BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I totally agree there that all is not lost. I am looking forward to today play and watching it on Sky Sports. 

We have to play smart cricket today and I still believe that England can win this game. 

We need the Old Jimmy Anderson back on song today  

It wasn't the old Jimmy Anderson just an old Jimmy Anderson. Very unthreatening with the ball and looking every bit his age in the field. 

• Like 1

We need a captain winning innings from Stokes like we got in world cup final and the ashes test match now.. Pope, Root and Brook got very unplayable balls and no fault to them. I think umpire got the Starc's catch decision right cos he the ball touch the ground. Simple decision and well done to the 3rd umpire here

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Four surely Chaddy? (Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Green?)

Edit: and Head is no mug either 

Don't rate Green or Head as bowlers. 

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

TBH I think it was in his hand long enough to be good but no problem with the umpire correcting his previous gross errors, just like football Refs do all the time

Maybe they deemed he wasn’t in control of his movement when the ball touched the ground?:

33.3 Making a catch

The act of making a catch shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Maybe they deemed he wasn’t in control of his movement when the ball touched the ground?:

33.3 Making a catch

The act of making a catch shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement.

I think that's what I heard on commentary but hadn't seen the above wording before.

He was falling over so fair enough to get called for that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

33.3 Making a catch

Exactly.

He wasn't in control of his body as the ball hit the ground was the ruling, I agree 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

It wasn't the old Jimmy Anderson just an old Jimmy Anderson. Very unthreatening with the ball and looking every bit his age in the field. 

I would agree with this. He’s been an absolute superstar for England but time has caught up with him at last.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I totally agree there that all is not lost. I am looking forward to today play and watching it on Sky Sports. 

We have to play smart cricket today and I still believe that England can win this game. 

We need the Old Jimmy Anderson back on song today  

There's optimism and pessimism but in-between there's realism.

7 hours ago, 47er said:

There's optimism and pessimism but in-between there's realism.

I bet thats what the Sheff Weds fans were saying before the playoff home game against Peterborough last season.

Its never over until it’s over 47er.

• Like 1

We will lose this one. 

And Anderson should retire. Brilliant on occasion but we need a younger, athletic fielder, and a really fast aggressive bowler. Surely there's someone in the county game who can do that. Wood is a bit injury prone and hit and miss, and Archer is sadly finished before he started. The next generation need to be in now.

• Like 1

Test match, Lancs T20, England u21 Euro QF and European darts .... Only way through this is to watch them all so the wife's phone is going to be requisitioned. She doesn't know it yet but that's her problem...

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Duckett gone for 83. My gut feeling is it'll be over by 4 o'clock. I can't see an epic finish like Stokes and Leach.

Now it's simple. Stokes and Bairstow must not gift there wicket away. If they stay in they will score sufficient, there is plenty of time. Either goes we are done.

I like and rate Duckett but for goodness sake leave the high bouncers well alone.

Edited by AllRoverAsia