[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw this;

LOVEMYMAILBOX @LOVEMYMAILBOX3s

Breaking News!Ruben Rochina has left #Blackburn #Rovers #goodluck

Fingers crossed!

Poor player for us, technically very good but couldn't pass, couldn't shoot and lost the ball 9/10 times, also has a rather high opinion of himself for someone who's done nothing in the game at all, not cut out for a promotion push either.

Yeah RoversSG I found that funny as well dangerous in front of goal his goals to game ratio was poor in the air he was quite good and he was fairly quick as a striker but in front of goal he was absolutely awful would make a better winger.

You do know it is Modeste we are talking about don't you?

Just hope the posters who claimed that this lad is a very good signing are right.

I saw him play live twice and on tv twice last season and he was genuinely the best player on the park on all four occasions...

He's wirey in stature, ratty in his work rate and pursuit of the opposition and more than useful in the ball. Likes to dribble, shoot and definately not scared of putting his foot in...I would describe him as an "old fashioned" type of player...no fancy fan flicks or "wow" factor but in the matches I saw...very very effective!

I predict that he will be a fans favourite. Hope I'm right!

I saw him play live twice and on tv twice last season and he was genuinely the best player on the park on all four occasions...

He's wirey in stature, ratty in his work rate and pursuit of the opposition and more than useful in the ball. Likes to dribble, shoot and definately not scared of putting his foot in...I would describe him as an "old fashioned" type of player...no fancy fan flicks or "wow" factor but in the matches I saw...very very effective!

You've built me up now Mani, cant wait to see him play.

I think its going to be a case of Rochina wanting out as opposed to us pushing him out.

Bowyer said previously that Rochina was very much in his plans, I wonder if we will now look for another creative player to replace him instead of Spearing?

Agree with this Rochina comment. he wants out.

I hope we look for Midfielder playmaker/Goalscorer as next signing aswell as Kiko coming in as Olsson replacement.

Someone like Andy King from Leicester I will look to sign. scores goals at this level. we lack a Goalscorer centre midfielder for years.

Spearing looks like he is waiting to see if any PL teams coming in for him before coming for talks at Rovers in my view.

I thought Taylor was r/m tbh ?

If Taylor plays left who plays right ? ........ is anybody else confused or just me ?? ha ha ha

Taylor can play right wing, left wing and in the middle of 3 man midfield aswell.

Just hope the posters who claimed that this lad is a very good signing are right.

He is very good signing and he is the type of player who work give 100% all the time. Will be Fans Favourite this season

agree 100%.

I think it says that after a recommendation they have decided to have a look at him and he's maybe better than what we've got...pretty simple really

FFP and 7 on the books at present, aye we're screaming out for another one.

Anyway he wasn't that good, drops too quickly and so deep the line will easily be exploited by better teams.

I cant find anything written anywhere about Kiko other than he's a left back with little if any 1st team experiance, he just seems like another young Portuguese non-entity(akin to the Portuguese crew we signed last year)

The difference between the unknown players being brought in this year is that they are being properly tested to see if they are good enough. For example, kiko is being brought in to train with the squad, songoo is on trial etc. If they are good enough, they will be signed. If not, they will be sent packing. It's very much the approach Mark Hughes took. Bring in established players but also bring in trialists as well and have a look at them. It's what he did with Nelsen and samba. Bowyer is operating a similar policy.

Last year, shebby brought these players in against the managers will, without the manager seeing them play and because he is mates with their agent!

I remember Edinho and Jorge playing in the double header in Accrington, maybe at Rochdale too and not really impressing, so I don't think thats changed.

I don't think they were ever on trial tbh. They we always going to sign due to who their agent was.

Think the ones on trial at the moment will be judged on footballing ability rather than who their agent is.

Hear that songoo has impressed so far.

The difference between the unknown players being brought in this year is that they are being properly tested to see if they are good enough. For example, kiko is being brought in to train with the squad, songoo is on trial etc. If they are good enough, they will be signed. If not, they will be sent packing. It's very much the approach Mark Hughes took. Bring in established players but also bring in trialists as well and have a look at them. It's what he did with Nelsen and samba. Bowyer is operating a similar policy.

Last year, shebby brought these players in against the managers will, without the manager seeing them play and because he is mates with their agent!

How are they being properly tested? What's Bowyers track record at signing players? The one player I've been happy about was Murphy he's good and has room to improve and why did we lose him?

A rookie mistake of allowing him time to think and not getting him to sign as soon as it was agreed.

If a DoF is being sought he should be our next signing, before anymore players arrive.

How are they being properly tested? What's Bowyers track record at signing players? The one player I've been happy about was Murphy he's good and has room to improve and why did we lose him?

A rookie mistake of allowing him time to think and not getting him to sign as soon as it was agreed.

If a DoF is being sought he should be our next signing, before anymore players arrive.

Playing in pre season games, training with the first team squad, putting them through their paces physically. Surely that is testing them properly? How else would you test someone?

Bowyer signed one player last season, Todd Kane. He was one of our best players in the latter part of the season. Been impressed with the signings of Taylor, DJ and kilgallon. Also impressed with the names we have been and are after including Murphy and spearing. We missed out on Murphy cos they offered him higher wages. Simple as that. They had shifted out Morrison the week before to free up wages for him.

