BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumoured takeover approach

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem will always be unwinding the unique way that they club has been funded via Venkys London via Bank of India via Balaji via Switzerland(?), there will be cross guarantees and a web of loans.

Far too many skeltons in the closet too for them to let anyone have a look back through the books.

The problem will always be unwinding the unique way that they club has been funded via Venkys London via Bank of India via Balaji via Switzerland(?), there will be cross guarantees and a web of loans.

Far too many skeltons in the closet too for them to let anyone have a look back through the books.

dont disagree but where does it end up? at somepoint you would imagine it has to happen.

Summer, in England? B)

They play from March to October I think, Wigan's pitch was always awful going in to the winter months after the Super League finished.

Nothing to do with Rugby, Whelan cut corners with the original pitch and didn't put in sufficient drainage. The lot was ripped up a couple of year back and replaced with the proper thing, no problems since.

I don't want to see rugby of any code played at Ewood and I would say there is very little interest in league or union in the area. East Lancashire is about football (and cricket) and I hope it stays that way. I don't like the look of this gentleman and I hope this story comes to nothing.

I don't want to see rugby of any code played at Ewood and I would say there is very little interest in league or union in the area. East Lancashire is about football (and cricket) and I hope it stays that way. I don't like the look of this gentleman and I hope this story comes to nothing.

+1

Anyhow, not really relevant, but well worth posting for the fantastic picture it contains. happy days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2354091/Martin-Samuel-column-Arsenal-make-marquee-signing--Gonzalo-Higuain-Wayne-Rooney-first.html

This guy seems another fly by night ducker and diver so it's best to avoid. At least Venkys appear to have the wealth :) or accesss to enough finance to keep pulling the club out the mire for now. Avoid people like this guy and Probiz like the plague, it's frying pan to fire stuff in my humble opinion.

• Backroom

I think if that were the case DE then surely the first port of call by Venkys would surely be to make contact with known suitors who have previously been ignored.

I personally believe that the rumour regarding an approach from Marwan Koukash is nonsense. Just my opinion of course.

It's possible they have been, quietly. Or they're trying to get the house in order first and remove all traces of wrongdoing before putting the feelers out for buyers.

On the other hand, if they just keep their mouths shut, keep Singh away from the club, hire a few decent board members and let Bowyer do what he needs to do I'll be happy to just pretend they don't exist.

i was thinking the same DE... if things just continue quietly like it has been lately, then heck i dont even care if Venkys are still around. Its once they start doing stupid things, and hiring stupid chancers to run the club, that you begin to wonder if its about to start again. lol

i was thinking the same DE... if things just continue quietly like it has been lately, then heck i dont even care if Venkys are still around. Its once they start doing stupid things, and hiring stupid chancers to run the club, that you begin to wonder if its about to start again. lol

You don't care ? Why? They have ruined us .

I won't forget or forgive what they have done VENKYSOUT

Guest Norbert

I'd still want them out if someone better was there with the clout to buy and run the club. But if they were to bring in proper people to run the club, kept Shebby quiet, and just do what seems to have been done during this window, even I would prefer that to a potential Syed Ali character buying the club and then being chsed by Interpol or whatever.

I don't think the Salford Reds owner is a good deal. Not sure he has the money, and the desire to lift the club into the Premier League long term.

I don't want to see rugby of any code played at Ewood and I would say there is very little interest in league or union in the area. East Lancashire is about football and I hope it stays that way.

Completely agree.

I'd still want them out if someone better was there with the clout to buy and run the club. But if they were to bring in proper people to run the club, kept Shebby quiet, and just do what seems to have been done during this window, even I would prefer that to a potential Syed Ali character buying the club and then being chsed by Interpol or whatever.

I don't think the Salford Reds owner is a good deal. Not sure he has the money, and the desire to lift the club into the Premier League long term.

Also lets remember the club wont be sold for 25m if we are in debt of 80m like some are saying, i can't imagine the guy in question would have half of that and then it has to be run, logically we are stuck with the venkys as at least they appear to have a few bob and securities with Indian banks. (alleged)

Good point but when Will the tipping point arrive as sooner or later the Brown stuff will hit the fan

Good point but when Will the tipping point arrive?

You don't care ? Why? They have ruined us .

I won't forget or forgive what they have done VENKYSOUT

let me rephrase that.. what i meant Abs was, that i wouldnt even care if they were the owners, if they didnt get involved in any of the day to day running of the club, if they just stayed away, and signed off whatever GB wants from them. If they can just keep their mouths shut, bring in proper people, then at some point we can get back to something worthwhile to talk about

No it's saying that unless the potential buyer has loads and loads of squeaky clean cash that they are prepared to slosh about as far as financial fair play allows we might as well stick with our own brand of idiots as we could still find ourselves worse off. Hard to imagine I know but there are worse owners out there. I could ignore the owners if other things were right about the club. would still hate them for what they have put us through and all totally unnecessarily, but I could ignore them if we were doing all right otherwise.

I've warned frequently since we have been torn from the Premier League nipple re:calls for venky's out .... be very careful what you wish for. There aren't any Jack Walkers out there.

I hated the sight of them v Villa 3 years ago but now it's a case of the Devil you know. Unfortunately!

Lets be honest, Thanks to Venkys, what is there to takeover. A football club losing money with an already increasing debt. With financial restrictions coming in, which even if a Jack Walker type person came along, would not be permitted to address the debt. Once due diligence started the interested buyer would run a mile.

You can support Darwen then! Or Venkys continue to service the debt, get rid of our high earners and continue to support a manager who has the labs best interests at heart. Everything coming out of the club recently is positive. What more can they do? They clearly can't sell the club in this state, promotion is probably the cheapest option!!

Do know that the Venkys have recently hired 2-3 firms involved in professional services (lawyers etc) - think it might have something to do with the FFP rules coming in (as someone else said).

Think they have undertaken a review of everything and starting to make decisions following this....

Do know that the Venkys have recently hired 2-3 firms involved in professional services (lawyers etc) - think it might have something to do with the FFP rules coming in (as someone else said).

Think they have undertaken a review of everything and starting to make decisions following this....

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Blackburn branch coming up then, with a flagship chicken outlet to boot

Archived