BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw and Radio Lancs

Just been on Radio lancs around 8:25am, not much really just kinda implied the Berg fiasco wasn't his fault because he didn't double check someone else's work ?? and the Roa family are okay with him, said he hasn't heard or spoke to Shebby for weeks, (the tone was not good), so all in all he thinks by keeping his head down and saying nothing he can just carry on. Really beggars belief, and i still don't know why he dosent get the @#/? shebby does because he also comes out with BS.

Also Radio lancs didn't ask any real in depth questions so just gave him a platform to spout.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been on Radio lancs around 8:25am, not much really just kinda implied the Berg fiasco wasn't his fault because he didn't double check someone else's work ?? and the Roa family are okay with him, said he hasn't heard or spoke to Shebby for weeks, (the tone was not good), so all in all he thinks by keeping his head down and saying nothing he can just carry on. Really beggars belief, and i still don't know why he dosent get the @#/? shebby does because he also comes out with BS.

Also Radio lancs didn't ask any real in depth questions so just gave him a platform to spout.

Remind me to get a job at Rovers. Seems like you can do whatever and get away with it.

So he defended himself and gave a poor impression of Singh. So no suprise there then............ Whose stamp would likely be on organising that then? :glare:

So he defended himself and gave a poor impression of Singh. So no suprise there then............ Whose stamp would likely be on organising that then? :glare:

Mmm lets think, does it start with P. and kind of finishes with spew :closedeyes:

So Shaw is a typical MD then. Throwing someone else under the bus yet admitting he signs stuff without even checking it first.

Surprised Sylvester is still around then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01904tn

Starts at 2.20.31

Derek Shaw "......we have to move on"

Transcipt if you can't access the audio

Derek Shaw “It’s not been easy but I think the main thing I was probably responsible for is not checking somebody else’s work. I don’t want to go over old ground. I’ve kept my head down and I don’t want he said this, they said that. That’s gone now and we have to move on”

Radio Lancs “You maintained a diplomatic silence throughout the whole proceedings. Was that a deliberate ploy or did you not get the chance to voice your concern or counter arguement?”

Derek Shaw “I had calls from yourselves and the paper and one thing and another but I just thought it was better to just say nothing and get on with things.”

Radio Lancs “And going forward into the future your position here how do you see it now after what’s gone on?”

Derek Shaw “Well you get fed up of hearing about it...I was over in India two weeks ago, very amicable meetings with the owners. But we go over for a meeting in India and one paper is reporting a falling out, you know, its utter nonsense. I speak to the owners nearly every day, you know, everything’s fine. We all have the same aim. And they’ve got a big aim, to get this club back to the Premier League.”

Radio Lancs “There was never a chance that you might have left the club as a result of what has happened?

Derek Shaw “Well to my knowledge there wasn’t, possibly was, erm, I’m still here and long may it continue.”

Radio Lancs “The things that have gone on behind the scenes have they been resolved now, the position with Shebby and Paul and……?”

Derek Shaw (chuckles) “I’ve hardly seen Shebby Singh for months, you know, there’s no big falling out. I don’t know what people seem to say, he does his thing, and we kinda do ours, you know, it’s kinda ridiculous some of the comments that are made. You know, he’s not been here for seven or eight weeks and I’m not quite sure where it will all end, he’s working in India, you know, on other things for the owners. So, you know, that’s not my decision.”

So Shaw is a typical MD then. Throwing someone else under the bus yet admitting he signs stuff without even checking it first.

Starts at 2.20.31

Excellent stuff blue and white, seems Shaw has the Shebby you know syndrome, Like i said earlier, radio Lancs never pushed him at all, Can anyone believe a word he says.

Starts at 2.20.31

They have a big aim-to get this club back in the premier league!!!

As has been said on here before this has become a version of the fookin ''Trueman Show''. keep talking sh1te for long enough and gradually people will believe it to be true.

