BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

Agree with Abbey's points about the songs, didn't hear them myself, but don't doubt they happened.

So many chanting 4-4-2, and showing their lack of knowledge. Thing is, GB IMO doesn't know his best team without Rochina in it....

Def happened .

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been to the game I totally agree with you arbitro. Paul Dickov set his team up to play "in your face" football just like he used to when at Rovers. You don't have to be technically gifted to do that (just look at Robbie Savage!) but it is effective as it stops better players from dominating.

All teams should do that but they dont. The biggest challenge is to get really technically gifted players to play in your face stuff and if a manager can then you have Man Utd and Barca.

All teams should do that but they dont. The biggest challenge is to get really technically gifted players to play in your face stuff and if a manager can then you have Man Utd and Barca.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have too many that can do both.

I think Bowyer will have learned a lot more about the capabilities of his squad from this match than from Derby and Forest. Hopefully it's not too late for him and his coaches to sort things out.

Indeed. Still don't think we've got the right mindset for this division, we're still working on the principles that simply trying to play good football will win matches. Whatever happened to the philosophy of winning the physical battle first, then you can win the football battle. Might not apply in the PL but certainly applies in this division.

This rather flies in the face of my criticism of our transfer policy of signing industrial players this summer, but I don't think you need industrial players to get stuck in, its all about attitude. As you said Barcelona are superb at it, with a team full of midgets. We need good players, motivated by a good manager to do the ugly side of the game as well as the pretty side. Diouf and Pedersen under Allardyce being a perfect example.

It's simply called getting the best out of what you have.

Pity, Bowyer can't see this basic principle.

Dont think it matters how good a manger you can possibly be under this Venky cartel, one thing thats for certain is your guaranteed to fail how ever good whoever you are.

The day cant come soon enough for when these Indians and their associates leave the club.

Dont think it matters how good a manger you can possibly be under this Venky cartel, one thing thats for certain is your guaranteed to fail how ever good whoever you are.

The day cant come soon enough for when these Indians and their associates leave the club.

Minimum I expect is effort and passion .. None were evident last night.

Agree and I honestly think that it will be sooner than some supporters think.

A mid-table finish this season will be a decent outcome and one which I believe we are capable of achieving unless the owners panic and sack another manager without giving him the time needed to rebuild the club.

Wrong.

First of all, I don't believe we can finish mid-table.

Secondly, I don't believe Bowyer will last the season.

In any case, I don't believe he's good enough to steer us to safer waters.

You appear to have re-adjusted your ambitions for Rovers in a particularly fatalistic way, sadly.

Dont think it matters how good a manger you can possibly be under this Venky cartel, one thing thats for certain is your guaranteed to fail how ever good whoever you are.The day cant come soon enough for when these Indians and their associates leave the club.

Indirectly maybe Venkys are just making life so difficult for any manager but they are not out on the pitch on match days.

No excuse for so called talented footballers not doing the basics right. Err, "pass and move" I think I've forgotten what that looks like when it comes to Rovers. Hell, that is schoolboy stuff (as someone else has already mentioned).

It was crap , lethargic and rubbish. So you don't want venkys out then? It's not spoilt brats it's fans who care.

Far from awful ? Are you for real ? It was worst I've ever seen and I include k""n ges in that

Before you pop at our fans numbers , look at your fans first . Quietest fans I've seen , 10 singing.

It was crap , lethargic and rubbish. So you don't want venkys out then? It's not spoilt brats it's fans who care.

Far from awful ? Are you for real ? It was worst I've ever seen and I include k""n ges in that

Before you pop at our fans numbers , look at your fans first . Quietest fans I've seen , 10 singing.

Abbey, believe it or not the atmosphere created by our fans was the best for a long time, ever since we moved into the Keepmoat it has been shocking. We (like a lot of teams) are much better vocally away from home. Thought your fans were superb for the 1st half hour, understandably not so noisy after.

Hahahahahahaha leave it

Abbey - no deadlines, no promises.

Something has to give and soon.

There are still interested parties in buying Rovers and when the rupee finally drops with Venky's that they are not going to be able to turn this around then I think they will cut their losses and run.

I still think this will be sooner rather than later.

Abbey - no deadlines, no promises.

Something has to give and soon.

There are still interested parties in buying Rovers and when the rupee finally drops with Venky's that they are not going to be able to turn this around then I think they will cut their losses and run.

I still think this will be sooner rather than later.

Mercer I honestly don't believe you're right unfortunately, fifteen months ago yes but I doubt now.

Rovers has been a bit like a mug punter on a day at the races. You read the paper, Racing Post, consider birth dates, names and your mate's tips who reckons he knows what he's talking about and pick your horses. You do your dough on the first five races, scratch your head because you've lost the lot and then decide to lump on in the last race in an effort to chase your losses. In the meantime, after the second race you happened to bump into Ruby Walsh and JP McManus whose help and advise you chose to ignore much to your peril.

Unless you know differently, if our intrepid owners do decide to jump ship as you elude, I believe we will be royally fooked IMO.

Indeed. Still don't think we've got the right mindset for this division, we're still working on the principles that simply trying to play good football will win matches. Whatever happened to the philosophy of winning the physical battle first, then you can win the football battle. Might not apply in the PL but certainly applies in this division.

'Win the personal battle against your opposite number in the first 10mins' was the doctrine in my day. Doubtless it's all changed now and Majiball will put it down to eating the wrong kind of pasta. ^_^

Archived