BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Is this French guy not good enough for French Ligue 2 or is he not good enough to get into a team of Moutinho's, Falcao's etc once Monaco have been promoted... cause theres a monumental difference...

I don't really think any of us know whether he's any good at all for the English Championship, the French seem to play a totally different kind

of football, lets just say not quite so intense or so we're led to believe.

Surely there must be plenty of players who would be less of a risk than this guy, especially if we are prepared to pay £1.5- 2m for them.

6 month loan would be safer bet, see how he copes.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea what he's like and whether he'll be a good signing if we do we him. The one thing I am happy about is that we're looking at a midfielder who has captained his side recently. At least we're looking at the right position.

All I know is that Rovers have a agreement with a few clubs in Bulgaria where they get first pick on a few players

One of the Portuguese duds the little Midfeilder went there on loan as part of the deal and boy they weren't happy with him...

3 players were here recently on trial.. 2 midfielders and a goali.....

Bowyer has said that Dj Campbell is part of his plans for this season and not leaving.

Givet and Formica are trying to find new clubs.

and Bowyer says they is no interest from Rovers in Crewe Max Clayton.

Source is today Lancs Telegraph

Bowyer has said that Dj Campbell is part of his plans for this season and not leaving.

Givet and Formica are trying to find new clubs.

and Bowyer says they is no interest from Rovers in Crewe Max Clayton.

Source is today Lancs Telegraph

Nothing about Rochina? Surely someone must have asked...

Sorry for not quoting the post and poster who offered the opinion of his Monaco supporting mate. But the fact a Monaco fan thinks he wasn't good enough for them last year doesnt bother me in the slightest. That bunch of happy campers were on a promise to bigger and better things. I don't imagine they had the inclination to consider the virtues of there squad when they were told how the club intended to blow PSG out of the water this summer.

Two key points for me. One, he has just achieved promotion. Albeit in a different country, having winners in the squad is only ever a good thing. And two he captained the side. Our squad desperately needs leadership. Not seen him play and I'm not saying he's going to be a worldie. But trying to remain upbeat, there might be some hidden positives in this deal.

I find the fact that he was Monaco captain very significant as well. Bowyer has identified that there's a lack of leadership in the team. Again, it's very similar to what Hughes did when he first came in; he noticed a lack of leadership so brough in two national captains in Nelsen and Moekena.

He must be an improvement on what we currently have in central midfield, it would be hard not to be!

He was asked about Rochina last week and he basically said he is not going anywhere.

Cheers Rob, I must have missed this. Do you have a link?

Strange how one Twitter user's (seemingly entirely fabricated) story about Rochina going to Elche was reproduced by so many news outlets. Sign of the times I suppose.

Utter madness to let him go in my opinion. Not to derail the thread, but we could be genuine play-off contenders with a solid back four, hard-working midfield, Rhodes' goals and Ruben's flair.

Hi, I've been away for a bit and unable to follow the goings on, any chance of someone with a bit of time on their hands posting a list of incomings and outgoings so far? I've completely lost track. (possibly we could stick it in its own thread, pin it and update it as and when? with a squad list?)

Cheers,

Asp.

Hi, I've been away for a bit and unable to follow the goings on, any chance of someone with a bit of time on their hands posting a list of incomings and outgoings so far? I've completely lost track. (possibly we could stick it in its own thread, pin it and update it as and when? with a squad list?)

Cheers,

Asp.

Have a gander

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/blackburn-rovers/transfers/verein_164.html

Strange how one Twitter user's (seemingly entirely fabricated) story about Rochina going to Elche was reproduced by so many news outlets. Sign of the times I suppose.

Utter madness to let him go in my opinion. Not to derail the thread, but we could be genuine play-off contenders with a solid back four, hard-working midfield, Rhodes' goals and Ruben's flair.

GB mentions Rochina situation in this article ...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10544370.Jay_Spearing_s_Blackburn_Rovers_move_in_doubt/

Yh but UnleAded is very reliable hardly ever gets things wrong which is all the more ibteresting to see what has happend with the Rochinasituation....Unleaded can you shed more info??

Elche want the player ..RR wants to go ..Rovers have already agreed to the loan plus the fee they would like if they want to make the deal 1.8 million Euros ......

RR is in a que of signings for ths Spainish ..... They want 9 in total and have got 6 ... RR is number 7....

Elche want the player ..RR wants to go ..Rovers have already agreed to the loan plus the fee they would like if they want to make the deal 1.8 million Euros ......

RR is in a que of signings for ths Spainish ..... They want 9 in total and have got 6 ... RR is number 7....

This sounds plausible enough, and of course you've been prolific with news in the past unleaded, but I can't see why Bowyer (and Rochina) would thereby "lie" about this situation. Bowyer has certainly been open and frank with regards to other potential departures (Murphy, Gomes, Goodwillie, Givet).

Given Bowyer's track record of working with young players I think he would be excited at the prospect of working with a prodigious, raw talent from La Masia. He certainly seemed to appreciate Rochina during his first spell as caretaker.

Archived