BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw and Radio Lancs

Depends on how Bowyer would use that direct contact to Desai. Kean used it to keep himself in a job and made himself unsackable, would Bowyer do the same if results don't go his way? Or would he use it to tell it how it is and what is really going on? Time will tell.

I would much prefer that the manager only goes out once a season (before the season starts) to India to set out targets and plans. During the course of the season a Chairman or MD would be the owners contact point, the manager would go to that person if he wanted to let the owners know anything or make any requests.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad. Very bad.

If Bowyer honestly thinks that the board members here do a very good job then he's lost me already...and that's before I think of his inclination to call Desai 'madame'

Jeez, give him a break. He's just been given a very big job. They've taken a chance on him based on an impressive trial rather than going for someone with a name.

What do you expect him to say?

Well what do we make of this good or bad.

Blackburn Rovers boss to deal directly with Desai

2:24pm Wednesday 29th May 2013 in NewsBy Chris Flanagan, Sports reporter

GARY Bowyer has confirmed he will have regular contact with Anuradha Desai after being appointed as Blackburn Rovers boss.

Bowyer flew to India to meet the Venky’s chairperson during his time as caretaker boss and spoke with her on the phone after matches.

Like his predecessor Michael Appleton, he will have direct contact with Venky’s rather than via the club’s global advisor Shebby Singh.

“My port of call is Madame (Desai),” Bowyer said.

“I can go straight to Madame as well as the board members at the club, who do a good job.”

Bowyer does not expect to travel to India regularly, but remains willing to make the trip whenever required.

“When the time is right to go out there and make future plans, if that’s what’s required that’s what I’ll be prepared to do,” he said.

“I went out a couple of times. The staff we’ve got are capable of looking after it if I’m required to go to India.

“The owners spoke with me and made their plans quite clear in terms of what’s expected and I’m aiming to deliver that.”

What do I make of it? Absolutely nothing, as that's what any manager would say.

Depends on how Bowyer would use that direct contact to Desai. Kean used it to keep himself in a job and made himself unsackable, would Bowyer do the same if results don't go his way? Or would he use it to tell it how it is and what is really going on? Time will tell.

I would much prefer that the manager only goes out once a season (before the season starts) to India to set out targets and plans. During the course of the season a Chairman or MD would be the owners contact point, the manager would go to that person if he wanted to let the owners know anything or make any requests.

To get something done under Venkys, you talk to Desai as she can sanction any spending. Philppe Huber knows that, Jerome Anderson knows that, Kean knew that, and Shagnew know too.

If Bowyer is going to make any success under Venkys, he needs her backing. The problem is she likes sycophants to fit in with the regal Venkys power structure.

Jeez, give him a break. He's just been given a very big job. They've taken a chance on him based on an impressive trial rather than going for someone with a name.

What do you expect him to say?

It is the right thing to say in public under this regime. It would be more worrying if he actually believes in private that Shaw and Agnew are doing a good job.

To get something done under Venkys, you talk to Desai as she can sanction any spending. Philppe Huber knows that, Jerome Anderson knows that, Kean knew that, and Shagnew know too.

If Bowyer is going to make any success under Venkys, he needs her backing. The problem is she likes sycophants to fit in with the regal Venkys power structure.

It is the right thing to say in public under this regime. It would be more worrying if he actually believes in private that Shaw and Agnew are doing a good job.

Yes I think we'll all just have to hope we have'nt got Steve Kean mk2.

I have a tendency not to trust anything about this club whilst Shagnew are still around.

This will always be the case when you give a big job to someone who wouldn't be able to walk into a similar job elsewhere.

As well as GB has done, like Kean this could be his big pay day to set up his retirement so he'll do anything to cling onto it, including brown-nosing the idiots in Pune and on the Board.

This will always be the case when you give a big job to someone who wouldn't be able to walk into a similar job elsewhere.

As well as GB has done, like Kean this could be his big pay day to set up his retirement so he'll do anything to cling onto it, including brown-nosing the idiots in Pune and on the Board.

To be fair to GB I think most managers tend to brown nose club owners, but he must realize that Shagnew are a pair of chancers

and not fit for purpose.We can only hope that he sticks to his principles in the shark infested waters.

Money talks though.

NOTHING is going to change is it?,NOTHING is going to improve while these loons run the club..the same careless mistakes and rank amatuer PR over and over again.

They are totally off the scale of rank stupidity...this is THE harsh reality we all must bare under their awful tenure.

Which is why most people have given up (moved on?), SG.

Two camps now exist: those who have had enough and walked away, and those who have had enough and just watch the football.

Bowyer reporting directly to Desai doesn't bother as he's a good bloke and won't spin lies. The problem comes when you have a bad egg like kean reporting directly.

But, a proper board should be put in place in who can run the club in blackburn. Our board are basically overpaid clerical staff, they can't make decisions or have any real power. They are responsible for accurately drawing up contracts....Oh, wait

Bad. Very bad.

If Bowyer honestly thinks that the board members here do a very good job then he's lost me already...and that's before I think of his inclination to call Desai 'madame'

Lets be honest in his position he cannot really say anything else. He may think differently though.

Bowyer reporting directly to Desai doesn't bother as he's a good bloke and won't spin lies. The problem comes when you have a bad egg like kean reporting directly.

But, a proper board should be put in place in who can run the club in blackburn. Our board are basically overpaid clerical staff, they can't make decisions or have any real power. They are responsible for accurately drawing up contracts....Oh, wait

I agree to an extent. If GB is honest (and no reason to believe otherwise) and wants what's best for the club (ditto), and has an obvious pay rise to do the job, then he will do it to the best of his ability. Problems come from the idiots at home/Malaysia - will they stick their oar in? And still we need good people at Ewood - that's again where it falls down.

How can Shagnew spew the sh1te they do and keep getting away with it, somebody in the media needs to grow a set of balls and expose them for the lying scum they are.

Gary Bowyer could have kept quiet about these turds instead of bumming them up.

This isn't a football club anymore. it's just a failed business having it's bones picked over by unscrupulous profiteers. Have come to the conclusion that every penny going into it is just going to line someone else's pocket who I detest so best not to join in until these people are gone.

This isn't a football club anymore. it's just a failed business having it's bones picked over by unscrupulous profiteers. Have come to the conclusion that every penny going into it is just going to line someone else's pocket who I detest so best not to join in until these people are gone.

Couldnt agree more mate.Its an effing farce from top to bottom.

Just read the LT headline today ''PROMOTION IS THE AIM''

• Who would have ever guessed that such a thing would be our aim?? Its an insult to every fans intelligence and the sh1te just keeps on coming.Why don't they just admit that the whole exercise is to rape the fan base and rub our noses in it until there is nobody left?
  • And as for GB 's comments about Shagnew.... its just Stevie Kean revisited and might just be another promoted above his station. Holding the fort for a dozen games over 2 spells is one thing but running this circus is something entirely different and if the current recruits are a reflection of our top notch scouting system then god help us !!

Laughable. Do you know him personally? Nobody knows what he is like.

Apparently more from move on Derek in tomorrow's LT , no doubt will be hitting him with the hard questions , favourite colour, what sauce he likes on his burger etc.

Is Agger's on holiday ? his pet seems to be stealing his PR thunder at the moment

Archived