BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Averaging 33 at 50 over cricket with England..that's batting at 6 or 7. 

A batting average doesn’t tell the full story Chaddy. In fact it rarely does, hence why many other metrics have been introduced in recent years. 
How many match winning performances can you recall him contributing?

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

A batting average doesn’t tell the full story Chaddy. In fact it rarely does, hence why many other metrics have been introduced in recent years. 
How many match winning performances can you recall him contributing?

I don't watch every 50 overs game so couldn't comment on winning performances. 

Who would have thought it - don’t play any 50 over cricket domestically and then fail to make a dint on a 50 over international competition. Powder puff bowling attack acknowledged.

In a way hope England lose this. They came into this woefully underprepared due to the domestic farce. Earlier the exit the better if it brings sense into the ECB thinking. Plus folk can start to see Buttler isn’t the superhero everyone thinks particularly as a captain.

Same goes for livi. I appreciate not playing but he’s got a tournament average of about 10. An average of less than 30 over the last couple of years and only as, ahem, “high” because of that one game vs New Zealand in the summer he was the only one who scored runs. Pimping himself out round the world playing baseball has made him a significantly worse player than before. Richer though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m not sure what the biggest ever winning margin is in an odi but this might be it the way it’s going. 

We’ve now passed that ignominy - still a pathetic performance though.

Edited to add - still on course for the biggest defeat in a World Cup…

Edited by wilsdenrover

All good things come to an end. A tired and old side this England team. Wiley, wood, Woakes, Malan, root all done. Livingston and Curran not good enough. Topley finished. 32, so won’t play next WC. Ali and Deirdre also pretty much done. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

We’ve managed not to drop to the bottom of the table (but only by 0.02 on NRR).

Things need to change, and I’d start by scrapping The Hundred.

I'd scrap the county game too. It's produced too much mediocrity, and is usually played in front of a few blazers. Perhaps a city based team that really tries to engage with local schools instead of relying on a few private schools is the way forward.

But the Hundred being binned is a start.

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'd scrap the county game too. It's produced too much mediocrity, and is usually played in front of a few blazers. Perhaps a city based team that really tries to engage with local schools instead of relying on a few private schools is the way forward.

Scrapping the county system would be a big call but I can see your logic.

Better engagement with local schools is an absolute must.

• Like 2

poor from England today and I still believe this squad isn't the right squad for India conditions including the weather conditions 

Today's team look unbalanced for me. We lacked an quality all rounder at 6 and I still think Buttler should open and set the tempo for the team. 

Thoughted Atkinson bowled well after going for 11 in his first over 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I agree but it more likely that it will be expanded

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/67174704

if we don't qualify for the semi finals, is it time to ODI reset and maybe appoint Crawley as ODI and T20 captain plus bring in players like Phil Salt, Will Jacks, Ben Duckett, Sam Hain, Jamie Smith, Rehan Ahmed, Brydon Carse, etc to come into the team over the next 4 year cycle before the next world cup

so the team will look like this 

Salt, Duckett, Crawley, Brook, Hain, Jacks, Curran, Ahmed, Carse, Potts, Atkinson, Topley

Smeed, Smith, Luke Wood, Hartley

Edited by chaddyrovers

From the BBC:

Test captain Ben Stokes remains committed to England long-term despite turning down a three-year contract, says managing director Rob Key.

Stokes, 32, has signed a one-year central contract extension instead.

Key said Stokes did so because he feels he can negotiate a better deal next year when a new cycle of broadcast rights starts.

Call me old fashioned but an England contract should be an honour and not a negotiation.

• Like 2

End of the day elite cricketers are now guns for hire. You can see it in how even ODIs are on their last legs as T20 has proliferated - which is fine by me as long as Test cricket survives. But in reality in 10 years time all we may see is just the big 3 playing marquee Test series with each other and a shed load of T20 franchise and ICC tournament cricket everywhere else.

Edited by Mattyblue