BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Sadly Broad and Anderson can't help the awful technique of the batting line-up Matty.

The bowlers performed well, the fielders dropped the catches, batters can't bat, its going to be a long tour.

I’ve only seen highlights and obviously seen the scorecards, but there’s not much to give hope for the next game. At this point it’s looking very bleak. Next game is huge.

• Like 1

2nd Test starts tonight, 4am start for the early risers on BT, think I'll have a early night and get up to watch.

We bowled well in the first game, let down by poor fielding and awful batting, both issues have blighted the side for a while now. 

Looking forward to it.

First bit of luck for England, Pat Cummings ruled out due to contact with a positive COVID case.

Butler puts down Labuschagne, if you can’t take catches, you won’t win games. 

Edited by Gav

Our openers are as poor as I have seen. Burns action is just all wrong imo, it is exactly what they teach youngsters not to do. The way he brings his bat down screams “edge me!!!” 

Hameed just isn’t test standard. Plays some nice shots and can hang around but he’ll give his wicket away time and time again

We need a Root and Malan masterclass tomorrow. If they can knock 100 a piece it will give us some hope with Stokes, Pope and Butler to follow. Butler owes us. 

Ive woke up both mornings to watch that tripe. Don’t know why I bother. 

The Adelaide test has an 11 am BKK start time. Ideal, just a shame we are so dire in the top order batting.

When I start to feel sorry for a player because they are so useless, like I do for Burns, I know it's bad.

Mind you I said the same about BBD.......

If we lose Root early it's going to be a hard day tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The Adelaide test has an 11 am BKK start time. Ideal, just a shame we are so dire in the top order batting.

When I start to feel sorry for a player because they are so useless, like I do for Burns, I know it's bad.

Mind you I said the same about BBD.......

If we lose Root early it's going to be a hard day tomorrow.

It was inevitable from the start. The top-order batting has been poor for years. Silverwood is hopeless and Root is a weak captain. England were under-prepared and in the wrong frame of mind. Burns getting bowled 1st ball set the tone

I haven't watched one over live so far, and I don't expect to. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

It has to be a monumental effort by Root and Malan tomorrow to give us a glimmer of hope to salvage something from this match.There’s nothing wrong with the pitch, just our batters. Mentally, theAussies have us in their pocket and yet again, we have left out a key player(Wood) just because we “need to protect them” from burning them out. FFS, we need to win this match in order not to go down 2-0. Worry about Melbourne on Boxing Day when we could be all square. At the moment, the only thing I’m looking forward to at the MCG, is seeing my son’s Rovers flag down at the front of the ground. Come on England, get your finger out. 

The unknown woman pundit calling Sir Alastair ''Ally'' was a bit of a highlight.

I see the Pakistan v WI ODI series has just been cancelled. Their last T20 was a cracker.

Year round cricket from around the world has helped maintain some semblance of sanity for me, much more so than football.

With England I am resigned to an Ashes hiding and probably a 5-0 pasting. Until we have a top 3 who can score consistently and not usually chuck their wickets away it doesn't really matter who is Captain.

Basically I like Test cricket and watching good batting ...... which the Aussies provided in abundance.

Burns dismissal, what an uncomfortable looking stance he has, then squared up bang in front of stumps dangling an angled bat at a quickie. Exactly WTF does he expect to happen.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Part of me hopes this series ends in a total shambles. Not just a whitewash but multiple innings defeats the more embarrassing the more likely the ECB will have a total rethink of priorities. A 4-1 defeat does nothing they’ll cling on to the one win and the status quo will remain  

Pathetic Butler, a test he’ll want to forget I’m sure, just not good enough, poor technique and worked out by Australia.

This could be over today if Smith puts us back in under lights. 

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Go back to bed. Now. Please.😉

I have. Wake me up when the agony is over. 

According to the BBC website England’s performance director Mo Babat (who???) said England put in a lot of preparation for this trip 

That’s good to know. Congratulations Mr Bobat on a job well done 

• Like 1