BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Piggy and Warner step down for rest of the test match and piggy has been sacked from IPL team. The icc need to grow a pair and hand down big punishments for once. 

Cricket Australia should sack them if they have any sense or even morals. Lehmann needs sacking as he clearly knew as he used the walkie talkie to speak to the 12th man who then spoke to Bancroft. Rotten organisation. 

The hypocrisy and double standards of cricket Australia has wound me up decades. Kholi must have a wry smile as they got word from dressing room to use drs on him. So now they can get off their sanctimonious pedestal. Cheating and gamesmanship while slating anyone who does the same.

Smith and Warner particularly abuse everyone, the latter portrays himself as some hard man and moans like a little bitch as soon as anyone says anything to him. They get some back like in the tunnel in the last test and it’s like they are a bunch of angels who never say or do anything.

About time they were dragged off their high horse. Enjoying their demise!!!

Edited by matt83

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

I was also wondering why it’s been so poorly attended. So looked into it a bit and test cricket turn out is frightfully low in New Zealand. 3,500 turned up vs West Indies in Hamilton. That’s a tally of all days (day 1-1196, day 2-1186 day 3-686, day 4-394). Similar vs Pakistan. Similar vs South Africa. 

In the bigger picture I think test cricket is struggling globally outside of England. Our last series vs India away wasn’t full by any stretch and they’re cricket mad. Why? Who knows. For what it’s worth I believe people, particularly younger people, have shorter attention spans and can’t be bothered with the nuances of test cricket and would much rather go down the Big Mac meal road of t20 cricket. The instant gratification generation. 

Matt you are spot on about Test cricket around the world isn't well attended. 

Indian fans aren't mad about test cricket but one day/twenty20 cricket is their focus 

I love test cricket a lot more than one day or twenty20 cricket. It was Test Cricket that I grab my attention as a child and I've never bored of it. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Piggy and Warner step down for rest of the test match and piggy has been sacked from IPL team. The icc need to grow a pair and hand down big punishments for once. 

Cricket Australia should sack them if they have any sense or even morals. Lehmann needs sacking as he clearly knew as he used the walkie talkie to speak to the 12th man who then spoke to Bancroft. Rotten organisation. 

The hypocrisy and double standards of cricket Australia has wound me up decades. Kholi must have a wry smile as they got word from dressing room to use drs on him. So now they can get off their sanctimonious pedestal. Cheating and gamesmanship while slating anyone who does the same.

Smith and Warner particularly abuse everyone, the latter portrays himself as some hard man and moans like a little bitch as soon as anyone says anything to him. They get some back like in the tunnel in the last test and it’s like they are a bunch of angels who never say or do anything.

About time they were dragged off their high horse. Enjoying their demise!!!

Cricket Australia should sack Smith and Warner permanently as captain and Vice Captain and both should be suspend from cricket for 6 to 12 months international. Bancroft should be banned for 12 months for cheating. I agree that Lehmann should be sack. 

Also looking at the comments of Border, Katich, Clarke, Warne comments I think they will force Cricket Australia hand to sack those 2. 

Plus the Australia PM has commented about this issue and isn't very happy about this entire situation. 

This current Australia side isn't very popular in Australia there

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

They need to withdraw that ad quickly.

Also, what's a "Leged"? Leg end would be more appropriate after his cheating.

Why hasn't the ICC slapped an immediate ban on those two cheats ? 

Surely just Perth having a laugh. That Ad can't be real....can it?......it made me chuckle for sure

Smith was quick to finger the 'leadership group' and remove himself from sole responsibilty or explain why a rookie batsman was chosen to do the deed. Peer pressure on Bancroft I suspect.

I listened to Adam Gilchrist and he has never heard of such a group. Starc and Hazelwood say they knew nothing about it. What a can of worms is about to be opened. Should be a lot of fun to follow.

I do believe that the Australian cricket public are a decent bunch who are themselves tired of the antics of Smith, Warner and some others in that team.

I think Smith is in for one big shock.

Smith is the captain - he has admitted leading blatant cheating. The integrity of the game is at stake here and the 2 players have sullied the name of cricket. 

Smith should be sacked by the Australian cricket authorites and the ICC should give him a quick and meaningful ban. 

Smith is an absolute disgrace of a man.  He tries to spread the blame to his so called "leadership group" and avoid some of the flack.  Surely, as captain, he should take the rap and move on.  Looks like he's going to drag Warner down with him when it is the captain's responsibility and it must have been his call to cheat.

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

ICC give smith a one match ban. Presumably limited by what they can do with a level 2 offence. 

Over to cricket Australia to hand down a suitable punishment. Hopefully they will otherwise will get tarred with the same brush. 

One game ban? That's just pathetic. 

9 hours ago, matt83 said:

ICC give smith a one match ban. Presumably limited by what they can do with a level 2 offence. 

