BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And considering he's been bang average for about 6-7 years the club have been good for him too. Lets not forget that.

I know Dunny has had his injury problems, but when the chips are down you'll always see that fat little fecker putting himself about. Peds is big girls blouse and but for his walking stick antics he'd be seen as a welcome departure.

Being an MGP fan. Have to ask why do we need MGP when nobody is very good at heading the ball in the team.

And considering he's been bang average for about 6-7 years the club have been good for him too. Lets not forget that.

I know Dunny has had his injury problems, but when the chips are down you'll always see that fat little fecker putting himself about. Peds is big girls blouse and but for his walking stick antics he'd be seen as a welcome departure.

Being an MGP fan. Have to ask why do we need MGP when nobody is very good at heading the ball in the team.

Neither is MGP. Its a myth. Just ask Chelsea.

Sooner have Dunn than MGP?

Id sooner have the guy who contributes regularly.

Take the fact Dunn is a local away, and what has he really contributed in the last 3 seasons? (No cheap point scoring on 1 goal vs Burnley).

pederson`s trouble was he never kept up the form he had when initially breaking through for us, but imo if he had, he`d have left the club long ago anyway. he`s still a good solid pro and our best creative player for sure on his day. i for one would prefer he stuck around as a positive influence on our younger players. there`s a few i`d want gone before him.

I googled it, seems he's been training with Rosenberg to keep his fitness up. He refuses to speculate.

http://www.vg.no/sport/artikkel.php?artid=10104615

Sad to see people not a little more sentimental about it if he went. Yes, he's a very average player but he contributed last year and puts so much effort in

Fantastic person, wouldn't be disappointed to see him leave on a football level but he has done a lot for this club, I'll remember that.

Personally I find the lack of appreciation for him slightly painful, very similar to how I used to feel when Shearer was booed on his returns. Obviously Pedersen doesn't come close to the man I regard as the greatest ever player to wear blue and white. But his achievements for Rovers still have a very good chance of dwarfing those who follow him for decades to come. When's the next time we'll finish 4 points behind Arsenal? When's the next time we'll scare the **** out of an all-conquering Mourinho team in a hugely important match? When's the next time we'll win at Old Trafford?

Pedersen has made massive contributions to this club that very, very few will equal in the coming years. I've argued long and hard about the current contribution I think he makes to the team. But why can't those who think there isn't one at least regard him as a sort of past-it old codger who doesn't make much sense these days but deserves respected for his past glories? Its the insults and the casual disregard that get me. If a player with 350 appearances for Rovers is treated like dirt, I can't help but consider how much actual point there is in being a supporter.

Personally I find the lack of appreciation for him slightly painful, very similar to how I used to feel when Shearer was booed on his returns. Obviously Pedersen doesn't come close to the man I regard as the greatest ever player to wear blue and white. But his achievements for Rovers still have a very good chance of dwarfing those who follow him for decades to come. When's the next time we'll finish 4 points behind Arsenal? When's the next time we'll scare the **** out of an all-conquering Mourinho team in a hugely important match? When's the next time we'll win at Old Trafford?

Pedersen has made massive contributions to this club that very, very few will equal in the coming years. I've argued long and hard about the current contribution I think he makes to the team. But why can't those who think there isn't one at least regard him as a sort of past-it old codger who doesn't make much sense these days but deserves respected for his past glories? Its the insults and the casual disregard that get me. If a player with 350 appearances for Rovers is treated like dirt, I can't help but consider how much actual point there is in being a supporter.

I have been an MGP detractor but never the less I think you've eloquently made some very valid points there. The problem for me with MGP is that he is a talent, he does seem like one of the good guys, he has a great attitude, he rarely misses games but for all that his overall contribution is frustratingly mediocre. I know some may be able to produce some stats or other that might suggest otherwise but the fact that a player of his ability has not earned a big move speaks volumes for me.

We are lead to believe that he is a very big earner so, if that's the case, it would probably be best for the club if he moved on. That having been said, in no way does he deserve the sort of stick he's had on here. Neither, for that matter, does David Dunn. The fact that both get that kind of ignorant abuse is a sign of the times I'm afraid.

I have been an MGP detractor but never the less I think you've eloquently made some very valid points there. The problem for me with MGP is that he is a talent, he does seem like one of the good guys, he has a great attitude, he rarely misses games but for all that his overall contribution is frustratingly mediocre. I know some may be able to produce some stats or other that might suggest otherwise but the fact that a player of his ability has not earned a big move speaks volumes for me.

We are lead to believe that he is a very big earner so, if that's the case, it would probably be best for the club if he moved on. That having been said, in no way does he deserve the sort of stick he's had on here. Neither, for that matter, does David Dunn. The fact that both get that kind of ignorant abuse is a sign of the times I'm afraid.

