BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Going up

Can't wait to see Corey Evans in the middle with a decent partner- Etuhuh god forgive me is still a lot better than Lowe or Marrow!

Bucking the trend I think the lads will galvanise and push up the table in a similar fashion to palace or reading a few years ago!

Worth a tenner anyway! I understand this seems stretching optimism to the extreme but I've had a @#/? day and I need to believe this- so I'd appreciate it if you do comment you just agree with me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see Corey Evans (should have gone to Donny. He was limited apparently in his cameo) in the middle with a decent partner (err, who?)- Etuhuh god forgive me is still a lot better than Lowe or Marrow! (Thats like saying being hung is better than being stoned to death)

Bucking the trend I think the lads will galvanise and push up the table in a similar fashion to palace or reading a few years ago! (No evidence seen so far this year. Or last.)

Worth a tenner anyway! (Are you filthy rich or something?) I understand this seems stretching optimism to the extreme (I agree on that one) but I've had a kean day and I need to believe this so I'd appreciate it if you do comment you just agree with me. (The older you get the more you find you that, with football, you have more bad days than good days. When it's a good day channel the positive energy to help focus and improve your life. However you also need be strong willed enough to realise that come 5.30pm on a Kean Saturday when you've been beaten you can let go and move on Otherwise it will be another weight to drag you down. If you want any more help buy my book "Coping with the Venkys".

Love the optimism but I think promotion will be beyond us this season. Need to get rid of the big earners before we can bring in the quality needed to push for promotion. Hopefully that will be next summer. People say we haven't got the money to get promoted but we are spending about 10m per year on wages for players who don't play, brought in 11 players over the summer, paid off countless managers, and broke our transfer record last year.

Venkys have spent a huge amount of money and continue to do so. Unfortunately, it has been largely wasted so far. FFP some people will say. I would say don't be silly. Smoke and mirrors. If an owner wants to spend then they will despite the rules.

We are moving in the right direction and many thought that before the season. After 3 matches, that optimism has disappeared after 3 games it seems amongst some fans.

If we finish top 10 then that will be a remarkable achievement from Bowyer after 3 years of chaos. Not sure he's the man to get us promoted and not sure venkys do either (only given 1 year contract) but think he will stabilise things over the next year if given the chance.

Anything can happen in this league.

Brighton, Reading, Watford and Bolton in recent years have all had excellent second halves to the season. There's 43 games left anyway.

Same as any other league. The best teams finish at the top. The worst teams certainly won't.

Love the optimism but I think promotion will be beyond us this season. Need to get rid of the big earners before we can bring in the quality needed to push for promotion.

Rhodes?

I think you mean we need to reduce the wage bill. That's a whole lot different.

Same as any other league. The best teams finish at the top. The worst teams certainly won't.

Rhodes?

Yes, perhaps I didn't phrase that well. Big earners are fine as they as they justify their wage. Rhodes does. We need to get rid of big earners who don't play.

Rhodes?

I think there's an important distinction to make. The best "teams" finish at the top not the team's with the best individuals.

QPR and Wigan prob have the best individuals but there are better teams than them.

Can't wait to see Corey Evans in the middle with a decent partner- Etuhuh god forgive me is still a lot better than Lowe or Marrow!

Bucking the trend I think the lads will galvanise and push up the table in a similar fashion to palace or reading a few years ago!

Worth a tenner anyway! I understand this seems stretching optimism to the extreme but I've had a kean day and I need to believe this- so I'd appreciate it if you do comment you just agree with me.

Shrooms have have harvested and cooked.

I don't know if anyone has read the latest posting on Twitter relating to investment schemes and Kentaro, allegedly being sued. I think it will take a few years for us to recover from what has happened to us, in this regard. It may mean another relegation, or even two, but eventually, we will start to move upwards again. Unfortunately it will not be this season and despite the optimism by the writer of this thread, I do believe will finish lower this season than last. Let's face facts, we have a much poorer squad and I can't see our top goal scorer being here for much longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Early days yet I'm afraid. A couple of very good results over the past two weeks but our defence (including keeper) is an inherent weakness that will let us down as the season goes on. When Dunny gets his inevitable injury and Cairney potentially goes back to Hull we'll be a lot weaker.

Not to put a downer on things but just don't think we should get carried away. I'd say we're good for mid-table this year (upper mid-table at a push) but wouldn't expect any more than that.

Stop immediately - any form of optimism will not be tolerated !

We must climb back onto our high buildings and get back on suicide watch.......don't be fooled by 9 goals in two games.......

Keep up the optimism Lie Still. Nowt wrong with dreaming ! Used to do it a lot in the 80's when we strung 2 or 3 wins together !!!

Archived