BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Looking Back

Whilst everyone is being mushy and looking back over the sites posters ,history etc I will ask this looking back question..

HOW DID YOU FIND BRFCS AND WHEN ? ( Without looking at your joining profile)

I think I joined around 95ish after I saw it mentioned in a discarded 4-4-2 mag that my ex father in law borrowed off his mate at at work.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I honestly don't remember how I found the site. Chances are I just typed 'blackburn rovers forum' into a search engine and it was one of the results. Would have been around 2002/2003, though I don't think I signed up until 2004.

I remember getting banned because I dared to challenge Nicko.

I very much doubt that. You may have thought that was why, but I can all but guarantee it wasn't. We had lots of high profile users regularly challenge him. Nicko vs Scotty is up there with Jan vs Tris in the legendary debate stakes.

without checking i would say i became a member during Hughes's reign but only started posting regular prob during the Paul Ince era

I very much doubt that. You may have thought that was why, but I can all but guarantee it wasn't. We had lots of high profile users regularly challenge him. Nicko vs Scotty is up there with Jan vs Tris in the legendary debate stakes.

Tis true. I questioned Nicko on a particular story and got jumped by his legion of Nickoteens. The Powers That Be thought it better to remove me instead of the ones actually giving out the abuse.

2005, only have around 330 posts in almost 10years. Im more the type to sit back and read other's opinions and arguments lol. Since that time I've met Phillipl and another Maltese supporter my age here in Malta. Plus we found a couple of others our age from outside this site. I don't remember how I found the site, probably googling (if that was even a word in 2005) Blackburn Rovers.

• Backroom

I joined back in 09 under my previous alias simply because I wanted to chat to more rovers fans as all mine were ManYoo or L'pool fans.

I was banned for admittedly being a little turd as well as posting like Phil Thompson's nose. Was allowed to rejoin about this time last year after apologies and promises to behave.

Met Seggie and Modes near my old ST seats and Glenn (but not properly) who sat a couple rows behind.

A friend told me I had my own thread and was getting untold grief because of the LT columnI wrote so I came on then. Think it was 2002/2003.

Anti Euro Smiths Fan had a right go at the time, but he turned out alright. Whatever happened to him?

A friend told me I had my own thread and was getting untold grief because of the LT columnI wrote so I came on then. Think it was 2002/2003.

Anti Euro Smiths Fan had a right go at the time, but he turned out alright. Whatever happened to him?

Got fed up of the abuse and stopped posting.

It was either late 1999 or early 2000. Probably just found it on a search engine. Very different in those days, but so was the internet in general.

I miss the regular chatroom get togethers we used to have late evenings. I remember even jim mk1 occasionally popped in. Do these still happen on match days even?

Perhaps relaunching chatroom might a way to avoid a lot of clutter on the mb? Some of the 'conversations' on a thread would probably be better in an instant response arena.

I think he still reads occasionally, he picked up what he viewed was an unfair ban that I acknowledged (due to a software fault) was never properly conveyed to him. I've chatted with him numerous times (though not for a year or two) asking him to start posting again, but he was resolute in his stance. A real shame, I disagreed massively with his politics, but loved reading his posts.

I miss the regular chatroom get togethers we used to have late evenings. I remember even jim mk1 occasionally popped in. Do these still happen on match days even?

chatrooms are sooooooo 1990, but I do have a plan to bring in something that serves the same purpose this season.

Archived