BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw and Radio Lancs

The list:

- Reports of an investigation into Shaw

- Karen Silk handing her notice in

- Denial on the club website of any investigation, moreover providing full backing

- Desai letter leaked saying she felt "cheated"

- Venkys lawyers saying Shaw had gone rogue

- Shaw saying he didn't have the authority to agree a manager's contract

- Singh being out of the country during the trial

- Agnew telling us all to "move on"

- Shaw saying that he hadn't checked the contract [before signing it] - something not mentioned in court

- Shaw seemingly facing no disciplinary action, let alone sacking, following the whole humiliating and costly episode

- Shaw now coming out and telling everyone about it like it's the most natural thing in the world

Little old Blackburn and no one gives a flying one - we follow it day to day however if you take a step back this is bizarre in the extreme.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brace yourself, it's Agnew's turn tomorrow in the LT to tell us everything's rosy and to move on

Odds on him mentioning he's ' a lifelong Rovers supporter' 1/6

Starting to think the LT are taking the p*Ss with these "interviews"?

Sure that it must just be coincidence that Rovers will be spending a few quid on LT advertising in the run up to the start of the season

I've been saying this for ages....in these times of austerity rovers advertising revenues will be very much crucial to the telegraph and its sister publications......

Sure that it must just be coincidence that Rovers will be spending a few quid on LT advertising in the run up to the start of the season

and nothing to do with ST's coming out soon and the need to impress Mrs Doubtfire

I'd long since grown wearisome of reading the feeble circumlocution of the boardroom booboisie that continue to frolic around the incandescent powder keg, but having studied every syllable and nuance of Shaw's nauseatingly apathetic blather there simply is not a shred of remorse over the quite seismic Berg contract calamity. He may as well have bared his ar$e and let out a huge soggy fart for all that interview achieved. Such appreciable lack of grace would have most supporters in blood-thirsty uproar bellowing slogans of outrage but I guess we've had enough of such punching-in-a-dream futility? Water off the mallards hind?

We are going to need a bloody defibrillator to resuscitate this club by the time they've finished degrading it. Poor old Gary Bowyer will be sewing in sparring mitts next campaign with such an unsettling backdrop and the resources of an Ethiopian hoarder at his disposal. The guy is on a hiding to nothing. A club with erectile dysfunction. Ruined. Wrecked. Abused for others needs. No sign of convalescence. They don't even care enough to put up a convincing artifice of professionalism and harmony. Content to drag the good name of BRFC through the Pune puddle water.

"Those heads are down because of gravity, not despair".

"Just yesterday my resourceful furniture-sourcing was applauded by one-armed villager".

"The aim is to avoid mediocrity".

Thrilling! When season tickets are finally released the queues will be, er, "anaemic". Such duplicitous and malevolent detritus "at the top" really do make it difficult to go on attending matches. That the Venky gimps effectively continue to permit this unedifying chaos says it all

I'd long since grown wearisome of reading the feeble circumlocution of the boardroom booboisie that continue to frolic around the incandescent powder keg, but having studied every syllable and nuance of Shaw's nauseatingly apathetic blather there simply is not a shred of remorse over the quite seismic Berg contract calamity. He may as well have bared his ar$e and let out a huge soggy fart for all that interview achieved. Such appreciable lack of grace would have most supporters in blood-thirsty uproar bellowing slogans of outrage but I guess we've had enough of such punching-in-a-dream futility? Water off the mallards hind?

We are going to need a bloody defibrillator to resuscitate this club by the time they've finished degrading it. Poor old Gary Bowyer will be sewing in sparring mitts next campaign with such an unsettling backdrop and the resources of an Ethiopian hoarder at his disposal. The guy is on a hiding to nothing. A club with erectile dysfunction. Ruined. Wrecked. Abused for others needs. No sign of convalescence. They don't even care enough to put up a convincing artifice of professionalism and harmony. Content to drag the good name of BRFC through the Pune puddle water.

"Those heads are down because of gravity, not despair".

"Just yesterday my resourceful furniture-sourcing was applauded by one-armed villager".

"The aim is to avoid mediocrity".

Thrilling! When season tickets are finally released the queues will be, er, "anaemic". Such duplicitous and malevolent detritus "at the top" really do make it difficult to go on attending matches. That the Venky gimps effectively continue to permit this unedifying chaos says it all

Thats about it.

"I don't want to go over old ground, I've,err, I've kept me head down, I don't want he said this, he said that - that's gone now and we have to move on...I think the main thing I was responsible for was not checking other people’s work to a thorough extent."

The Berg case judgement regarding whose work he hadn't checked:

'The note that Mrs Silk says she was handed by Mr Shaw when he asked her to draw up the offer letter of 31st October is consistent with what Mr Berg says was agreed at the meeting on the 31st October. There is a reference to 30th June 2015 in Mr Shaw's handwriting and a reference to there being "... no 12 months notice.." in Mrs Silk's handwriting, that she says records a clarification given to her by Mr Shaw... It is difficult to see why Mr Shaw would instruct Mrs Silk in the manner she says he did unless that reflected the effect of what had been discussed and agreed between Mr Berg and Mr Shaw and Mr Agnew at the meeting between them on 31st October.'

So we should move on and forgive him for not checking his own work. Karen Silk gives an account that contradicts Shaw and Agnew and goes.

"I don't want to go over old ground, I've,err, I've kept me head down, I don't want he said this, he said that - that's gone now and we have to move on...I think the main thing I was responsible for was not checking other peoples work to a thorough extent."

