BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Looking Back

I discovered this site via the official Rovers forum (boards.rovers.co.uk?) in 2007, I believe. Did not look back after I found BRFCS.

As for former posters I miss; shilito/shilito15 is the one who stands out. Up there with Topman/DE in terms of humour and quality contributions to this board.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I discovered this site via the official Rovers forum (boards.rovers.co.uk?) in 2007, I believe. Did not look back after I found BRFCS.

As for former posters I miss; shilito/shilito15 is the one who stands out. Up there with Topman/DE in terms of humour and quality contributions to this board.

He's still around if you look hard enough

He's still around if you look hard enough

Should have read the entire thread before replying! Had no clue that shilito had returned in the form of Batman. Surprising news, considering Batman's an absolutely terrible poster (NAH BRO, JUST JOKING).

Obviously forgot rebelmswar as well, but he's thankfully back!

2007 Was when i became a member.

I think that was through googling for 'Blackburn Rovers fourm'.As much as he recived way too much stick,I did enjoy Nicko's posts before the 'Nickoteen' stuff started along with people who couldn't accept the impending transfer news that he might have heard at that particular time.

Guest Norbert

Absolutely nowt to do with the subject matter, but whenever I see this thread, I get that song that goes 'Looking back, over my shoulder..........' in my head. That's all I really wanted to say.

First and foremost a BIG thank you to ABBEY for starting this thread and Ricky for the "Has this community..."-thread. Seems to have had the desired effect already. Long may it continue!

Think I started reading this board in 2002 after being recommended it by a friend (Coffeeman I think his nick was) and registered in 2004. Good to see some of the "old" ones back. Hope you decide to stay!

1998 for me. Blame Gav and Ewood Spark, as it was them who told me about the site.

I presume we mentioned it 'under the influence' in a Lyon bar :)

I think I joined in the summer of '98 .... or was it '97 .... anyway Grooby was running the show back then. The most prolific posters at the time seemed to be 'dave birch' and someone called 'Cyclopes' .... I wonder what happened to him?

I was also a member of a Blackburn Rovers mailing list run by some college lecturer from the States ... it was like a sort of proto-Twitter operating at glacial speed!

Does anybody remember the original official site 'Park Life'? Long before Groobs sold his soul ;) and moved to the 'dark side'.

A couple of people have mentioned the old mailing list run out of Indiana. It's still going! It's pretty quiet on there these days, but what traffic there is tends to be of a pretty good quality.

I can dig out the details if anyone wants.

Absolutely nowt to do with the subject matter, but whenever I see this thread, I get that song that goes 'Looking back, over my shoulder..........' in my head. That's all I really wanted to say.

"I can see that look in your eye"

I presume we mentioned it 'under the influence' in a Lyon bar :)

I think I joined in the summer of '98 .... or was it '97 .... anyway Grooby was running the show back then. The most prolific posters at the time seemed to be 'dave birch' and someone called 'Cyclopes' .... I wonder what happened to him?

I was also a member of a Blackburn Rovers mailing list run by some college lecturer from the States ... it was like a sort of proto-Twitter operating at glacial speed!

Does anybody remember the original official site 'Park Life'? Long before Groobs sold his soul ;) and moved to the 'dark side'.

I'm still around (obviously) but cyclops is/was an expat pom living in Perth WA. Haven't heard from him in years.

The mailing list was run out of Indiana Uni and was great. The problem for me was the amount of emails I got, I couldn't keep up.

One of the very early posters on here was Spenny; alway good value, but alas, he chose to go on other paths.

We also had a good relationship with the Barnsley boys, and quite often would decamp from BRFCS to their website.

One otherguy that dosen't post much these days is pg from Melbourne.

And finally, the original Sydney Rovers! Where are you Vic? Remember the promotion party at the Orient, getting thrown out and all! Chris Roe dosen't post either, though not surfacing for three days and turning up in the Cross may have something to do with that.

Finally (pt 2) Bernard from Canberra got home from the promo party and as a result became a dad!

Guest Norbert

"I can see that look in your eye"

That's the song.

It was by someone like Mike and the Mechanics wasn't it? If not them, then someone similar. Not my favourite type of music, but better than what I have to listen to at work.

think I found this site during an idle spell at my old job. Good old google. Been a member for 10 years or so but am a lurker more than a contributor. Having said that, it's been a good read.

The MB dynamic has changed (it was bound to, nothing is forever) but I'm still reading.

I point the odd wolves fan who is tolerable this way (not many where I live lol) but not sure any ever join in. Got their own place probably.

I really enjoy this mb, it's not the same as it was and a fair few posters have gone (but hopefully not for good, no not you Vinjay) but nice to see Rebmswar and flopsy again. Always good posters iirc.

I don't know if applying a premium would improve this site, but i'd pay it. Need something to cheer me up in dreary wolverhampton....

Guest Norbert

He was like that bloke from Goodness Gracious Me who said everyone was Indian. The Walker Trust started World War 1, created the hole in the ozone layer etc.

Guest Norbert

That was it. He also banged on about how we should all have Man Utd as our big rivals because Burnley were too small and parochial. That makes me think of the children's book The Bad Tempered Ladybird. And wasn't there something about a 24 hour protest outside Ewood Park as well?

Haven't heard from BangkokRover since he made it his mission to get the Qataris on board either.

Guest Norbert

I bet all the hardcore Citeh fans are loving him as he has a breakdown each time they cock up in Europe, saying that they should think big and not sign Sinclair, Barry or players of that level.

Archived