We have never ever been further from the PL spiritually, the club is going downhill at a rapid rate , we are now signing freebies and about to get rid of anybody we can get money for(or save money on) and they carry on spouting this sh1te like nothing has happened.''We just have to move on'' he says (another Agnew term).

Well i wish you fookin would -the whole stinking pile of puss that runs this club-move on!! And quick please.

"That's gone now and we have to move on".

Never mind Delboy. It's only £2m down the toilet but as long as you get to keep your job then all is well.

What a complete cesspit our boardroom is.

But still, Singh is clearly the bigger problem because he spouts nonsense on the radio much more often. :rolleyes:

"That's gone now and we have to move on".

Never mind Delboy. It's only £2m down the toilet but as long as you get to keep your job then all is well.

What a complete cesspit our boardroom is.

But still, Singh is clearly the bigger problem because he spouts nonsense on the radio much more often. :rolleyes:

I think the reason why Shebby is the bigger problem is because he wants to buy players and simply present them to the manager. Basically, he wants to control what goes on on the pitch and that has to be the responsiblity of the manager.

From another thread but relevant to your discussion..

Jbizzle, on 28 May 2013 - 22:29, said:snapback.png

I thought the documentary hit the right notes.

It showed respected ex pros, current coaches, press and passionate fans share a message of concern. The concern being based on the wilful neglect of the club by the owners (or not owners) with predictions of more problems down the line compounded with no answers from the first bakers dozen mistakes - a year later all their concerns came to fruition - a point that needed to be driven more.

Also, it showed Shebby Singh as a clown. Everybody already knows this, but his advise to rovers started in 2011 (about the same time the plunge began) and since he arrived we have fallen further into chaos - yet he "deserves the benefit of the doubt"...

The fear is real with Shebby. He doesn't see the irony of what he says, and the press print and show him in all his glory - wether he is talking sense or answering questions as if he was a parody of himself. The second documentary should spell it out in glorious terms how much of a moron he is - analyse his answers with scrutiny. Sir Bill and Maureen where excellent from an honest fans point of view and the stuff about India and the none payment shows Venkys in the light that they deserve.

Mentioning the second documentary - I suggest a Kickstarter project. I will sort this if required as I need to research the independent release method.

Finally, Graeme Jones was excellent, I am proud to call him my councillor. The information he and Glen gave, really rocks the business if true - this aspect of the documentary needs to be seen by all.

Good post. There is a key issue about analysing his answers. Previously, I have actually written down his answers and the content really was meaningless babble.

What is required is some carefully planned, focused questioning. This never happens on the radio. The presenter doesn't hone in or another caller is allowed to come in with something else and this lets him off the hook.

I do think this is an issue with our local media and it is not just with Shebby. After all that went on with the Berg court case, Derek Shaw got away with murder on Radio Lancs only this morning-the move on card again!

We know Agnew has an A'Level in avoidance.( In their defence, I think the LT did reveal that by publishing his recent "interview".)

Le's not forget that we are dealing with a non-trust scenario-a whole culture of denial,secrecy and subterfuge. We do require interviewing skills that are specifically designed to outmanoeuvre the denial and interrupt the carefully prepared "tape"/script.

• Backroom

He seems short of a few brain cells to me. Not a good advert for the head man at a top football club that was.

He's certainly an affront to the assertion "you can't judge a book by its cover".

Why didn't Radio Lancs ask him about the owners representatives saying - in court - that he "went rogue" ? Why wasn't he asked about the leaked e-mails? Why wasn't he asked to clarify whose work he "didn't check" ? Why wasn't he pressed on whether losing 2M of the club's money is acceptable due to his negligence?

Hardly worth having him on at all. But I suppose if they had the courage to ask the real questions it would jeapordise their position with the club.

I don't think that 'unprofessional' really does justice to how Shaw comes across.

And this is the Managing Director of Blackburn Rovers.

John Williams must be turning in his new leather swivel chair, down at FA HQ (or wherever it is he works now).

I could honestly give better and more professional responses than what Shaw has come out with from the top of my head.

