BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

Interesting looking at last years team vs this years team

Burnley v Rovers (2-12-12)

Robinson, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica (Vukcevic), Lowe, Murphy ©, Pedersen (King), Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Manager - Berg

Burnley v Rovers (14-9-13) *Probable*

Kean, Kane, Dann ©, Hanley, Spurr, Marshall, Lowe, Cairney, King, Dunn, Rhodes.

Manager - Bowyer

I do like the current side. Particularly with Cairney sat in there helping things to tick along nicely, and imo two better full backs than were playing that day. Surely that is a far far far better side than last year? touchwood

Please God let us turn the buggers over again.

EDIT: Regarding the Moronic section of the away support - Isn't it strange that they become more aggressive and abusive towards staff at a Burnley game. Why is that? We have no idea who these people are except that they are trying to earn a living and are doing there utmost to serve refreshments to allow you to enjoy the experience more. To be aggressive or offensive to them is just sheer numbness and IMO the definition of Shiiitting on your own doorstep, as in the end there is only one loser - or approximately 2000 to be more precise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do talk some kean, throw enough mud eh? It'll become fact in years to come....****!

The facilities are prehistoric, it's nothing to do with Rovers fans abusing the people working behind the hole in the wall. I've stood across from the servers having a pint on more than one occasion, and NEVER heard any abuse aimed at the people serving, just to balance things out.

I can quite honestly say that's the first time I have ever played a video on YouTube five times one after the other :)

They still doing the um ba ba chant we did on the Blackbun End in the eighties????

In fairness during the premier league game there the girl behind the kiosk had to shut it at one point because a few scrotes were banging on the shutter at the top and screaming at her, she looked terrified and ended up closing the shutter right down

Thankfully they got sorted out by our own fans for being morons

Not sure if you saw the incident, I did, and it had nothing to do with people screaming at the girl behind the counter, thats bunkum.

I think it all arose from thirsty people being frustrated at the slow service.

Not excusing the behaviour of the people in question, as they were blatantly out of order- but better forward planning woud have curbed the situation.

So as I said GAV, I read it on here and (by the way I never commented on the facilities) that I can't imagine the club being willing to risk staff safety by reopening the kiosk at the end of the game. I didn't make it up, I wasn't repeating it until it became fact, simply repeating what I had read on here - and only repeating it on here by the way. You are probably alright 'in real life' Gav but at times your internet persona and attitude does you few favours.

And old Darwen, the um baba - something else you nicked from us then?

So as I said GAV, I read it on here and (by the way I never commented on the facilities) that I can't imagine the club being willing to risk staff safety by reopening the kiosk at the end of the game. I didn't make it up, I wasn't repeating it until it became fact, simply repeating what I had read on here - and only repeating it on here by the way. You are probably alright 'in real life' Gav but at times your internet persona and attitude does you few favours.

And old Darwen, the um baba - something else you nicked from us then?

Don't lecture me dingle, I've been around here long enough to know what you're all about, even if some of the more recent posters don't see it, every once in a while your mask slips, you can't help it, a bit like your gimp and the Jack Walker stuff.

The observations above are all incorrect, or they're talking about a different incident/kiosk, but TBH I’m not really that interested.

After Saturday you'll do your usual disappearing act and I’ll not need to read the cr@p you post until the next time we hammer you. :tu:

• Backroom

Not sure if you saw the incident, I did, and it had nothing to do with people screaming at the girl behind the counter, thats bunkum.

I was there in the queue, maybe my memory is hazy and the order of events muddled but I vividly recall some absolute morons shouting and banging on the shutters and the girl looking terrified

Not hammered us for a while, Frodo.

Finished below us last season, below us now. Just wait until you lose your '34 year' safety blanket...

When we practically relegated you from the Premiership? i'd put that down as another hammering.

You can't lose 34 years of history gimp, but you dingles often try to re-write it :wstu:

Don't lecture me dingle, I've been around here long enough to know what you're all about, even if some of the more recent posters don't see it, every once in a while your mask slips, you can't help it, a bit like your gimp and the Jack Walker stuff.

The observations above are all incorrect, or they're talking about a different incident/kiosk, but TBH I’m not really that interested.

After Saturday you'll do your usual disappearing act and I’ll not need to read the cr@p you post until the next time we hammer you. :tu:

Do we have to have this every time we play GAV? I don't disappear, when we've lost I have come on, congratulated you on your victory and then retired to lick my wounds. If the day comes when we win then I'll no doubt permit myself a simple, solitary gloating post - then I will disappear for a while because, as I've said previously, my presence would be less welcome than ever.

