see it differently. I think so far the quality has improved a fair amount, for very little money, and there are serious attempts to shift the highly paid crap.

I see it differently. I think so far the quality has improved a fair amount, for very little money, and there are serious attempts to shift the highly paid crap.

......and replace it with lesser-paid c*** ?

Guest Norbert

It would improve the balance sheet if nowt else. And how do you really know that the players that have signed are all crap? Or is this just because it feels good to put the new signings down?

Rumours in Scotland are that Dundee are only paying 10% of Goodwillies 18k per week and how much are they paying DJ.

Archived