'The note that Mrs Silk says she was handed by Mr Shaw when he asked her to draw up the offer letter of 31st October is consistent with what Mr Berg says was agreed at the meeting on the 31st October. There is a reference to 30th June 2015 in Mr Shaw's handwriting and a reference to there being "... no 12 months notice.." in Mrs Silk's handwriting, that she says records a clarification given to her by Mr Shaw... It is difficult to see why Mr Shaw would instruct Mrs Silk in the manner she says he did unless that reflected the effect of what had been discussed and agreed between Mr Berg and Mr Shaw and Mr Agnew at the meeting between them on 31st October.'

So we should move on and forgive him for not checking his own work. Karen Silk gives an account that contradicts Shaw and Agnew and goes.

Now, a photocopy of that note would be good!

The trouble is though, that it doesn't matter what evidence is unearthed or what disrepute they bring the club into, NOTHING will be done. Not by the authorities, not by Venkys, not by the fans - apart from maybe another few thousand off the (St Johns Ambulance version of the) attendance.

This whole debacle has shown that the football authorities are at best impotent and at worst negligent towards the destruction of one of their own members. There doesn't even seem to be an appetite to change the rules to prevent it happening again. No. Avoiding another Jack Walker, via FFP, seem a much higher priority than avoiding another Venkys,

"Bring us the smoking gun"

"So we can bury it"

If there was a smoking gun - irrefutable proof of wrongdoing (which was therefore not libellous). I would hope that BRAG would take it to Nick Harris instead of, or at least before, the FA.

I genuinely think that Silk has take the bullet for the Berg contract.

There's too much coincidence with her leaving at the same time. I would guess they've decided not to publicly shame her so she can get another job.

If finances were the topic of shagnews trip to Pune, why wouldn't she go with them?

• Backroom

This whole debacle has shown that the football authorities are at best impotent and at worst negligent towards the destruction of one of their own members. There doesn't even seem to be an appetite to change the rules to prevent it happening again. No. Avoiding another Jack Walker, via FFP, seem a much higher priority than avoiding another Venkys,

"Bring us the smoking gun"

"So we can bury it"

Indeed. I have a sneaking suspicion that any smoking gun will have the fingerprints of the FA all over it. I'm sure their "investigation" has ensured numerous paper-trails have been covered up, and the documents given to them by BRFCAG last year will give them a good idea of how far independent investigation has progressed and alert them to any potential suspicions they may have otherwise missed.

"I don't want to go over old ground, I've,err, I've kept me head down, I don't want he said this, he said that - that's gone now and we have to move on...I think the main thing I was responsible for was not checking other people’s work to a thorough extent."

Come one Scott let's not concentrate on he said this, they said that. Lets all move on ;)

So at the end of the day Silk has carried the can for

*Doing what she ws told

*Not robustly requesting clarification on the deviation from stadard club policy (12 months severance)

*Having a boss who's incompetent and doesn't even check important documents

If she did have some liability at lest she did the decent thing

I genuinely think that Silk has take the bullet for the Berg contract.

There's too much coincidence with her leaving at the same time. I would guess they've decided not to publicly shame her so she can get another job.

If finances were the topic of shagnews trip to Pune, why wouldn't she go with them?

I believe that if they went down the route of shaming her as you suggest they'd find themselves in court rather quickly. Shaw wasn't considered competent and a money grabber at PNE and Silk has a great reputation from her previous club. I'd tend to favour that Shaw gave those instructions and given the slimey @#/? that's gone on finacially at Rovers in recent years, I would love to know what happened to the 2.2M once Berg was paid it.

"I speak to the owners nearly every day, you know, everything’s fine. We all have the same aim. And they’ve got a big aim, to get this club back to the Premier League.”

Spoken like a true Kean, in fact exactly like Kean.

You'd think they had the same person writing for them.

Agnew chirps up with BIG if's and there's some amazing transfer news at the end :/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10455188.New_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Gary_Bowyer_backed_to_make_successful_step_up_from__Parkes__role/

Agnew insisted Rovers were not far off enjoying success in 2012/13, despite finishing 10 points outside the play-offs.

“If you’d said to me at the start of last season that if we’d have
beaten Charlton and Peterborough at home, we’d have been within a win
and a draw of the play-offs I think you would have taken that,” he said.

“If we’d beaten Millwall and had three more wins, we’d have made the
play-offs and been in the semi finals of the FA Cup. But if you ask
Rovers fans what sort of season we’ve had, they would say say poor.”

• Moderation Lead

Agnew chirps up with BIG if's and there's some amazing transfer news at the end :/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10455188.New_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Gary_Bowyer_backed_to_make_successful_step_up_from__Parkes__role/

Agnew insisted Rovers were not far off enjoying success in 2012/13, despite finishing 10 points outside the play-offs.

If youd said to me at the start of last season that if wed have

beaten Charlton and Peterborough at home, wed have been within a win

and a draw of the play-offs I think you would have taken that, he said.

If wed beaten Millwall and had three more wins, wed have made the

Rovers fans what sort of season weve had, they would say say poor.

Aye, bet like usual, the daft t1t thinks we should move on......

If you think finishing 17th with the highest paid squad by far in the league is anything other than "poor" you are seriously stupid.

OMG..Sometimes it really is better to keep your mouth firmly shut.

First, the arrogance in Agnew's assumption that we can be conned into accepting this ridiculous spin.( Now you know where Steve Kean got it from.)

It is like the passenger saying it is good thing that he s***t himself on the platform because it saved him having to pay to use the toilet!

Second, the trouble with such ingrained denial is that he ends up actually believing his own distorted logic. Remember Kean's "exciting times for the club" after we were relegated?

Go now!!!!!!!!!

" Bury the rag deep in your face

For now is the time for your tears.."

Archived