BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Spearing for 1.5 million is a bargain and 2.5 million for Olsson is too cheap, When in the prem I would say he looked a 7-8 million pound player in my opinion, I realise now we are in championship and the prices drop but would still hope to get 4-5 million....

That's a blow in my book....many on here don't rate Dann, but I think he will be at a higher level than us next year.

I agree with you, he had a decent season last season under the circumstances, I thought him being made captain brought the best out in him, the Millwall away performance was exceptional.

Always prone to making the odd mistake, but thats the market we're in these days, a blow if he goes in my book.

That's a blow in my book....many on here don't rate Dann, but I think he will be at a higher level than us next year.

I agree with people that dann is a good player. However what people need to remember is dann is one of our top earners. Killgallon has probably signed for half of what dann gets a week. I think getting rid of big earners is good business. Apart from Rhodes I'd ve confident we could find cheaper replacement for all our other high earners

I agree with people that dann is a good player. However what people need to remember is dann is one of our top earners. Killgallon has probably signed for half of what dann gets a week. I think getting rid of big earners is good business. Apart from Rhodes I'd ve confident we could find cheaper replacement for all our other high earners

Big Earners normally means Best Players. How can it be good business to get rid of our best players? Was it good business to get rid of Samba/Nelsen/Emerton/Roberts/Salgado because they were high earners?

Kilgallon isn't fit to lace Dann's boots, just another nail in the squads coffin, replacing good championship/lower premier league players with lower championship/good league 1 players....we're on the slide to oblivion.

Big Earners normally means Best Players. How can it be good business to get rid of our best players? Was it good business to get rid of Samba/Nelsen/Emerton/Roberts/Salgado because they were high earners?

Kilgallon isn't fit to lace Dann's boots, just another nail in the squads coffin, replacing good championship/lower premier league players with lower championship/good league 1 players....we're on the slide to oblivion.

Would you call danny Murphy , etuhu, nuno Gomes, our best players last season? They were our biggest earners and players brought in on lot less wages like Williamson put etuhu and Murphy to Shame. Big wages doesn't always mean best players and with the ffp we cant keep paying big money. Id think killgallon will be as good as dann was last season but that my opinion.

Kilgallon is not fit to lace his boots is going way over the top kilgallon will be a good buy at this level.

Would you call danny Murphy , etuhu, nuno Gomes, our best players last season? They were our biggest earners and players brought in on lot less wages like Williamson put etuhu and Murphy to Shame. Big wages doesn't always mean best players and with the ffp we cant keep paying big money. Id think killgallon will be as good as dann was last season but that my opinion.

I said normally they are your best players and in Dann's case, our best defender my a mile. We'll see mate on Kilgalon.

Rovers had 4 trialists playing for the Under 21's on Saturday

Sam gainsford(Liverpool)

Patrick Antelmi(Leeds)

Elliot Kebbie(Atl Madrid)

Bolton defender

Kebbie was at Leeds before being snapped up to go to Spain but has comeback to these shores...

Good young player...

Kebbie is a cracking player. I remember him playing against the under 7's team I used to coach in the Halifax Junior league and he was just too hot too handle. Was rumoured to be going to United but would love to see him in a blue and white shirt.

How did he play on saturday?

Something doesn't seem to compute here. Defensive midfield. We have Etuhu, Lowe, Williamson, and we are also looking to sign Marrow and Spearing?

I get that Etuhu is crap on current evidence, Lowe might occasionally be used at RB, and we might occasionally want to use two defensive minded midfielders. But this really seems like being overstocked in that area. It's Marrow I can understand the least- if we sign Spearing, surely there is utterly no point signing a lad who was playing on loan at Fleetwood last season and can't have much more room to develop. We also have the likes of Fernandez in waiting if we got really short.

Sparky I am in agreement with you in that I also rate Scott Dann, and thought he was one of our best players last season.

However in your second para you imply that Kilgallon is a championship / league 1 player. This got me thinking. A quick look on wikipedia showed that Kilgallon has never played in league 1. In fact he has played circa 40 times in the premier league, with the bulk of his appearances in the championship. Surely therefore Kilgallon falls into the category of championship / lower premier league player?

Archived