BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I doubt that, although I do still think we'll lose, but at least we've had a good day for a change.

Yeah I watched about the last 2 hours and that partnership looked very comfortable. There were only a couple of hairy moments, one of which being the last ball.

However we know that once one gets out the rest will follow.

• Like 1

Woke up on time but went into a mega leg cramp, fecking agony, and by the time that passed and I rehydrated I missed the fall of Malan, Pope & Root.

Now no Aussie commentary and oddly enough I'm missing Warne 😲

I should have stayed asleep.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Usual stuff; muddled selections, poor spinner, collapses.

Hopefully Broad and Anderson in a more swing friendly day nighter at Adelaide gets us back in it, lose that and it could get very messy down there, again.

Sadly Broad and Anderson can't help the awful technique of the batting line-up Matty.

The bowlers performed well, the fielders dropped the catches, batters can't bat, its going to be a long tour.

• Like 2

Of course, they collapse at almost comically regular intervals, 1st innings or second innings from the mighty Ireland at Lord’s to pretty much everybody on the road… but Adelaide in recent years has seen both teams collapse due to the unique nature of the swinging ball the day nighter brings, England’s only hope is to come out on top of a low scorer, as I imagine they’ll wilt in the more traditional conditions at Melbourne and Sydney.

Edited by Mattyblue

Shambles is the word. 1 class batsman (who unfortunately is a truly atrocious captain) the rest are terrible, not playing the 2 best bowlers, whether it’s his head or injury stokes was useless with bat and ball, spinners who wouldn’t look out of place in the Lancs league.

It’s ok though, the ECB will do a “root and branch” review of the game after we lose 5 nil again. Which I think would be 14 of the last 15 tests in Oz we’ve lost.

The fact that the 100 is even a concept and then played in July and august rendering county cricket a spring and autumn sport will of course be ignored. Until they wake up and accept this pathological pursuit of McCricket is destroying test cricket nothing will change. For me the two simply cannot coexist and I fear I know which one will win out. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

Apparently 10 out of 22 innings this year been bowed out for less than 200. There’s been a few sub 150 scores as well. Definitely one game in Chennai done twice for 150 ish. Edgbaston v nz was a 100 all out job and at lords v India was another 100 ish. Plus obviously this one. 

42 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Shambles is the word. 1 class batsman (who unfortunately is a truly atrocious captain) the rest are terrible, not playing the 2 best bowlers, whether it’s his head or injury stokes was useless with bat and ball, spinners who wouldn’t look out of place in the Lancs league.

It’s ok though, the ECB will do a “root and branch” review of the game after we lose 5 nil again. Which I think would be 14 of the last 15 tests in Oz we’ve lost.

The fact that the 100 is even a concept and then played in July and august rendering county cricket a spring and autumn sport will of course be ignored. Until they wake up and accept this pathological pursuit of McCricket is destroying test cricket nothing will change. For me the two simply cannot coexist and I fear I know which one will win out. 

10/10

35 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Its cracking me up reading all the online comments about selecting livi. He’d be an unmitigated disaster in test cricket. A decent county average but probably doesn’t average above about 10 since he sold his soul.

I think the point people are making is he'd at least have a go, which is far better than the most of the blockers in the top order.

Go down fighting rather than blocking your way to 5 and getting out.....Parkinson and Mahmood should also be in the squad.