Over to cricket Australia to hand down a suitable punishment. Hopefully they will otherwise will get tarred with the same brush. 

I think the ICC rules can only give 1 game ban. 

But expect cricket Australia will give a longer ban and the public are demanding strong action for those involved. 

Who will be Australia captain after Smith and Warner wont be. Cant see Paine being it. Maybe Lyon or Shaun Marsh

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the ICC rules can only give 1 game ban. 

But expect cricket Australia will give a longer ban and the public are demanding strong action for those involved. 

Who will be Australia captain after Smith and Warner wont be. Cant see Paine being it. Maybe Lyon or Shaun Marsh

If the ICC deem deliberate ball tampering as a level 2 offence, then they need to re-draft their rules. If match fixing is a serious issue above the 4 designated levels of conduct, then systematic ball tampering in a manner to try to effect the outcome of a test, should be closely behind. 

• Like 2

There's footage of Bancroft putting sugar into his pockets during the Ashes now. Let's declare all the results null and void ;)
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/26/11/19/cricket-australia-cameron-bancroft-footage-sugar-ashes-series

None of this is surprising as Aussies have such a strong will to win at all costs someone is bound to cheat.

England need to change batting order and bring in Livingstone, Wood and Leach. 

I would drop Overton, Broad who looks like he will be injured, Ali. 

I thought we put up a strong fight against New Zealand and I felt the 2 turning points was Root and Stokes dismissals

India are sending a lot of their team over here for country cricket, great prep, much better than that pathetic knock about we had for this series. So thay are certainly coming here to win.

The England Test team seems to have had a bit of a cosy, jobs for the boys feel to it for sometime now. It needs a shake-up.

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

India are sending a lot of their team over here for country cricket, great prep, much better than that pathetic knock about we had for this series. So thay are certainly coming here to win.

The England Test team seems to have had a bit of a cosy, jobs for the boys feel to it for sometime now. It needs a shake-up.

Its time we played proper warm up games and not these stupid boring knock about games. We had this under Fletcher and now under Bayliss. 

Would like to see changes in the Test team With those ive mention before. Also time players like Joe Clarke, Bell Drummond, Jamie Overton were around the team

• Backroom
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought we put up a strong fight against New Zealand and I felt the 2 turning points was Root and Stokes dismissals

A strong fight?!

Are you for real?

We lost by an innings and 49 runs!!

Suppose you thought Browne put up a strong fight against Whyte in the boxing Sat night too.

Getting so bored of the loser mentality in this country. It's like some weird tropical disease that's spreading. 

The rugby and cricket teams have been nothing short of a disgrace recently.

And the money that's pumped into them and the backing they get,  should hang their heads in shame.

I'm sure it won't be but a few months till the football lads follow suit. 

Very pissed off with all of it. 

And I feel I've got every right to be.  

4 hours ago, Silas said:

A strong fight?!

Are you for real?

We lost by an innings and 49 runs!!

Suppose you thought Browne put up a strong fight against Whyte in the boxing Sat night too.

Getting so bored of the loser mentality in this country. It's like some weird tropical disease that's spreading. 

The rugby and cricket teams have been nothing short of a disgrace recently.

And the money that's pumped into them and the backing they get,  should hang their heads in shame.

I'm sure it won't be but a few months till the football lads follow suit. 

Very pissed off with all of it. 

And I feel I've got every right to be.  

Yes compare to the Ashes series. 

Thought Stokes, Stoneman, Root and Woakes did well but the 1st 3 should have gone on further. 

Boxing? The only boxing Ive ever watched is the Rocky movies. Dont watch any sort of boxing or ufc so dont know the 2 names you mention. Sorry

So Lehman stays, Warner, Smith and Bancroft go - decisions on bans later....

According to reports some of the Aussie team asked the management for Warner to be removed from the team hotel, after he was told.

Fanne de Viliers claims credit for asking the camera team to watch out for ball tampering - indicates he thinks this has been going on for at least this of, and thinks Lehman must know it's happening.

Edited by Baz

Smith and Warner have been banned for a year by Cricket Australia.

Bancroft was given a nine-month ban.

Smith and Bancroft have also been suspended from captaining Australia for the next two years.

Warner will not be considered for "any team leadership positions in the future".

Sandpaper was used.

Now why should any cricketer be carrying sandpaper during a match when a first time ever discussion on ball tampering just happens to crop up over a cup of tea during a break?

Stinks to high heaven.

Smith and Bancroft also come across as compulsive liars and Bancroft not the young innocent rookie being portrayed by some media.

Warners international career with Oz is finished but there's always the book and film trail to come.

Warner will not go quietly.....

Cricket Australia must reveal what grade of sandpaper was used.

Even 'Fine' may have caused structural damage when stuffed down Bancroft's undies.

Anything coarser and I fear for the lad......being Aussies I suspect they used Extra Coarse.........

th.jpeg

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1