BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

And 5 down, Livingstone

This outfit is officially beyond pathetic.

Come home tonight, do not waste money on hotel rooms.

Edit-took a while to add the tickle that time 🤔

Ali goes and so does Woakes to a somewhat dodgy starcly blurred catch

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I get that the some of the players are getting on a bit but how on earth have they gone downhill (as a team) so quickly?

I doubt anyone can say definitively because we still have a lot of top players but not necessarily world class players nowadays - as we did under Eoin Morgan. Morgan is the difference. We miss his leadership, his batting and his insight. We also don’t have the Hales or the Roys and a number of others around the squad that we used to have. The bowling is much weaker and Stokes not bowling is another big loss. Livingston isn’t good enough.

That doesn’t really explain why we’ve dropped off so badly, so quickly. I think it’s the end of an era.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, den said:

I doubt anyone can say definitively because we still have a lot of top players but not necessarily world class players nowadays - as we did under Eoin Morgan. Morgan is the difference. We miss his leadership, his batting and his insight. We also don’t have the Hales or the Roys and a number of others around the squad that we used to have. The bowling is much weaker and Stokes not bowling is another big loss. Livingston isn’t good enough.

That doesn’t really explain why we’ve dropped off so badly, so quickly. I think it’s the end of an era.

That’s a great summary.

I’m not sure they know how they want to play now -  as you say that comes from the captain (and the coach).

I just read that Livingstone (30) is the only player picked today whose under 33 - that doesn’t bode well for any ‘succession management’

We’ve just taken an early wicket - let’s hope all this moaning turns out to be premature 😁

• Like 1

Buttler can say what he likes but he should be relieved of his duties, as the saying goes. He's turned wine into water, made England a laughing stock. Few expected England to retain the trophy in India but this capitulation is embarrassing. Mott (whoever he is) can walk the plank too

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/oct/26/england-sri-lanka-cricket-world-cup-match-report

That article is brutal but for good reason. I hope we crash and burn if it kills the 100 and ideally livi’s England career too. I hate disliking a lancs player but I really find it hard to find any positives to him. Buttler I like, never expected him to play much for us, but a captain he is not.

• Like 2

I would suggest that what we have now is a large chunk of cricketers who have become individual freelancers who simply follow the money. They play for anyone anywhere to the highest bidder. 
I’ve been a member at LCCC for the last couple of seasons. Don’t get me wrong I’m thoroughly enjoying it. However it’s so very obvious that the only players playing county cricket nowadays are the young lads making their way in the game, or -and this might sound cruel - those that can’t get on the money go round. The fans realise it and just don’t turn up for county games. The players they want to see, those contracted to LCCC who should be representing their counties are anywhere but at those counties. Cricket started to follow football quite some time ago.

maybe some of these bigwigs have lost all sense of direction. Maybe they’ve got dizzy on that money go round. Or maybe they’ve just run out of time and can’t do it now. I don’t know what the answer is. There isn’t a quick answer though. 

• Like 4

Whilst the top 5 have failed to fire they are undoubtedly quality players. Of the other 7 though only Rashid is up to it. Livingstone is little more than a slogger who might make a big score 1 innings out of 10-15 on a flat wicket but he isn't going to make runs in the sub continent pitches and coming with not many on the board. Moeen's dismal today summed up my opinion on him as a cricketer, half hearted. Woakes was never going to be a factor in India. Willey wasn't good enough to be selected 4 years ago and I wouldn't say he is an improved cricketer since then. As for Wood in this World Cup he has bowled as you would probably expect someone to who has bowled just 12 overs in ODI cricket in the last 27 months.

From the last world cup the leadership of Morgan, the X Factor of Archer & ability to take wickets in the middle overs of Plunkett has not been replaced. But it is very hard to identify players for a role like Plunkett's when players you would be looking to bring in don't play 50 over cricket and the most amount of overs they are bowling in a white ball games is 4. It is almost as though downgrading your domestic 50 Over competition to a 2nd XI competition in order to play a format which no one else in the world plays wasn't a good idea. Who ever would have guessed that. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Livingstone reminds me of the sort of players we used to pick - Jack of all trades, master of none.

Apart from his 95 v NZ his form has been awful for ages.

His demeanor is that of a loser.

He should never have been brought back in v SL and his inclusion must have disillusioned our other batters. WTF was Buttler thinking to go along with that mistake, apart from being weak.

None of yesterday's team will be there in 2027 so start now on a rebuild with Buttler sacked as captain as a starter.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2023 at 12:50, den said:

I do feel that the squad we picked wasn't right for the world cup and we should have picked Dawson as second starter with Rashid. 

On 26/10/2023 at 16:46, jim mk2 said:

Buttler can say what he likes but he should be relieved of his duties, as the saying goes. He's turned wine into water, made England a laughing stock. Few expected England to retain the trophy in India but this capitulation is embarrassing. Mott (whoever he is) can walk the plank too

I thought India would win it before the world cup started down to conditions. 

I don't think England preparations for the world cup were right. We should have gone to India early and maybe even tried to play a series in India or sub continent 

Buttler isn't going to come out and say he should be relieved on his captaincy duty is he? I do think he should and we should build for the world cup in 2027 and appoint Crawley as Captain 

Mott has been in the job barely 18 months so maybe we need calm down with this sack talk cos you did the same with McCullum during the Ashes. 

As good fortune would have it I moved to the darts in time to see Noppert seal an unbelievable come back win over Price. He was 7-0 down in a first to 10 match and won 10-8.

Meanwhile all Shami had to do to get Stokes out was just one ball at the stumps.

Just maybe this will be Livingstone's time.

Buttler gone, looking like he's forgotten how to bat and desperate to know where his bottle has gone. This is a difficult watch but it's a choice.

Edited by AllRoverAsia