BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I just can’t go as far as saying I wanted Australia to win but I’m glad India lost (will lose). 2 thoroughly unpleasant sides with intolerable fans. Unfortunately one had to win but looking at it a glass half full one lost.

If compiled a cricket xi of prats it’s almost exclusively players from these 2 teams.

Australia won this at the toss today, completely different conditions batting second.

But all credit to them, at 43/3 it looked a difficult task but Travis Head was outstanding. 

Well done Australia, beating India, in India in a final, you deserve the trophy. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

Excellent. That will have upset Venkys far more than any Rovers defeat.

As I'm no longer a partisan England fan, I don't harbour the same grudge against Australia as many do.

That was a brilliant performance and I'm very pleased for Glenn Maxwell who, as I've recently stated on here, was great for Lancs and had a fantastic attitude.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Australia won this at the toss today, completely different conditions batting second.

But all credit to them, at 43/3 it looked a difficult task but Travis Head was outstanding. 

Well done Australia, beating India, in India in a final, you deserve the trophy. 

India would still have batted first had they won the toss.

Faultless performance from the Aussies. Formidable opponents. I felt they would win after that wonderful out-field catch from Travis Head early on. Can't remember a better one.

They really do perform on the big stage.

Good to see Indian nationalism get a pin-prick. After 10 wins in a row, the Indian supporters thought they had it in the bag.

Great party-poopers the Aussies. I wish England could be at their best when its needed.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Faultless performance from the Aussies. Formidable opponents. I felt they would win after that wonderful out-field catch from

Maxwell early on. Can't remember a better one.

Good to see Indian nationalism get a pin-prick. After 10 wins in a row, the Indian supporters thought they had it in the bag.

Great party-poopers the Aussies. I wish England could be at their best when its needed.

I think you mean the Head one (Maxwell was the bowler).

18 hours ago, 47er said:

Faultless performance from the Aussies. Formidable opponents. I felt they would win after that wonderful out-field catch from Travis Head early on. Can't remember a better one.

To be fair and just playing Devil's advocate for a moment. Yes, England could hardly have been any worse in this tournament but over the course of the last 4 years or so have pulled out some immense performances under pressure, in all formats. I think they had enough credit in the bank to fuck a tournament up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

To be fair and just playing Devil's advocate for a moment. Yes, England could hardly have been any worse in this tournament but over the course of the last 4 years or so have pulled out some immense performances under pressure, in all formats. I think they had enough credit in the bank to fuck a tournament up.

We haven't been able to what Australia have done over many years and be very strong in both red ball & white ball cricket at the same time. It always seems to be one or the other with England. What Australia and India have shown this tournament is that on the whole your best players are your best players regardless of format.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

Key in an article in the Times said England had suffered from "concentrating too much on Tests" in the recent years to the detriment of the 1-day game

To which the answer must be, why not both? Other countries seem to manage it and the ECB have far more resources than most other countries

It doesn't matter that England have done well in ODIs in recent years. England have let us down - badly

Just picking the bones out of next seasons Lancs fixtures. From the 4th of July to the 22nd of August there’ll be no county championship cricket whatsoever. No proper cricket at OT for over 3 months. The 50 overs is still reduced to a 2nd xi comp  

There’s also 3 t20 “double headers” with the women and 2 on a workday. So no doubt operation ‘we know no one turns up to watch women’s cricket without bolting it on to the men’s fixture so we’ll put the men on during the day so no so no sod can go’ will be in full swing.

Any more of those shenanigans and with everything else I think could well be my last year where I get a membership.

Also I see Graham onions has gone back to Durham. That will be a blow to the hierarchy as he was the easy “the answer may well lie within” boring jobs for the boys appointment.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1