BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumoured takeover approach

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in June he said he was looking at a club which had once been "big" and now needed only some investment to take it to next level.

Also about bringing back people who had been connected with the club in its heydays

• Backroom

I will apologise if it happens , is this the same gadgy that is rumoured to be buying Oldham ?

Would you say luck or judgement?

Either way it couldn't be worse - could it?

Only have a passing interest in rugby league at best but aren't Salford city reds subject to a winding-up order? If so not a great advert I imagine if you can't bankroll a rugby league team then you wouldn't be able to cover our wage bill for a month.

I learnt my lesson of getting my hopes up about venkys being bought out when rumours of those phantom Qatari's lasted about a day.

Only have a passing interest in rugby league at best but aren't Salford city reds subject to a winding-up order? If so not a great advert I imagine if you can't bankroll a rugby league team then you wouldn't be able to cover our wage bill for a month.

I learnt my lesson of getting my hopes up about venkys being bought out when rumours of those phantom Qatari's lasted about a day.

Apparently he saved them from administration in January after the winding up order in October 2012.

He owns plenty of racehorses, and is becoming one of the more prominent owners around (Grey colours with gold stars for anyone who switches on channel 4 on a saturday afternoon).

Although he'll need to win a few Arc De Triomphes or Dubai World Cup races to be a driving force.

Like most others I would love for this to happen but won't get my hopes up. We've had plenty of false dawns since Venkys took over.

If this is genuine and the club is sold to Koukash I hope his comments about bringing back personell doesn't mean hiring a coaching trio of K**n, Berg and Appleton (all as manager for better effect!) - reinstating Agnew and making Anderson Galactic Advisor. Sigh....I've really become a pessimist on all matters Blackburn Rovers lately....

Guest Norbert

One more question would be is he the main source of funds, or a part of a group in this story?

I'll believe this when it happens, as Venky's have probably rebuffed previous attempts to buy the club. I'm thinking about the two Ians, and Shebby's unkind remarks about the Trust.

He's pumped cash in and saved Salford from extinction also got players signed on for next season according to rugby fans at work...... Quite a wealthy guy... But not getting my hopes up as expecting another Rao statement were in it for the long haul its our baby bullshit

You would think not...but ...who would I blame then for not buying a season ticket!( joke..)

Mr K was rumoured to be interested in Leeds a while back. Some of the phrases in the article you could make fit with us..except the bit about once being huge? ...The report sent me scurrying away to check the amount of his wealth....what have I become!

You might get lucky once, maybe twice but the number of things that have materialised correctly over the last 12 months is beyond luck.

Got rubbished yesterday about my comments about Luke Murphy's decision but what appears in the Yorkshire Post today - McDermott played a blinder and Murphy listened to staff at Crewe - think you heard that yesterday on this MB.

Have got tired of the personal stuff on here and the snide remarks.

Think that's it for me now.

He's pumped cash in and saved Salford from extinction also got players signed on for next season according to rugby fans at work...... Quite a wealthy guy... But not getting my hopes up as expecting another Rao statement were in it for the long haul its our baby bullshit

This is where we need the FA equivalent of police and social services to bash their door down and rescue the child from neglect ....ridicule ...ok I'll stop

"Once I get the football club I will definitely have my own TV channel which
will cover my three sports; racing, rugby and football."

Looks like the studio down at Ewood will be multi tasking

Cue one of the Rao brothers issuing a video/statement to say the club is their baby, they have no intention of selling, there are good times ahead, etc etc.

Can't get my hopes up about this kind of story anymore.

Please don't. Didn't they liken relegation to their Mother passing away?

Would love Venky's to clear off, but surely paying up Murphy's contract etc. shows that they're clearly not even thinking about it?

Archived