BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

Marrow didn't play and we looked Tue most open we have in the previous two league games. Coincidence?

Feel marrow does a lot of unnoticed work off the ball. Lowe doesn't offer enough defensively or going forward for my liking. Evans and cairney have to be the CM pair.

Heard Evans looked busy when he came on.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I am concerned we are NOT where we are

We are where VENKYS have put us , nothing to do with Lancashire Mill town and small population ...

They have no interest in running the club properly and never had ...

It is time they slung their respective hooks !

Until that happens , we will nosedive through the leagues and I mean leagues !

VENKYS OUT !

I am still iterally in shock at how disinterested and disorganised we looked last night. I cannot claim that any player did alright cos in my opinion we was all shocking and it wasnt good enough.

Us supporters work all week graft our asses off and spend our hard earned money following and supporting the team we love and what did we get back in return absolutely nothing.

I was fuming last night and still feel sick this morning after that.

God help these players if we lose our next away game ...............

RTID !!

Disagree about us going back to the times of balancing the books while trying to put a reasonable side out. In those years we'd at least try to get the best possible manager in for the best of the club.

These days it seems the manager isn't picked on merit as seen with the Holloway fiasco. We're the only club in the land that would spend £8m on a striker then employ three rookies to manage him.

Also Venky's have set the promotion target. You're entitled to be disappointed if you're offered a beer and end up with water.

Booth I'm glad you bought this up because it reflects the mess our owners have got us into they promise the earth yet deliver very little by offering the cheap season ticket if we make it to the premiership they have made a rod for their own back and this has heaped unecessary pressure on GB but last night's interview after the game he has not done himself any favours however on rovers player after the game he did say we need to improve in both boxes what worries me is he has yet to highlight our defensive weaknesses.

Agree and I honestly think that it will be sooner than some supporters think.

Abbey - no deadlines, no promises.

Something has to give and soon.

There are still interested parties in buying Rovers and when the rupee finally drops with Venky's that they are not going to be able to turn this around then I think they will cut their losses and run.

I still think this will be sooner rather than later.

Merce what's the latest from your Bookie? don't tell me the sun is yellow, the grass is green & England will win the world cup :P

Headed goal conceded again whats wrong with our centre backs that we concede so many headed goals also the goal keeper needs to up his game we should have kept the Polish keeper.

Completely agree we should have kept hold of Sandomierski would have caught that ball for that 2nd goal shocking from Kean.

Wrong.

First of all, I don't believe we can finish mid-table.

Secondly, I don't believe Bowyer will last the season.

In any case, I don't believe he's good enough to steer us to safer waters.

You appear to have re-adjusted your ambitions for Rovers in a particularly fatalistic way, sadly.

Simply a case of reality. The squad isn't good enough for promotion, the money isn't there to strengthen. Seen it all before and the signs are there for all to see that the Rovers are in a fallow period of their history. After relegation in 66 we pottered about in the Second and Third Divisions for a quarter of a century until Jack took a hand. How long this exile from the top flight will be is anybody's guess but Cardiff are just about to embark on top flight football for the first time since 1962. Having ambitions and realising them are two entirely different things.

Simply a case of reality. The squad isn't good enough for promotion, the money isn't there to strengthen. Seen it all before and the signs are there for all to see that the Rovers are in a fallow period of their history. After relegation in 66 we pottered about in the Second and Third Divisions for a quarter of a century until Jack took a hand. How long this exile from the top flight will be is anybody's guess but Cardiff are just about to embark on top flight football for the first time since 1962. Having ambitions and realising them are two entirely different things.

The above is perfectly true but in the period between 66 - 91 we had owners and a board who actually cared !

We are now owned by people who do not give a FLYING !

I am a Doncaster Rovers fan exiled in London due to work. I often find myself listening into games (as I did last night) through Doncaster Rovers Player. I also like to look on opposition message boards just before/during the game as it's nice to get a different perspective and find out a bit about the opposition players. I very rarely join other boards. I think I have done once before but can't remember now who. I've done so today because of the negetivity on here about losing to Doncaster. I realise people are upset. To be honest I would have taken a draw pre match had one been offered as you've got to hope to get something at home. One of the earlier posters went through your team one by one compare it to Doncasters team last night and tell me why you should have won.

Doncaster

Ross Turnbull Ex Chelsea number 2 keeper didn't play many games but still has a Champions league medal to show for his spell

Reece Wabara Man City loanee

Bongani Khumalu South Africa captain scored in World cup vs France

Rob Jones Great leader experienced at this level man mountain

James Husband young Doncaster lad emerged through our youth set up is apparently being watched by premiership teams

David Cotteril Wales international most assists in league 1 last season

Richie Wellens 2nd spell at Rovers. Ex Man U academy. Last time he was with us In my opinion he was the best player outside of the premiership. I can only assume that it was his age that prevented a prem team taking a punt. Instead he went to Leicester for 1.2 Million. Only time will tell if he can get back to that form but on his day he is a fantastic player the best I have ever seen in central midfield for Doncaster Rovers. Tons of experience at championship level

Paul Keegan Inexperienced compared to most of the rest of the team but was league of Ireland player of the year when we signed him. Combative.

James Coppinger Loads of Championship experience can destroy a team single handed on his day which to be fair isn't as often as it could be or he'd be in the prem

Chris Brown Can hold the ball up well. To be honest doesn't score enough

Theo Robinson new signing championship experience at Derby. Jamaica international

Not exactly a poor inexperienced push over team although I will admit we don't have a great deal of strength in depth beyond this. Anyway I wish you well. If it makes you feel any better we won't be going down this year as long as we avoid too many injuries. I'd expect us to finish no lower than 14th this season.Don't judge your team against the expectation that we will go down. Anyway good luck for the season ahead just not against us. :)

Well, another disappointing performance.