I don't wear a mask, I'm a normal, average mid 40's east Lancashire bloke. I change my views and ethics to suit my need.

I'm not sure who or what my gimp and the Jack Walker stuff is so I'll just let that one lay on file.

The things that concern me: Ings pace against Dann, our inability to defend set pieces and Shackell on Rhodes. Deal with these issues and we'll be alright I think.

Cause for concern for Bunlay: Rhodes is among the goals, Josh King and Todd Kane are both playing well down the flanks and of course not forgetting to mark Dunn. Our midfield area is much better than last season too.

Without my bias being a factor, 1-0 Burnley. Consistency & home advantage should see them through.

Burnley are in good form... For how long?

This has been doing the rounds this week. It`s absolutely perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJq68kwaZU

This made my day, thank you! :D

This is what I was thinking, what changes have they made since last season apart from losing Austin?, they must be a poorer team so there's only so long they can ride their luck (hopefully)

The things that concern me: Ings pace against Dann, our inability to defend set pieces and Shackell on Rhodes. Deal with these issues and we'll be alright I think.

Cause for concern for Bunlay: Rhodes is among the goals, Josh King and Todd Kane are both playing well down the flanks and of course not forgetting to mark Dunn. Our midfield area is much better than last season too.

Without my bias being a factor, 1-0 Burnley. Consistency & home advantage should see them through.

Until injuries and or suspensions kick in - so maybe early/mid December? or until it all goes wrong on Saturday and the arse falls out of our season

This made my day, thank you! :D

This is what I was thinking, what changes have they made since last season apart from losing Austin?, they must be a poorer team so there's only so long they can ride their luck (hopefully)

That isn't exactly accurate. Firstly our form since February has been fairly good anyway. Secondly we've lost Austin but we do have, for the first time really, a fully fit Ings. Our central midfield has changed, losing McCann and replacing him with Jones, bringing in Arfield etc. So more changes than you might imagine, though as pointed out on here all rag bag freebies that were nowhere near good enough. Oh and a complete overhaul of the goalkeeping department.

No depth, reasonable first 11, same old same old for us.

Until injuries and or suspensions kick in - so maybe early/mid December? or until it all goes wrong on Saturday and the arse falls out of our season

That isn't exactly accurate. Firstly our form since February has been fairly good anyway. Secondly we've lost Austin but we do have, for the first time really, a fully fit Ings. Our central midfield has changed, losing McCann and replacing him with Jones, bringing in Arfield etc. So more changes than you might imagine, though as pointed out on here all rag bag freebies that were nowhere near good enough. Oh and a complete overhaul of the goalkeeping department.

No depth, reasonable first 11, same old same old for us.

Seems like the loan window could be your friend.

To me, Ings looks like he has more in his game than Austin. Specifically, he can create a goal for himself rather than rely on service. Jones is an improvment on McCann but I have no idea about Arfield, the CM battle should be an interesting one seeing how ours appears to be better than what we had available against you last season.

I do sense you may be playing yourselves down there, I don't like that, you should the over confidence wash over you. Look where you are, look where we are, look at the stats, you're the favourites, you're at home... No pressure ;)

Most teams at home are confident of getting results at this level. They wouldn't stay in this division otherwise. Burnley are no different and will fancy their chances against us.

They are in good form, are playing at home and are above us in the league. You would expect lasting confidence from their fans, but amusingly they are still very worried. They have learnt lessons about getting their hopes up.

As an aside, would rather every other post wasn't from Burnley fans! Can we create a forum they can use, it is 2013 after all.

Interesting similarities to our promotion season. Dingles were above us and in good form we were just starting to play well. We won and leapfrogged em and never looked back. Can history repeat? Not thinking so. I hate we have to play them this early and. I hate it's after an international break, we never seem to do well immediately after one. 34 year's could come crashing down and I can't help but feel Dann will be instrumental in that.

Just been talking to a mate who points out most bookies have us clear favourites but, in his words, history somehow seems to play a part, it shouldn't but it seems to. Look at our recent records against Hull and Derby - no real reason for them yet there we are.

If I was playing your team under the name of say Leicester I'd fancy us for a narrow win at home - but it isn't Leicester, it's you and fate or the Gods seem determined to conspire against us winning.

As for every other post, point noted - over and out.

Do they focus on the away fans a lot?

or is a few hundred more than you are expecting to bring? ;-)

Your 60's cathode ray sets may be small but even you should realise only a small section of the crowd is focused on at any one time. And the ugly and toothless description, from decades of interbreeding, made it obvious as to which set of supporters I was referring to. ;)

Archived