BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Guest Norbert

Makes you wonder if we had his long lost twin brother who normally works in a shop and has never played football instead.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my posts are very positive and I am backing GB 100% but I do believe that his signings in the coming weeks will make or break us.

I for one am happy with the incomings so far and I can see Kane, Taylor, Judge and DJ playing important parts this season.

However, whilst I do not rate the players who have left us they are actually decent players. Hence to lose Gomes, Murphy, CKR, Ollson, Givet and maybe Dann, Etuhu and Rochina then we will NEED to spend some on genuine quality!

I believe that Spearing and a pacey winger like adomah, Antonio or Phillips will satisfy this. Killgallon can replace Dann.

If we want to be in the mix for promotion then we need to spend wisely on genuine quality once the above mentioned are moved on!

I'd get Shorty to sell the club to these players! Passionate, knowledgeable and a gentleman! BIG moment for GB this...get it wrong in terms of transfers and no amount of training will keep us from mid table obscurity!!

Most of my posts are very positive and I am backing GB 100% but I do believe that his signings in the coming weeks will make or break us.

I for one am happy with the incomings so far and I can see Kane, Taylor, Judge and DJ playing important parts this season.

However, whilst I do not rate the players who have left us they are actually decent players. Hence to lose Gomes, Murphy, CKR, Ollson, Givet and maybe Dann, Etuhu and Rochina then we will NEED to spend some on genuine quality!

I believe that Spearing and a pacey winger like adomah, Antonio or Phillips will satisfy this. Killgallon can replace Dann.

If we want to be in the mix for promotion then we need to spend wisely on genuine quality once the above mentioned are moved on!

I'd get Shorty to sell the club to these players! Passionate, knowledgeable and a gentleman! BIG moment for GB this...get it wrong in terms of transfers and no amount of training will keep us from mid table obscurity!!

Apparently Adomah's put in a transfer request at Bristol City. We should be all over that if the money's right.

Not really a target but our former "prolific" striker, Anthony Modeste has just signed for Hoffenheim.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/8814511/Modeste-moves-to-Hoffenheim

"Rosen described the player as "quick, dangerous in the air and in front of goal" :lol:

Wonder what his cut of the fee was to come out with that.

Mid table obscurity ......you that confident.

Agreed, his best stories for Rovers were always about the club's situation rather than actual players.

Do like the guy though and I don't think he's been aggressive towards Blackburn since he left the LT as some people are making out.

He just can't be biased, but I'm pretty sure he still cares for Rovers.

Not really a target but our former "prolific" striker, Anthony Modeste has just signed for Hoffenheim.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/8814511/Modeste-moves-to-Hoffenheim

"Rosen described the player as "quick, dangerous in the air and in front of goal" :lol:

Yeah RoversSG I found that funny as well dangerous in front of goal his goals to game ratio was poor in the air he was quite good and he was fairly quick as a striker but in front of goal he was absolutely awful would make a better winger.

If Rochina has gone we definitely have to get Spearing in.

I have a feeling Bowyer may favour a 4-4-2 formation which to be honest isn't the worst idea as Rhodes did well in that formation at Huddersfield.

We now need another striker if we're playing 442, Nahki Wells is available for around 2million or we could try an loan the Chilean from utd or pizon from Chelsea.

We got Rhodes Best Campbell and King who could play up front .... we got Nunes , Pedersen , King and the other Ollson who could play left winger ..... don't you feel left wing is more of a problem?

If Rochina has gone we definitely have to get Spearing in.

I have a feeling Bowyer may favour a 4-4-2 formation which to be honest isn't the worst idea as Rhodes did well in that formation at Huddersfield.

Rochina leaving could suggest a 4-4-2 is on the cards (Although I personally like a forward duo with a #10 type of player in there, and not one with a target man. See Bergkamp-Henry), but the sheer # of central midfielders we have now would suggest we're looking to use more than 2 at a time. And where does Dunn fit into a 4-4-2? Seems odd to give him a new contract if he's not going to fit into the team.

It might be a matter of tailoring the formation to the squad, or more specifically the strikers. We have Rhodes, Best and Campbell being paid a small fortune, three strikers who are all proven at this level even if two of them looked very poor for us last season. All of them strikers who can only really play centrally, so the only way to use more than one of them at once is in a 4-4-2. One could also argue that all of them work best with support around them (Which could be two up front, but doesn't have to be). There are of course many different thoughts on whether to adapt the team to the formation or the formation to the team, but I would favour the approach of working with what you've got (i.e play a formation that suits the team) and planning future signings/sales/releases/renewals based on what you ideally want to play. Putting square pegs in round holes is not the way to go. See for example Kean playing Goodwillie on the wing.

“I can play on either side, in a three in midfield or just behind a striker so I’m really happy to play wherever the manager wants me to play.”

No idea, think he is left footed but claims to be happy playing either flank.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10522682.Blackburn_Rovers_new_boy_Chris_Taylor_backs_top_flight_push/

Archived