BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14/1 I got. Should have been 1/10.

Still waiting for the slum dog scum to make a good decision.

Money laundering, fraud, asset-stripping

are all words.

Match Fixing.

Are 2 more words

0 shots on target v Doncaster? Pune bookies may be crying into their popdoms.

If dann wants to go then get rid of the useless crap

And then what? That's exactly what's got us in this situation. However unpalatable it may seem, you don't get rid of your top players because of their attitude. You get a manager in who can get the best out of them, you sign players on their level to convince them they're not wasting their time, and you start winning matches to keep them happy. That's exactly what Wigan and QPR will be aiming to do this season.

Since the end of last summer we've been happy to sell, release or bench our good players because they weren't doing what we wanted them to. And the shower of **** that we have playing for us now is the result. Imagine if that team tonight was Robinson, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Goodwillie, Dunn, Pedersen, Murphy, Olsson, Rhodes. But was managed by say Billy Davies or Ian Holloway when we had the chance to get them in. We'd have battered them.

We've had 1 and a bit seasons of third-rate managers and fifth-rate owners winding up and peeing-off first/second rate players. And so we've given up and flogged those players, always replacing them with worse.

Bowyer will be wishing he had not taken the job tonight.

Had a nice cushy number, real pressure now on him, not just from fans, media will be at it when

we're in bottom 3 tomorrow.

Loss to 4th division team in cup keeps being mentioned too, that was down to his poor substitutions.

And then what? That's exactly what's got us in this situation. However unpalatable it may seem, you don't get rid of your top players because of their attitude. You get a manager in who can get the best out of them, you sign players on their level to convince them they're not wasting their time, and you start winning matches to keep them happy. That's exactly what Wigan and QPR will be aiming to do this season.

Since the end of last summer we've been happy to sell, release or bench our good players because they weren't doing what we wanted them to. And the shower of **** that we have playing for us now is the result. Imagine if that team tonight was Robinson, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Goodwillie, Dunn, Pedersen, Murphy, Olsson, Rhodes. But was managed by say Billy Davies or Ian Holloway when we had the chance to get them in. We'd have battered them.

We've had 1 and a bit seasons of third-rate managers and fifth-rate owners winding up and peeing-off first/second rate players. And so we've given up and flogged those players, always replacing them with worse.

I agree with most of that but one thing..Dann is not and will never be one of our best players most goals conceded are down to him

Murphy , Dann and Goodwillie are 3 of the worst players I have seen in a blue n white shirt !

And I can remember the early 70s

Bob on, except for Orr!

bowyer needs to be potted and a PROVEN manager brought in asap whilst there is time to turn thing around

This is the thing we keep having to sack managers who should NEVER have been appointed. Under venkys kean, berg, Appleton bowyer shouldn't have been given the chance to manage us but now we are the poison chalice and have to accept any waif and stray that wants a crack at manager.

Although I was sceptical of him and didn't want him think we have to stick by him just to gain credibility in other more competent eyes that if they took the job wouldn't be sacked within a month.

• Moderation Lead

Ah wel move onto to the the next one ROVERS TILL I DIE!!!!

I'm usually an optimistic person, but I just can't muster anything after witnessing that first hand.

Utter horse dung. There is no positive spin to be put on no shots on target away from home at Doncaster. Going down, and fast unless something changes dramatically. Which it won't, other than the manager, which is just p1ssing in the wind at this point.

Judging by that performance, we need to get Givet happy again and tell Dann to sling his hook. Taylor and Lowe also need to up their game or find a nice cushion each so their asses down get too numb sitting on the bench. Luckily we still have 2 weeks of transfer window left to try and rectify the glaring holes in the team

Judging by that performance, we need to get Givet happy again and tell Dann to sling his hook. Taylor and Lowe also need to up their game or find a nice cushion each so their asses down get too numb sitting on the bench. Luckily we still have 2 weeks of transfer window left to try and rectify the glaring holes in the team

But we aint got a pot to p1ss in !

• Backroom

Our £0 transfer budget will ensure that's rectified, for sure.

Have to say this is a very, very poor result. Knew it would be tough, but to be outplayed is totally unacceptable. Hardly suprising however.

1 point from 9, out of the cup, injuries and a seriously poor start to the season with few positives in any area.

The only thing I like about the Rovers nowadays are my memories.

When the first goal went in, I was thinking we should get shut of Dann and give Givet a pay rise, get him fit and make captain.

why do we have to stick by him? what if things don't get any better? Blackburn rovers are more important than one man

Agreed. But the only reason I'd stick with him is to gain credibility among better managers that they won't get sacked and have a fair shot. Don't want a scenario whereby someone decent would turn us down on the basis they'd think would only last a few games.

As fans we're between a rock and a hard place in between rubbish owners and rubbish playing/managerial personnel.

For what its worth if do give him time I think he'll take us down so on that basis roll on our next lame duck.

Archived