[Archived] Going up

as good as i'm feeling right now 3 reasons why i dont think we'll get promoted

1) QPR

2) Watford

3) Venkys ability to Kean up everything they touch concerning football

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone has read the latest posting on Twitter relating to investment schemes and Kentaro, allegedly being sued. I think it will take a few years for us to recover from what has happened to us, in this regard. It may mean another relegation, or even two, but eventually, we will start to move upwards again. Unfortunately it will not be this season and despite the optimism by the writer of this thread, I do believe will finish lower this season than last. Let's face facts, we have a much poorer squad and I can't see our top goal scorer being here for much longer.

Wrong.

Need to see more Rovers fans coming through the gates tbh.

Performances like today will help !

We came off thinking full value for money.

Don't know what you thought but my opinion was gate between 13 and 14 thousand and some way off official gate of 16 thousand.

as good as i'm feeling right now 3 reasons why i dont think we'll get promoted

1) QPR

2) Watford

3) Venkys ability to Kean up everything they touch concerning football

Can see QPR walking it, but Watford Im not sure.

Playoff contenders could be 3/4 of the teams in the league.

This league is all about momentum...we now have some and need to keep it going for as long as possible with a positive result at Burnley.

Looking at Hull, Palace and Cardiff I don't see any reason why we can't be in the mix come may..but it's FAR to early yet..

I do think that the need to stabilise the club is huge. We will have bad times between now and the end of the season but the Venkys need to stick with a very honest manager and bunch of players because we are now privileged to day they definitely give a sh1t...which has been unheard of for some time.

Iv said for a long time that I'll accept us coming up short in terms of ability but NEVER in work rate or desire.

Slightly off point but still related..Kean has been struggling for form and one poster suggested Brad Friedel...wow what a boost he'd be on loan in such a young side? Amazing idea IMO

for me, it`d be a no to friedel. it`s about the future now, move on and hopefully upwards..

I agree with you on that but I do think the team would benefit defensively from an experienced head at the back...

Plus, if Kean continues to make mistakes it may actually destroy him. Sometimes you need taking out of the firing line..

Having said that a fully fit Robbo would be a great option. Very steady keeper with lots of experience

At the moment it is looking like QPR and a load of also rans with key weaknesses in critical areas.

Also looks like the bottom end of the table might be weaker than last season.

Rovers chances won't crystalise until we see who we have/ have not got on Tuesday morning.

I'm not confident we are really credible promotion candidates, but keep Rhodes and I don't think this group of players will have a run of 6 points in 30 (or whatever Berg achieved); or the similarly poor record of Appleton.

Another 10 points from last years woeful season, and you're nearly there into the play offs.

But it is still very early and 2 good wins doesn't make a season

The

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

The main thing is just being in sight of the last couple of play off places

Come April there will be 7 or 8 teams vying for the last couple of spots and you always have a chance if you have a good run in

Strange how all the one's getting carried away are abusive tonight.....I forgot, that' s BRFCS.

It was a great win, a big step in the right direction but nothing more. A lot of blood, sweat and tears to come.

I don't think we will go up this season but I suppose that makes me a plank to the kidz.

Perspective.

Guest Norbert

We might be in the end of season musical chairs for a play-off place. An automatic place is too much to realistically expect. This division is so unpredictable, that Burnley are riding high now, but could even flirt with relegation when we play them next.

Strange how all the one's getting carried away are abusive tonight.....I forgot, that' s BRFCS.

It was a great win, a big step in the right direction but nothing more. A lot of blood, sweat and tears to come.

I don't think we will go up this season but I suppose that makes me a plank to the kidz.

Perspective.

Perspective. Perspective? Ha! How's the fell walking going?

Rovers just beat one of the best teams in the division, and deserved it.

You keep your walking up kidda, leave this fan / supporter crap to those who go.

(Before I get crucified, those who can get there if they wanted to!)

The interesting thing about the Championship is that (perhaps QPR aside) there are no stand out teams. Cardiff came here last year and buried us. They looked nailed on.

Forest came this and were fortunate that Kean flapped in the last minute.

But for iffy penalty decisions we could have had something at Leicester.

We dominated the second half against the dingles and got a draw.

We've nullified and beaten one of the favourites for promotion.

Out of ten games we've played 5 of the top 9 and they've all been pretty close games.

If these young players get momentum and confidence, there's no reason why we can't finish in the play offs.

We'll definitely turn over alot of teams at Ewood. Whether we can get points away is the main question.

Archived