Hardly worth having him on at all. But I suppose if they had the courage to ask the real questions it would jeapordise their position with the club.

It's a good point and I can understand why the LT might worry about loss of advertising revenue. Although BBC Radio Lancashire is by definition a non-commercial station so they should be able to act more in the public interest. Showing up Shagnew will only sour the relationship while Shagnew hold positions there.

They should be a lot more hard hitting. If they walk out of the interview all the better as far as I am concerned.

As for the LT, it might not be long before they are a bigger enterprise than Rovers.

It's becoming more and more clear that Venky's are far too forgiving of their employees failing their jobs. Don't think there's a conspiracy. I think Venky's are just too gullible.

Paul Hunt might disagree.

He's certainly an affront to the assertion "you can't judge a book by its cover".

Why didn't Radio Lancs ask him about the owners representatives saying - in court - that he "went rogue" ? Why wasn't he asked about the leaked e-mails? Why wasn't he asked to clarify whose work he "didn't check" ? Why wasn't he pressed on whether losing 2M of the club's money is acceptable due to his negligence?

Brilliant!

Old Bag How the hell have you buggered up this Berg contract Derek.

DS I have no idea. It must have been Aggers.

Old Bag Thats OK then, how are things going on at Ewood.

DS I really have no idea sorry. As far as I know all is fine.

Old Bag Do you think we are in a position to get promoted next season?

DS Not a scooby, but Gaz is very nice, at least thats what Dunny told me.

Ols Bag What about Season Ticket sales.

DS You've completely lost me now Mrs.

Old Bag Ok well how are things with you Paul and Shebby?

DS Who is Shebby?

Old Bag Do you know anything at all Derek.

DS No absolutely nothing.

Old Bag. Well done then, carry on!

Old Bag How the hell have you buggered up this Berg contract Derek.

DS I have no idea. It must have been Aggers.

Old Bag Thats OK then, how are things going on at Ewood.

DS I really have no idea sorry. As far as I know all is fine.

Old Bag Do you think we are in a position to get promoted next season?

DS Not a scooby, but Gaz is very nice, at least thats what Dunny told me.

Ols Bag What about Season Ticket sales.

DS You've completely lost me now Mrs.

Old Bag Ok well how are things with you Paul and Shebby?

DS Who is Shebby?

Old Bag Do you know anything at all Derek.

DS No absolutely nothing.

Old Bag. Well done then, carry on!

Ha only thing missing were the: you knows.

Well what do we make of this good or bad.

Blackburn Rovers boss to deal directly with Desai

2:24pm Wednesday 29th May 2013 in NewsBy Chris Flanagan, Sports reporter

GARY Bowyer has confirmed he will have regular contact with Anuradha Desai after being appointed as Blackburn Rovers boss.

Bowyer flew to India to meet the Venky’s chairperson during his time as caretaker boss and spoke with her on the phone after matches.

Like his predecessor Michael Appleton, he will have direct contact with Venky’s rather than via the club’s global advisor Shebby Singh.

“My port of call is Madame (Desai),” Bowyer said.

“I can go straight to Madame as well as the board members at the club, who do a good job.”

Bowyer does not expect to travel to India regularly, but remains willing to make the trip whenever required.

“When the time is right to go out there and make future plans, if that’s what’s required that’s what I’ll be prepared to do,” he said.

“I went out a couple of times. The staff we’ve got are capable of looking after it if I’m required to go to India.

“The owners spoke with me and made their plans quite clear in terms of what’s expected and I’m aiming to deliver that.”

Unfortunately those quotes could be attributed to Kean and you wouldn't notice the difference.

On the Derek Shaw issue - Karen Silk gave a version of events in court that was contrary to one put forward by Shaw and Agnew and has now gone.

Derek Shaw told her not to put the 12 month compensation clause in when constructing Berg's contract. So how can he say it was because he didn't check someone's work? Karen Silk's work? So has she been disposed of?

Archived