BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

are we talking coaching setup Gav or players into the test squad/starting line up? 

Coaching chaddy, someone like Baylis who was brought in to be win the World Cup, job done.

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

Coaching chaddy, someone like Baylis who was brought in to be win the World Cup, job done.

Like I said in previous post. 

I would bring in Paul Farbrace as Director of Cricket/England team director role. With Michael Atherton as Chief Selector role with Angus Fraser and Steve Rhodes as selectors/scouts. Then I would split the coaching duties into 2 job roles between a Test Head Coach and One day/twenty20 head coach. My choice would be Alec Stewart as Test Head Coach with Paul Collingwood the one day/twenty20 head coach. 

I would keep Joe Root as Test Captain but several changes to the test squad for the West Indies test series. Here is my squad for that series, 

Root(C), Stokes(VC), Crawley, Lees, Yates, Pope, Bairstow, Billings(WK), Foakes(WK), Broad, Robinson, Wood, Mahmood, Woakes, Anderson, Parkinson, Leach

here are 3 opening batters of which 2 of them, I would taking on the West Indies in James Bracey, Alex Lees and Rob Yates. With one of them starting the first test as opening partner with Zak Crawley. 

Ben Foakes would be my Wicketkeeper batsman at 7. 

I would take Sadiq Mahmood and Matt Parkinson aswell in my squad for that tour. 

• Like 2

Looking at it rationally, and looking at what the likes of NZ, Pakistan, South Africa get to play, should England still be playing 5 match Test series? Especially against India/Aus away from home due to the lack of competitiveness? Obviously they still will, as we are still one of only three money spinners in the Test game with those two…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need to change the rules. The Aussies only get one innings and we get two. The Aussies have to bat with their bats the other way up. We used to do that if there was a dispute wether somebody was out or not. The batsman had to face three balls using the bat handle to keep the ball out ! Anybody else do that ?

Oh aye Tyrone. Three bat handles to decide if you were out or not. Quite often shout that out now when there’s an appeal on TV. Nobody knows what I’m talking about.

Andrew Strauss tipped to become ECB Chairman by Trevor Bayliss and Michael Vaughan 

TREVOR BAYLISS: Andrew Strauss is the PERFECT man to save English cricket | Daily Mail Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-andrew-strauss-ecb-vaughan-25999219

Also Strauss will supposedly played a key part in the future of Root and Sliverwood future. 

Ashes: Andrew Strauss to play a key role in deciding Silverwood, Root's future (sify.com)

I would be massive in favour of Strauss becoming ECB Cricket Chairman and it would be interesting how he would change the cricketing structure and what changes he would make to the England cricket team including Giles role, Sliverwood role and Root being captain

Just looking at Lancs fixtures, a bit more red cricket in height of summer but not much more.

There’s some absolutely baffling scheduling even with their white ball baby. There are 3 midweek t20 games kicking off at 14:30 - vs derby at ot wed 1st June, vs Derbyshire at Blackpool on Thurs 23rd July and vs Worcestershire on Friday 1st July. It’s as if they don’t want fans to attend.

As well as Yorkshire t20 at skeletors lair being on a Wednesday. Added to that no fixtures at the traditional outground of aigburth yet two home games in the arse end of Cumbria (Yorkshire).

England play the 1st T20 in the Caribbean tonight, coverage starts at 8pm.

Makes up for the lack of Rovers today, which reminds me just how much I hated the Premiership for hardly ever playing at 3pm on a Saturday. 

• 2 weeks later...