+1

I'm in total agreement with you both. As I'm led to believe, there may be a contractual issue regarding bonuses after a number of games played, a la Nelson, Salgado etc. I won't be sorry to see him move on but will remember some of his past contributions and the way he has always conducted himself.

surely we don't all think these guys are walking without pay off?? If Nuno has done that then fair play but if thats the case then this thread will stop at 1 !!

He's prob received a sweetener but could simply be that he / his wife hate living here and his agent has found him somewhere nicer willing to pay an acceptable amount. I wouldn't bet against that cos to these Carlos Kickaball types used to the dolce vita this area must seem a right sh1thole. Could be even a career in media work is beckoning.

Just as an aside ....... I wonder what the villa is like that came as a sweetener in the deal for him? I guess we'll never know cos I can't see Steve inviting any of us off here over for a week orr two. Speaking of Orr.... I bet he's been. :closedeyes:

Dunn contributes about half the time while Pedersen never does. That's why I'd sooner be rid of Pedersen.

So let's see........ A seasoned pro who is available virtually every match v a seasoned pro who will only appear in 20% of matches and last 65 mins in most of them? I can see yoiu are a deep thinker about football matters Mike. :rolleyes:

Correct. The Ewood faithful are a breed of their own thats for sure.

• Backroom

So let's see........ A seasoned pro who is available virtually every match v a seasoned pro who will only appear in 20% of matches and last 65 mins in most of them? I can see yoiu are a deep thinker about football matters Mike. :rolleyes:

It's all well and good being on the pitch but that doesn't mean he does anything on it.

I agree with the posters above that he shouldn't receive abuse (nor should Dunn).

But you can actually see Dunn make a contribution in the few appearances he makes. He tries to drive the play forward and create openings for other players as well as himself.

With Pedersen, we get him jumping out the way of tackles, ducking under headers (which is stupid as he's a very good header of the ball - Old Trafford aside), hitting free kicks at the wall and corners hitting the first defender.

I appreciate all he's done for the club (and what he's done personally for my family) but I just don't feel he's of any use to us in midfield or on the wing considering who else we have and the wages he's on.

• Backroom

Pedersen often trains with other clubs or personal coaches in summer to keep fit

People think he isn't committed because he doesn't fly into tackles all over the shop but I'd guess he's one of our most committed players and seems an all round good egg, compare to the likes of Givet who people love due to his warrior image but when the chips are down sulks and doesn't want to be here

His wages are a problem but I would like him to still be here next season

Mike - that comment IMO is a bit daft, his set pieces aren't perfect but there's a solid reason he's been our main taker of them for years under various managers and its not because he has nice hair. People have always made him a scapegoat though and it will never change

Pedersen often trains with other clubs or personal coaches in summer to keep fit

People think he isn't committed because he doesn't fly into tackles all over the shop but I'd guess he's one of our most committed players and seems an all round good egg, compare to the likes of Givet who people love due to his warrior image but when the chips are down sulks and doesn't want to be here

His wages are a problem but I would like him to still be here next season

Mike - that comment IMO makes you look daft, his set pieces aren't perfect but there's a solid reason he's been our main taker of them for years under various managers and its not because he has nice hair. People have always made him a scapegoat though and it will never change

agree 100% I still can't work out how people view Givet as a warrior with his antics over the last few years maybe peds should grow a beard?

• Backroom

I am perhaps overstating things. I wouldn't be averse to him staying BUT I do think we have players more suited to this league than him and on lesser wages. For 40/50k a week we should be getting more from him than we do and I feel it'd be better for all parties if he did leave.

I'll assume managers see things I don't, ofc. But I can only go with what my eyes tell me (whether decieving or otherwise).

• Backroom

Train your eyes to watch the whole game not just the fancy stuff :P

Remember the game near the end of last season when Josh Morris was having a stinker? Pedersen came on at half time and covered him and helped him and he looked twice the player the second half

Givet has started preseason, wasn't his contract ending on monday so why is he doing fitness tests, or has he sign a new contract? confusing.

Pre-season is massively important for a footballer. I'd imagine the vast majority of footballers are currently taking part in it even if their departure from their club is imminent.

I doubt that. I'll bet every single club has a significant, vocal minority who target certain players or types of players.

Exactly.

There's also such a thing as legitimate criticism of players. Just because others share that view doesn't mean they are being made a scapegoat.

I am perhaps overstating things. I wouldn't be averse to him staying BUT I do think we have players more suited to this league than him and on lesser wages. For 40/50k a week we should be getting more from him than we do and I feel it'd be better for all parties if he did leave.

I'll assume managers see things I don't, ofc. But I can only go with what my eyes tell me (whether decieving or otherwise).

He's not on that kind of money though, thanks to relegation wage drop clauses. Still on more money than we should be paying anyone in the championship, but let's not exaggerate.

Should do everything we can to get rid of Murphy and Etuhu before we start trying to ship MGP out.

Archived