It's not Bowyer's job to sign the players, simply identify who he wants to sign.

Our squad is looking a lot better thanks to the signings he's made than it did when Shebby was going crazy.

Squad is still looking far too bloated with too many average players.

Problem is that we have the incompetent rogue Shaw in charge of transfers, apart from players no one else wants, can't see us competing and winning the battle should we be in competition for any players.

I remember Edinho and Jorge playing in the double header in Accrington, maybe at Rochdale too and not really impressing, so I don't think thats changed.

Saw both at Fleetwood - actually thought Jorge looked a fairly tidy player with a bit of promise. Edinho - I had hoped it was just an off day - his performances since would suggest not !

Playing in pre season games, training with the first team squad, putting them through their paces physically. Surely that is testing them properly? How else would you test someone?

Bowyer signed one player last season, Todd Kane. He was one of our best players in the latter part of the season. Been impressed with the signings of Taylor, DJ and kilgallon. Also impressed with the names we have been and are after including Murphy and spearing. We missed out on Murphy cos they offered him higher wages. Simple as that. They had shifted out Morrison the week before to free up wages for him.

We don't need them we have 7 CB's, FFP looms and until we can meet that the trialists are not needed. One of the kids (O'Connell is good enough for 4th choice) and we have 3 main stays for that role (Givet, Hanley & Kilgallon). Same @#/? different day just like number 10's before. We need three-four starters of strong quality to push for promotion, not 10 squad players.

I'm not impressed like others, our 1st eleven was good enough to almost be relegated last year and none of them screams quality. The league will be harder this year of that I have no doubt. Is our first 11 better with these signings? IMHO no.

Neither am I impressed at being linked to players, I'm interested in actual signings. We had a deal agreed with Murphy didn't get him to sign and leeds swooped and signed him. Did Leeds say take a couple of days to think it over? No they got it signed there and then as we would have matched it and they knew it. Inexperience in the transfer market, Mcdermott knew what was needed and got the job done.

On Todd Kane, yes he's good, bit unfit but good. I once scored a hole in one on the golf course, never have again. One good signing doesn't mean they all will be and if anything I'd say Kane came from a higher level, from a quality club with good coaching etc etc. Has Taylor? Has Judge? Marrow? and so on.

Lets hope then that Bowyer does have final say and isn't being pressured by anybody to sign these players(and it wont be held against him in anyway if he sends the players packing)

We don't need them we have 7 CB's, FFP looms and until we can meet that the trialists are not needed. One of the kids (O'Connell is good enough for 4th choice) and we have 3 main stays for that role (Givet, Hanley & Kilgallon). Same @#/? different day just like number 10's before. We need three-four starters of strong quality to push for promotion, not 10 squad players.

I'm not impressed like others, our 1st eleven was good enough to almost be relegated last year and none of them screams quality. The league will be harder this year of that I have no doubt. Is our first 11 better with these signings? IMHO no.

Neither am I impressed at being linked to players, I'm interested in actual signings. We had a deal agreed with Murphy didn't get him to sign and leeds swooped and signed him. Did Leeds say take a couple of days to think it over? No they got it signed there and then as we would have matched it and they knew it. Inexperience in the transfer market, Mcdermott knew what was needed and got the job done.

On Todd Kane, yes he's good, bit unfit but good. I once scored a hole in one on the golf course, never have again. One good signing doesn't mean they all will be and if anything I'd say Kane came from a higher level, from a quality club with good coaching etc etc. Has Taylor? Has Judge? Marrow? and so on.

We don't have 7 centre backs. We have Dann, Hanley and Kilgallon. Givet is as good as gone, henrique has gone. We've got O'Connell who is decent and can make the step up next season. Ryan Edwards is also very good but at be another year before he can step up. Songoo would be dirt cheap so no harm in bringing him in and hoping he turns out to be good.

I agree with your point about needing more first teamers rather than squad players. Judge and Marrow are squad players I would imagine but DJ, Taylor, kilgallon, and Kane are first teamers and will improve our first 11.

Marrow and Judge came from our youth team so I'd say yes they've been brought up with very good coaching. The same youth team that has produced the likes of duff, Dunn and Jones.

I see Songo'o coming in as replacement for Givet who wants out. I don't see the problem in looking at a couple of players on Trial for couple of weeks. Hughes did the same thing with Samba, Nelsen and Mokenna so Don't see the Problem TBH! speaking to a couple of people who went to Wrexham said he played well. I hoping to see him at Rochdale and PNE friendlies

Kilgallon has come in as Dann replacement in my view

Edwards and O'Connor will go on loan this season. A full season in League 1/2 and playing a full season will improve them and get used to playing competitive football will help them.

O'Connell will be 4th choice this season, plus I believe he can play Left back aswell centre back

I think Taylor and King will play wide at the start of the season. Kane is very good loan signing. Judge is a very good squad player.

I think we need goalscorer Centre midfielder, Left back and target man type of striker before the start of the season

Think it's the other way around really.

Givet is a left sided defender so Kilgallon is his replacement.

Dann is a right sided defender and I don't think Songo'o would necessarily replace him but instead be a back up to him.

This leaves us with Dann and possibly Songo'o as right sided centre backs and then Hanley and Kilgallon on the other side.

Archived