BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Going up

Well Windy, if we play like we did tonight, and on Saturday (apparently. I didn't go), then we've a chance. In fact I'll go as far as saying we'll be feared.

Solid midfield, solid defence. King is a complete menace. Rhodes just scores goals. Dunn, Rochina and DJ to come back? Best looks interested as well... Sign Crainey in Jan.

Bring em all on. If that lot who are top of the league tonight played us tonight we'd tear em a new one. It's on.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Windy, if we play like we did tonight, and on Saturday (apparently. I didn't go), then we've a chance. In fact I'll go as far as saying we'll be feared.

Solid midfield, solid defence. King is a complete menace. Rhodes just scores goals. Dunn, Rochina and DJ to come back? Best looks interested as well... Sign Crainey in Jan.

Bring em all on. If that lot who are top of the league tonight played us tonight we'd tear em a new one. It's on.

Fully agree Bob.......hopefully the rest of the division/media will think we're still in turmoil and won't see us coming!

I don't want to go OTT here, but there is absolutely no reason why this side can't go up this season. We have the makings of a good side who can play attractive football when required and dig in when required. If we get on a roll then this side can achieve promotion. We're no worse than Hull or Palace were last season imo.

I don't think we will reach the play-offs or go up this year, but that we will en up right under the play-off places at the end of the season - 7th-10th. Probably make a visit up there during the season - not unlike how Leeds were a few years ago (think it was their first season back).

This seasons defining moment for the club will be the january transfer window. If all goes balls up we lose Cairney, Rhodes, Best and perhaps King if he continues to perform the way he's done lately. At the other end of the spectrum we sign Cairney on a permanent deal and keep Rhodes. If Best wants to go I think it's important that we get in a similar kind of striker - the kind that can give us a physical presence up top and take some pressure off Rhodes. I also think we need another CB.

Still to early to say who will be fighting for the promotion places or going down except QPR who look dead certain to go up. A managerial change here, a new player in there, win 5 games in a row and bam! you go from relegation mire to play-off candidate. I just hope Bowyer and his young team is given time by both the owners and the fans - then perhaps next year if we can keep hold of core players we might make a serious push for promotion. Right now I'm just enjoying Rovers winning games by outplaying the opposition and more than happy with that. Onwards and upwards!

Isn't patronising somebody's opinion a little offensive too? Not everyone is a total pessimist, and occasionally fans will have different opinions. I don't think the next three games will have a major bearing on events. I recall a lacklustre Sunderland under Roy Keane & Reading 2 seasons ago going on fantastic runs and securing promotion. I won't apologise for sticking to my guns. I think Bowyersdoing a tidy job. He spent 1.5m released xxxxxx and has managed to improve us ten fold. That's brilliant and is cause for optimism!!

That phrase has too much of a B***ley connection for it to be used by us thank you!

Do they know the meaning of unscathed in Burnley.

Isn't patronising somebody's opinion a little offensive too?

Patonising?

You said "Telling you"

I knew what you meant and jokingly said "What"

You called me "a plank"

If we are in the playoffs zone in january I think Venkys will splash cash to reach Premier League and will keep Rhodes and the rest of the team, get Cairney in and maybe get Lingaard in on loan!

There is huge money in the premier league.

In this league almost anyone can get promoted and that's been shown year after year. Last year Palace were hopeless for the 2nd half of the season, nowhere near as good as Watford or Brighton to name just 2, and limped into the top 6 yet ended up going up and there are many examples of this. If you keep yourself in the pack and have a decent run in you usually find that everyone is beating each other and the teams finishing 5th and 6th have almost lost as many games as they've won but can end up going up.

I'm a big fan of Bowyer and the player's he's brought in and I always try to be optimistic..

But in my honest opinion I think we'll JUST miss the play off places this season but that will hopefully show the owners that if they can handle our debt and pump a little more money in we might just make it next season.

And conversely if we play like we did against Doncaster and Huddersfield we won't! However I grant you on paper, and in light of the last two performances, that it looks very promising.

Consistency will be key. Everyone says it but it is so true of the Championship. I think there are at least half the teams in the division that if they play to their potential consistently and regularly enough, then like Hull did last season - could go up.

To be honest I think by the end of October we'll have a better idea of how consistent we are, and how realistic promotion is. Personally I'm not convinced we'll go up or have the consistency to make a serious challenge, (especially as unsure of plan B) but we'll see how things pan out. Hopefully Rovers will have the consistency to make the promise into concrete performances.

Which would you choose?

Beat Burnley at Ewood but Burnley get promoted and we don't

OR

Lose to Burnley but we get promoted and they Stay Down Forever, luv Rovers

#2 without a shadow. Rovers' future hinges on the PL gravy train more than some comparatively meaningless record.

Which would you choose?

Beat Burnley at Ewood but Burnley get promoted and we don't

OR

Lose to Burnley but we get promoted and they Stay Down Forever, luv Rovers

One time it would have been beating them at all costs, but we need to get up or go bust, so it has to be no2 :(

Already I feel dirty, made the wrong choice...... :blush:

Guest Norbert

I'd take the promotion option. Then we can get the Premier Leage money and build a team that will nob them in the FA/League Cup.

And conversely if we play like we did against Doncaster and Huddersfield we won't! However I grant you on paper, and in light of the last two performances, that it looks very promising.

Consistency will be key. Everyone says it but it is so true of the Championship. I think there are at least half the teams in the division that if they play to their potential consistently and regularly enough, then like Hull did last season - could go up.

To be honest I think by the end of October we'll have a better idea of how consistent we are, and how realistic promotion is. Personally I'm not convinced we'll go up or have the consistency to make a serious challenge, (especially as unsure of plan B) but we'll see how things pan out. Hopefully Rovers will have the consistency to make the promise into concrete performances.

I would say it's the exact opposite; you don't need to be consistent to succeed in this league. If you extrapolate our points out so far this season we'd have enough for the play-offs judging by last year. Won 4, drawn 3, lost 3, it just shows that it doesn't take a great deal. This league is all about fighting for every single point, because they really matter. Hell, we were only 10 points off the play-offs last season and we narrowly avoided the drop!

Archived