BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

17 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Another grim stat Australia’s 9th and 10th wicket partnerships are averaging more in the series than England’s opening partnership.

We are just so far behind Australia on every front. So much for the ECB to think about on that. Do we have the right person in place to really get to grips and have the absolute determination to make the decisions that are going to take England to the top.

Seems to me major surgery is needed.

43 minutes ago, den said:

We are just so far behind Australia on every front. So much for the ECB to think about on that. Do we have the right person in place to really get to grips and have the absolute determination to make the decisions that are going to take England to the top.

Seems to me major surgery is needed.

This is the furthest behind Australia we’ve been in my lifetime. If we’re not careful we’ll be in the same position as our Rugby League team are were we haven’t won an ashes series for 40 years !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Nothing conclusive?

Bloody hell, you could drive a bus through that gap.

It was like football VAR, desperately searching.

Burns, correctly and obviously for anyone with any vision in either eye, given not out.

* Burns soon out but if England can't win from this position its a poor do

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

We have an opening bat who looks like a cross between a wannabe rock-star, a hobo and a bag-lady who has a stance that looks like he shits standing up.

It gets worse.

Beyond pathetic.

I'm watching on Fox Aus and have to say the Aus commentators are being as fair as possible to England and not taking the piss, which I would be in their shoes.

I'm pretty sure England were deliberately throwing their wickets away from Billings down. Scumbags.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

68-0 to 124 all out

Goodbye Silverwood, goodbye captain Root and it should be goodbye to the rest of the English cricket hierarchy

Clearout needed throughout the game

The game is too insular and is in dire need of reform. Bring in foreign coaches and organisers with some outsider perspective of the big changes that are needed

• Like 3

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

If they hadn’t let Nathan Lyon get 30 odd in the first dig, and let them get from 63/6 to 155 in the 2nd innings might have a chance of chasing this. That said even at 28/0 I’m not confident they’re able to get past 100 all out 

Nearly right. Hadn’t really changed my opinion of 100 all out at 60/0 but 56-9 off 22 overs is going some even by England’s low standards.

from what I read it appears that Root will remain as captain and get his wish that ECB takes Four day championship more serious. ECB' Tom Harrison says Test Cricket is more important than one day or twenty20 games. 

So where do we go now? I think its time we look to bring in people like Paul Farbrace, Angus Fraser Alec Stewart and Mike Atherton within the England cricket team in various roles I discussed in previous posts plus splitting the test head coach and one day/twenty20 head coach now. But I deffo wouldn't be bringing in Gary Kirsten or any overseas coach as some have suggested. 

I would be looking to replace Malan at 3 with Pope. Plus we need to find an opener to partner Crawley. 

Bowling wise, we have a good decent pace attack and Anderson is good as he always. 

Suggestions of Pope at 3 is utterly delusional. He's only in the team because of the lack of alternatives. That would end in the same way as Ali at 3 - failure. Crawley is no solution as an opener either unless he changes his technique and mindset. The cupboard is bare

English cricket is rotten to the core and needs a complete revamp. For that to happen it needs people from outside the closed English circle to come in and shake it up

Chaddy clutching at straws with that list of names. Thorpe was his big hope before but he's made no difference whatsoever, and neither would the likes of Stewart.   Atherton's a very highly paid journalist

The ECB's pledges on 4-day cricket will amount to little because the 100 and 20-20 are their cash cows and bring in the money which is their main concern

It's all so depressing yet was all so predictable. The biggest disappointment is the apparent lack of pride and fight. Their big fat contracts in the IPL etc are all this lot are bothered about

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I’ll not listen to root and Silverwood they annoy me in the same way Mowbray does but I wager they’ll say “we played well in parts, couldn’t string it together. Take the positives, learn lessons and move forward as a group”

Yes, to quote somebody - “ Blah, Blah, Blah. 

To quote somebody else “ If you put them all in a big sack and lashed it with a baseball bat you wouldn’t be punishing the innocent.”

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Suggestions of Pope at 3 is utterly delusional. He's only in the team because of the lack of alternatives. That would end in the same way as Ali at 3 - failure

English cricket is rotten to the core and needs a complete revamp. For that to happen it needs people from outside the closed English circle to come in and shake it up

Chaddy clutching at straws with that list of names. Thorpe was his big hope before but he's made no difference whatsoever, and neither would the likes of Stewart.   Atherton's a very highly paid journalist

The ECB's pledges on 4-day cricket will amount to little because the 100 and 20-20 are their cash cows and bring in the money which is their main concern

It's all so depressing yet was all so predictable

I agree Jim. It’s got like Rugby League. We just aren’t bringing through the players anymore.

Just saw this: “England made their highest ashes opening stand in 8 years and still bowled out for 124. It’s a sustained commitment to terrible batting.” Add that to 13-0 since 2011 if this doesn’t turn hollow words from the ECB to actions nothing will. 

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Jim's answer lets bring in overseas coaches again. Same as England football time did and went nowhere. We need people who understand the county game and can improve players like Duncan Fletcher and Andy Flower who knew the county game despite being from Zimbabwe. 

Thorpe was in the England coaching set up during Trevor Bayliss time in charge of England. didn't want him out then did you? 

Stewart is highly respect and knows the county game and the international game. 

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Crawley is no solution as an opener either unless he changes his technique

Did Cook or Strauss have the perfect technique but both have successful international careers didn't there? or Atherton and Stewart? 

anyway Jim, I have my view and you have yours. We won't agree as we very rare do but we have agree to disagree over this

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stewart is highly respect and knows the county game and the international game. 

To me he comes across as a company yes man only truly interested in the betterment of Surrey. Unwilling to either stick his head above the parapet or rock the establishment boat. If he gets near to the England set up it’ll be Surrey on tour paying lip service to his superiors.

What England need is a cricket Brian clough. Does one exist on these isles I haven’t seen one. 

Edited by matt83

16 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Just saw this: “England made their highest ashes opening stand in 8 years and still bowled out for 124. It’s a sustained commitment to terrible batting.” Add that to 13-0 since 2011 if this doesn’t turn hollow words from the ECB to actions nothing will. 

I’m voting for “ nothing will “.