BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jos Buttler is simply not a wicket keeper batsman in test match cricket. Foakes is the better keeper so on the basis none of them will score consistent runs might as well play the best keeper. They just won’t let go of this theory of what Buttler ‘might’ do against all the evidence of what actually happens.

Vey few of these batsmen should be allowed to play again this series or ever but that only leaves root and Malan. When you look at who’s waiting in the wings. Chunky Jonny B like a coiled spring!!! Wouldn’t be a tour without him getting bowled through the gate and then looking totally bewildered about how it has happened again. Or hooking out for 30 for no reason after a blatant trap. It’s very very slim pickins at the moment. 

It’s like the era of England playing a midfield including Carlton Palmer and Andy sinton. They may have been absolutely shit but anyone coming in was even worse

Edited by matt83

Several years ago the ECB decided that white ball cricket/world cup should be the focus, they brought in Bayliss and we are probably the best side in the world at the moment. We now need a reset the other way, red ball cricket must take priority, Broad and Anderson are about to be put out to pasture and we need a new generation, but with the money involved in white ball, its going to be a struggle.

We are so far behind the Aussies here, we don't seem to have any fight in us, heads down, body language is awful when in the field, they're beaten before they start.

Not that we didn't see any of this coming.......

• Like 3

Was up as they went in for lunch. Everything was great. No wickets lost and the Aussie bowlers pretty tame according to the BBC.

Bloody hell, went back to bed, got up and they were all out. Couldn’t believe it. 

Today was the day England lost the ashes series.

Edited by den

12 minutes ago, den said:

Was up as they went in for lunch. Everything was great. No wickets lost and the Aussie bowlers pretty tame according to the BBC.

Bloody hell, went back to bed, got up and they were all out. Couldn’t believe it. 

Today was the day England lost the ashes series.

The ashes were lost before they got on the plane.

I’d love to see some fight from this England side. Clearly the game/series has gone but I’d like to see us make it difficult for the Australians even take them into the final session tomorrow or make them work for every wicket. Leave this innings thinking got out to mostly good balls rather than tossing our wickets away. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Jump before you're pushed springs to mind.....

You may well be right there Gav, but I’d like to think that he’s leaving because his good mates, who he’s worked alongside for many years, have gone. Maybe he doesn’t have the same rapport with the current set of commentators and, therefore, his heart isn’t quite in it anymore. Whatever the reason, he will be sorely missed by countless cricket followers around the world. Good luck Bumble in whatever you decide to do next.

• Like 2

Another toss lost when we really could have done with bowling first today in rainy overcast English like conditions. That said, it gives the batting lineup a chance to shine.

Game starts at midnight, come on England.

A lot of dismissals they just didn’t need to play at. Root, Stokes, Malan, Bairstow. Crawley got himself so square. Couldn’t get his bat down - he was either going caught behind or LBW. Then Buttler. Jesus wept. Last over before tea and charges down the wicket and chipped on up.

I really don’t get the point of Buttler. Last match 200 deliveries for 20. Just what is he trying to achieve. Lurches from hopeless to adequate behind the stumps and rarely delivers with the bat.

So many players currently getting a game that don’t deserve to play test cricket. 

Shocking batting once again, poor shots to get out, even Bairstow who played well for his 35 gave his wicket away and don't get me started on Butler, he needs dropping, to give his wicket away 1 ball before tea by trying to hit Lion into the stands is amateurish. 

Bowlers did ok, Wood passed the outside edge numerous times but didn't get the luck, but with shambolic batting you're not going to win games.

Rubbish and the Aussies retain the ashes with 2 games to go.......

Edited by Gav

It’s painful and humiliating to watch but if a total embarrassment leads the ECB doing a 180 on their priorities it might be the best result for England.

I won’t hold my breath. The last ashes series downunder was a disgrace and still ploughed on with the 16.4. 

Edited by matt83

I suppose the one takeaway is we've finally learned how to catch, Butler aside, he needs dropping and replacing with a proper wicket keeper, but the rest of them are holding on to chances finally. 

The bowling until put us in a decent position only for the weak batting unit to again let the side down in the face of some excellent stuff from Aussies it must be said. 

It will all be over tonight, Ashes retained and England back to the drawing board.