BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

40 minutes ago, Baz said:

We should have taken him anyway, theres no way he wouldnt have travelled if he was an Aussie. 

Maybe so..

Reading tonight that we should find out whether he will be charge or not this week

7 minutes ago, den said:

Stokes got what he deserved Chaddy. This can’t be defended.

https://youtu.be/RvXDg4IcYiw

Really?

Stokes was standing up for gay couple from Homophobic thugs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4784329/ben-stokes-praised-by-gay-couple-after-defending-them-from-homophobic-thugs/

Would you not step up or in to defend them? Or stand by and done nothing?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe so..

Reading tonight that we should find out whether he will be charge or not this week

Really?

Stokes was standing up for gay couple from Homophobic thugs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4784329/ben-stokes-praised-by-gay-couple-after-defending-them-from-homophobic-thugs/

Would you not step up or in to defend them? Or stand by and done nothing?

You have a strange sense of responsibility if you think thats acceptable for an international cricketer Chaddy. 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What about have a human responsibility for standing up for every person rights? 

Stokes did the right thing imo

Missed out on Ashes series, set back his career and his earnings, and probably going to end up in court.

.... I wonder if he still thinks he did the "right thing".

47 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Missed out on Ashes series, set back his career and his earnings, and probably going to end up in court.

.... I wonder if he still thinks he did the "right thing".

At least he had the balls and bottled to stand up for 2 man being attacked. How many of us would have step up and done the right thing?

Also.why are the police and CPS taking so long? Clearly not a clear cut case

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

At least he had the balls and bottled to stand up for 2 man being attacked. How many of us would have step up and done the right thing?

Also.why are the police and CPS taking so long? Clearly not a clear cut case

I understand what you're saying but I think some people would argue he used a greater amount of violence than was necessary. Easy for me to say, I wasn't there. I'd have tried to break it up without throwing punches left right and centre.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I understand what you're saying but I think some people would argue he used a greater amount of violence than was necessary. Easy for me to say, I wasn't there. I'd have tried to break it up without throwing punches left right and centre.

Understand that but I still Stokes was right to stand up but we dont know what was said between each people

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Understand that but I still Stokes was right to stand up but we dont know what was said between each people

There are ways of standing up for people without throwing punches and having a street brawl.

He's supposed to be a professional sportsman. His behaviour was inexcusable. He's an idiot. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasn’t right to get into a backstreet brawl Chaddy. You play for your country, you keep out of trouble. He knows that. Are you  really arguing that players in any sport can behave exactly as they like off the park? Surely you’re not. 

Edited by den

Jim and Den, sorry but Stokes did the right thing by standing up for the 2 people he did. Nobody know what was said as the cctv has no audio. 

If you want to not stand up for people and just left it alone just know its not what I would have done. Maybe not had throw as many punches. 

But still doesnt explain why its taken over 4 months to investigate the incident by police and CPS. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

so what would you have done then?

walk away or just stood by and watch?

Doesn’t matter what I would do Chaddy, I’m not an England cricketer.

dont you think you’re being a bit obtuse? You know he’s been left out of the ashes squad because he’s being investigated by the police. He was brawling in a backstreet and the ECB were correct in leaving him out of the squad. It’s his own fault. He knows he shouldn’t have got involved. 

5 hours ago, den said:

Doesn’t matter what I would do Chaddy, I’m not an England cricketer.

dont you think you’re being a bit obtuse? You know he’s been left out of the ashes squad because he’s being investigated by the police. He was brawling in a backstreet and the ECB were correct in leaving him out of the squad. It’s his own fault. He knows he shouldn’t have got involved. 

So Stokes should have stood there and done nothing.whilst 2 men were attacked. Glad to you would have done nothing to stop it. Him being.a cricketer should have nowt to do with it, he did what was Moral correct. 

And he should have gone on the Ashes tour imo

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I do wish the CPS would hurry the eff up though.

They aint rushing. 

Case not strong enough

He should've 'phoned the old bill and him and Hales could've restrained the pair of them. 

Using your fists when you don't need to is not in any way morally correct. It's thuggery. He represents his country at cricket, by indulging in this behaviour he brings the national team into disrepute. He's lost money now as his sponsor has deserted him, they didn't want their name tarnished with his behaviour. 

I think you've grossly distorted what den has said and then presented a logical fallacy - either agree with what stokes did approve or condone homophobia. Defending Stokes in this way does not put you in a good light. 

• Like 2

England Test squad

Joe Root
Moeen Ali 
James Anderson
Jonny Bairstow
Stuart Broad
Alastair Cook
Mason Crane
Ben Foakes
Liam Livingstone
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ben Stokes
Mark Stoneman
James Vince
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood

So Ball, Curran, Ballance out Livi, Wood, stokes in. 

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

England Test squad

Joe Root
Moeen Ali 
James Anderson
Jonny Bairstow
Stuart Broad
Alastair Cook
Mason Crane
Ben Foakes
Liam Livingstone
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ben Stokes
Mark Stoneman
James Vince
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood

I like Moen Ali but he's very lucky not to be dropped.

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

England Test squad

Joe Root
Moeen Ali 
James Anderson
Jonny Bairstow
Stuart Broad
Alastair Cook
Mason Crane
Ben Foakes
Liam Livingstone
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ben Stokes
Mark Stoneman
James Vince
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood

Harsh on Curran tbf. 

I hope Stokes is playing for us by then. 

I wonder if they play Foakes at 7, Bairstow at 5 with Malan moving to 3

Tho I would like Livingstone to play both test matches

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Harsh on Curran tbf. 

I hope Stokes is playing for us by then. 

I wonder if they play Foakes at 7, Bairstow at 5 with Malan moving to 3

Tho I would like Livingstone to play both test matches

Whilst I hope that Stokes will be available I doubt it. Sadly I can't see how he can avoid being charged along with at least the bottle carrier.

On 10/01/2018 at 05:48, broadsword said:

He should've 'phoned the old bill and him and Hales could've restrained the pair of them. 

Using your fists when you don't need to is not in any way morally correct. It's thuggery. He represents his country at cricket, by indulging in this behaviour he brings the national team into disrepute. He's lost money now as his sponsor has deserted him, they didn't want their name tarnished with his behaviour. 

I think you've grossly distorted what den has said and then presented a logical fallacy - either agree with what stokes did approve or condone homophobia. Defending Stokes in this way does not put you in a good light. 

Could have restrained the pair to await police?

I can see that working against bottle weilding retards.

Ben was obviously acting in self defence Case dismissed.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Whilst I hope that Stokes will be available I doubt it. Sadly I can't see how he can avoid being charged along with at least the bottle carrier.

Its been 5 months since the incident and why it has taken so long for the CPS and Police to decide. Its pathetic

• Like 1