BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it surprise anyone if he were still pulling the strings with he who can't be named? Anyway

Most worrying aspect out of the season so far for me is Rhodes. He single handedly kept us up last year. If Rhodes doesn't score then neither do we.

This year we look like we'd need Shearer in his pomp to even stand half a chance.

IMO Rhodes is both the problem and the solution. When not scoring our general play is drastically impacted by his inability to hold up the ball, or pace to outstrip teams - last season when he was scoring he kept us up feeding basically off scraps. Personally - if we can get out money back - I would sell him and bring in Billy Sharp for the season. it is a very difficult decision for GB.

Roverstdt, I completely agree. Sacking bowyer will solve nothing.

It would if they brought in someone experienced in dealing with owners, transfers, man management and team management but they wouldn't. They'd more likely bring in another novice.

Jesus, this place is the message board equivalent of bipolar syndrome.

One win and we're going up, couple of defeats and the world is collapsing.

Let's just see how the season pans out before we start getting carried away, one way or another.

Poor start, but we are three games in.

When did we win?

• Backroom

A few of us have been realistic from the outset. Most are changing their opinion from game to game at present.

I don't really want to see Bowyer sacked, but I don't think he can keep this team in the division either. Problem is, even if we do sack Bowyer we all know we'd only get in somebody on the same level or worse.

and they should have had a goal that was disallowed due to their striker touching the ball when he didn't need to, swings and roundabouts

At 2-0 - the timing of goals makes all the difference. We get penalty 1-1 - totally different match - minutes later they score a fluke goal 2-0 game over.

This team is worse than the 77-78 Rovers team.

We finished 5th that season. Can only dream of that now.

Bradshaw, Hird, Bailey, Metcalfe, Keeley, Faz, Wagstaffe, Svarc, Mitchell, Parkes, Brotherston

A mile better than now, just missing a forward as always.

Jesus, this place is the message board equivalent of bipolar syndrome.

One win and we're going up, couple of defeats and the world is collapsing.

Let's just see how the season pans out before we start getting carried away, one way or another.

Poor start, but we are three games in.

I don't usually agree with your posts but I think you're spot on there.

The only thing I would say is that GB appears to be getting a little bit negative with his team selections and tactics. We ought to have players who can worry teams at this level. Merely setting up to keep things solid and stop the other side from playing is an accident waiting to happen.

Bowyer after the game:

"First and foremost we are disappointed that we are going away from here empty handed," said Bowyer after the game. "It is not acceptable from us to accept the result.
''I thought we came and were dominant in possession but unfortunately we've gone in at half-time 1-0 down off the back of two refereeing or linesman's decisions.
"Their lad is offside for the first one when he heads it in the goal, we've seen that again. Then we have a goal disallowed against Chris Taylor when quite clearly, and it is clearly, that Jordan Rhodes is onside at the beginning.
"Then Jordan Rhodes goes around the goalkeeper and just misses in the first half.
"The way that we passed the ball around was pleasing and we continued in the second half in the same vein but we get done by what can only be described as a fluke so that is majorly disappointing.
"Everybody in there is desperate to win and unfortunately tonight we've not been able to do that. They are professional people in there and they are disappointed.
"The three games we have played we have lost two and it isn't through the opposition dominating us, it has been by flukes."

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/a-disappointing-night-996505.aspx#VzBwiKcqsaueFAWa.99

Bradshaw, Hird, Bailey, Metcalfe, Keeley, Faz, Wagstaffe, Svarc, Mitchell, Parkes, Brotherston

That brings back memories.

Wasn't Mitchell the former Fulham lad who didn't like his hair being ruffled !

Bowyer after the game:

"First and foremost we are disappointed that we are going away from here empty handed," said Bowyer after the game. "It is not acceptable from us to accept the result.
''I thought we came and were dominant in possession but unfortunately we've gone in at half-time 1-0 down off the back of two refereeing or linesman's decisions.
"Their lad is offside for the first one when he heads it in the goal, we've seen that again. Then we have a goal disallowed against Chris Taylor when quite clearly, and it is clearly, that Jordan Rhodes is onside at the beginning.
"Then Jordan Rhodes goes around the goalkeeper and just misses in the first half.
"The way that we passed the ball around was pleasing and we continued in the second half in the same vein but we get done by what can only be described as a fluke so that is majorly disappointing.
"Everybody in there is desperate to win and unfortunately tonight we've not been able to do that. They are professional people in there and they are disappointed.
"The three games we have played we have lost two and it isn't through the opposition dominating us, it has been by flukes."

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/a-disappointing-night-996505.aspx#VzBwiKcqsaueFAWa.99

The honesty has now gone.

Plot lost by a man under pressure.

Bloody hell first time I've been very worried by Bowyer in that interview. Must have heard the word 'fluke' about ten times. We know through history with that vile piece of scum Kean that there's nothing worse than trying to pull the wool over fans eyes. Please wake up Gary and stop blaming everyone but the team and yourself.

We're not utterly embarrassing due to 'flukes'.

Roverstdt, I completely agree. Sacking bowyer will solve nothing.

Look at how many players we've got. That is because we've had god knows how many managers. What happens if we sack bowyer, get a new manager in they decide they don't like blthe players bowyer has bought in. The new manager will bring in his own players, we'll have to pay off more players and the cycle continues.

GB didn't start great when he started his second stint in charge last season. He turned it around tho. Confident he'll do the same again given time.

we need stability before the club can move forwards.

We need stability but with the right man in charge. All Venkys have done since sacking Allardyce is replace bad/rookie managers with bad/rookie managers. If we got a proven top drawer manager for this division in, then we'd undoubtedly improve. Which is exactly what we should have done when Kean was sacked last season. The problem now is we've got a worse side and no money, making us a much less attractive prospect. Plus it doesn't seem like there are as many really good managers available at the moment, we had an embarrassment of riches when Kean was sacked but Holloway, Davies and McCarthy have been snapped up since then. I was ridiculed for suggesting him last season but I would honestly be chuffed if we got Gary Megson in.

Apologies, 78-79. and that team was miles better than this one.

Bowyer after the game:

keano bullshit, excuses, excuses, excuses, go back to the academy

Three games in and already the likeable man known as Gary Bowyer has hate thrown towards him by members of this forum.

We often lament Venky's on their trigger happy management of this club but a lot of you are much the same.

In fact there's very few people on here with the sensibility of John Williams and most are closer towards Venky's than they'd like to admit.

I'm not saying Bowyer is the man for the job or that results are acceptable but the simple fact is the club has had an overhaul over the summer.

Our entire midfield has been changed from the one that played last year and people are expecting us to hit the ground running?

New players need to get to know eachother and gel together before everything goes perfect and three games is not enough for that.

I think people on here need to be more patient and if after the 10th game things haven't improved then the calls for Bowyer's head will be fair, but try and be respectful and remember what he did for us last season.

Archived