The way we play is solely down to Bowyer. It's far too defensive and too many players stay behind the ball.

We seem to have a team full of players who want to 'pass the buck' all the time and take the easy option of a sideways or backwards pass. This is either through a lack of confidence or something instilled by the management.

I'm not having it that the players aren't good enough to be able to play in a more positive manner.

If you want to know how good Rovers really are, Carlisle who beat us in the cup, are 2-0 down at home to Coventry. That is the current level achievable of this current team.

I wasn't there last night. Bowyer got it wrong, the defending was comical. Still, we persevere with a lack of a quality central midfielder.

Shocking awful

Well, another disappointing performance.

The way we play is solely down to Bowyer. It's far too defensive and too many players stay behind the ball.

We seem to have a team full of players who want to 'pass the buck' all the time and take the easy option of a sideways or backwards pass. This is either through a lack of confidence or something instilled by the management.

I'm not having it that the players aren't good enough to be able to play in a more positive manner.

Very good post. I agree with that completely. We need to start giving the opposition something to think about as opposed to setting up simply to try and (unsuccessfully) stop them.

Get off Bowyer's back. @#/? me, we're 3 games in...

If anything blame the players for their lack of effort.

I was there last night and granted the performance was abysmal, Doncaster dominated us and we were disinterested and disjointed.

But after the managerial merry-go-round we finally have a manager who appears to have the best interests of the Club a heart, we need to give him more time for Christ sake. At Derby we were the better side, at Carlisle it was Rovers Reserves and with Forest we were unlucky. With time this can be turned around.

Marrow didn't play and we looked Tue most open we have in the previous two league games. Coincidence?

Feel marrow does a lot of unnoticed work off the ball. Lowe doesn't offer enough defensively or going forward for my liking. Evans and cairney have to be the CM pair.

Heard Evans looked busy when he came on.

Thought Evans looked quite good when he came on. Very busy player wanting to make things happen. Tried a couple of shots where perhaps a pass would have been the better option. Definitely an improvement on what we have in midfield.

With Evan Cairney and Williamson (when fit) we should have more than enough in CM.

Personally I would put Lowe to full back as Kane is looking shaky defensively.

King did OK when he came on and certainly better than Taylor.

Get off Bowyer's back. Kean me, we're 3 games in...

If anything blame the players for their lack of effort.

I was there last night and granted the performance was abysmal, Doncaster dominated us and we were disinterested and disjointed.

But after the managerial merry-go-round we finally have a manager who appears to have the best interests of the Club a heart, we need to give him more time for Christ sake. At Derby we were the better side, at Carlisle it was Rovers Reserves and with Forest we were unlucky. With time this can be turned around.

Don't think there's much wrong with the effort and I don't think they were disinterested.

Exactly!! And wigan are losing to the mighty bournmouth!!

Hope this makes u all feel better!!!

No.

Everyone else is crap so it's OK for us to be crap. Is that what you're saying?

That Boywer quote worries me.

Untruths and arrogance - Forest, for example didn't beat us by fluke. They beat us by being average against a poor side.

I appreciate that he needs to say certain things for the owners' benefit, but that reads horribly.

Sounds like a man under (unnecessary) pressure.

Agree. And we did not dominate or play well yesterday. Sounding very keanesque and not what I want to hear after a hard journey and sitting through that dross. Insult to the fans who went.

Exactly!! And wigan are losing to the mighty bournmouth!!

Hope this makes u all feel better!!!

Ex static !! Just done the conga naked around the garden !

Don't think there's much wrong with the effort and I don't think they were disinterested.

No.

Everyone else is crap so it's OK for us to be crap. Is that what you're saying?

There was no effort whatsoever last night .

Yes den, it is time for fans to get real. On the night Donny were the better team, particularly in the key areas of attack and defence. We are an average Championship team that is struggling to balance the books and that is reflected by the quality on the pitch. How much has Gary been able to spend this summer? We are now shopping in the same bargain basement as the likes of Donny so there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to turn us over. Of course we should never have been allowed to get into this state but the simple fact is this is where we now are. We are an average, run of the mill Championship club who will get turned over by clubs who, just a few years ago, we wouldn't have even dreamed of playing ever again. Whilst fans may find that difficult to grasp it is the reality of the situation. Gary is having to rebuild on a shoestring budget and it is going to take time and I have no doubt that we will suffer many more disappointing results along the way but I have every confidence that, given time, he will bring stability even if it is as a mid-table side.

No problem with the lack of quality these days but the lack of fight, the lack of imagination and the lack of changing tactics that are blatantly not working grates me. The lack of basics: like marking and pass and move and putting in a shift - nothing to do with quality there, more bad attitude and a lack of professionalism that. All of that and the pathetic"fluke" excuses for loosing are the things that hurt. I'm well aware what a mess venkys have left us in. But that doesn't excuse the lack of professionalism and effort that we saw at Doncaster.

Booth I'm glad you bought this up because it reflects the mess our owners have got us into they promise the earth yet deliver very little by offering the cheap season ticket if we make it to the premiership they have made a rod for their own back and this has heaped unecessary pressure on GB

C'mon..... Who on earth ever considered seriously that Prem ST offer?

btw more relevent to find out if st's double in price should we be relegated?

what got me was that GB did not state why we lost the game. you can only fix things if you know what is wrong, we were out played and out fought it was nothing to do with luck or the ref.

what got me was that GB did not state why we lost the game. you can only fix things if you know what is wrong, we were out played and out fought it was nothing to do with luck or the ref.

If GB is barking on about defensive midfielders in this crap league then the Rovers mangers job is simply not for him.

Archived