BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

No, that's not what he said. The guy should get a life instead of putting fellow fans down who (for whatever reason) are doing something else.

It's a great fixture and a cracking atmosphere. But for £40 (plus drinks) and 8hrs of my time I'd be expecting a place in the hospitality suites.

You don't see ANYONE slagging off others on the basis that they wish to go to the match. Those who aren't going whether they'd prefer to or not) deserve the same respect.

Where have I put others fans down Mike? I think everyone is entitled to their opinions. But like I've said this is one of the biggest games as a football club we have. There aren't really and excuses to be had I'm afraid.

As for getting a life? I'm a forty one year old father of three, been watching football most of my life since my Mum and Dad first took me in the 70's. I've followed England as well since home and away since 1988. I have a well paid job in IT, have a degree and plenty of professional qualifications. Live in Whalley with my wife and kids, we enjoy a number of holidays a year, drive nice cars. Go out regularly for nice meals, and to the pubs with friends. I could go on.

I think you might find, I have a very good life.

No he's telling him to get a life as well as supporting Rovers and quite rightly so. There is more to life than football.

Read above!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, the whole thing started to get out of hand during this period. My experiences of the derby in the early 60s were totally different. It was a different sort of rivalry. You could go to the Turf, stand on the Longside and have some friendly banter and likewise on the Riverside when Burnley came to Ewood. Burnley would often win at Ewood and we would do likewise at Burnley but there was no hatred like today. The whole thing has descended into a pantomime with some fans thinking that beating Burnley is the only thing that matters in life. It doesn't. Personally, I would much rather lose to Burnley twice and win promotion than beat Burnley twice and finish mid-table.

Me too.

my team for this game would be:- Kean; Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Lowe, Evans; Taylor, Cairney, King; Rhodes.

if Lowe isn't fit then I would Marshall in the number 10 role and push Cairney back to centre midfield.

Subs:- Eastwood, Kilgallon, Henley, Marrow, Judge, DJ, Marshall if he starts then Morris on bench.

my team for this game would be:- Kean; Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Lowe, Evans; Taylor, Cairney, King; Rhodes.

if Lowe isn't fit then I would Marshall in the number 10 role and push Cairney back to centre midfield.

Subs:- Eastwood, Kilgallon, Henley, Marrow, Judge, DJ, Marshall if he starts then Morris on bench.

Is Lowe doubtful for the game? I'd play the same team as well though.

Is he? Saw an article somewhere saying he was looking forward to experiencing the derby from the Dingle side.

Got it from this.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/burnley/preview/preview-burnley-vs-blackburn_104463.html

"For Burnley, they will be unable to call on midfielder David Jones due to his suspension, which was suffered after he picked up his fourth yellow card during the Clarets' 3-0 win over Derby County."

Four yellow cards? Is that what it is in this league?

• Backroom

Where have I put others fans down Mike? I think everyone is entitled to their opinions. But like I've said this is one of the biggest games as a football club we have. There aren't really and excuses to be had I'm afraid.

As for getting a life? I'm a forty one year old father of three, been watching football most of my life since my Mum and Dad first took me in the 70's. I've followed England as well since home and away since 1988. I have a well paid job in IT, have a degree and plenty of professional qualifications. Live in Whalley with my wife and kids, we enjoy a number of holidays a year, drive nice cars. Go out regularly for nice meals, and to the pubs with friends. I could go on.

Good on you and I hope that continues for you. Now for my life: just graduated, have £20k of debt, a PT job which I'm very lucky to have in the current climate, a gf and paying most of what I earn as board to my parents. Also deaf, meaning I have to make many trips to hospitls/health centres per year.

Now, engage with that and tell me why I should spend £40 for what was quite frankly a very unpleasant experience based on last season. Unless you plan on paying for me, there's no way I can afford it. Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't go and be sworn at by a cocky two-bob copper on a training day.

Kindly stop telling me and others that we should attend no matter what. Life isn't like that and I'd assume you'd know. Family and friends before footy. Always.

We all have a cross to bear, FFS get over it!

Back on topic, unfortunately I won't be at t'Turf but I'll be there in spirit and thanks to Sky, me and a dozen other Dordogne Blues will be glued to the TV and chearing our boys on to victory.

34 years, soon to become 35.

COYB!!

I think you've undermined your "no excuses" point with your life story. First "excuse" from anyone might as well be that they're not living charmed of a life. I'm glad that you drive nice cars and take a number of holidays a year, as well as having the security of a well paid job in IT.

For what it's worth, I live in Germany, run a small business, haven't taken a holiday in about 2 years, can't afford to learn to drive, let alone have a car, manage to spend about 30 a week on food and haven't seen Rovers since Cardiff at home last season (by virtue of a well-times business trip). Point being, you might feel there are no excuses for yourself/people in a similar position to yourself, but to belittle others' realities as "excuses" is plain ignorant.

If you have a wife and children then under no circumstances should a game of football be your ultimate priority (as somebody suggested earlier in the thread).

Need a bit of a reality check if you genuinely think otherwise.

Not bothered if Jones plays or not to be honest. He is fairly average and certainly not as good as either Evans or Cairney.

Maybe folk should use the other thread to talk about excuses/reasons for not going and use this to talk about the build up to what should be a fantastic game from now on.

This does seem like the most underwhelming build up to a derby game in my lifetime, hope the game itself has a little more excitement.

There's an ale house in Burnley I used to frequent...............

If I had the wings of an eagle..................

We are the Blackburn End, we're the Blackburn End, .......... Surge.....

Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum..........

Chim chimney, chim chimney, chim chim cheroo.................

We are The Rovers, we hate Burnley

Hope that makes you feel better TJ !

COYB !!!

This does seem like the most underwhelming build up to a derby game in my lifetime, hope the game itself has a little more excitement.

Not sure about that TJ, on here maybe, but my mates/colleagues are bubbling at the prospect.

There's an ale house in Burnley I used to frequent...............

If I had the wings of an eagle..................

We are the Blackburn End, we're the Blackburn End, .......... Surge.....

Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum..........

Chim chimney, chim chimney, chim chim cheroo.................

We are The Rovers, we hate Burnley

Hope that makes you feel better TJ !

COYB !!!

David Dunn is Blue and White....... :tu:

If I had won the lottery last weekend I still wouldn't be going to the game. Lancashire Constabulary can kiss my clinkers.

Can't find anything about Dave Jones being suspended.

Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us

I honestly think you're in denial !

Agreed btw regarding plod.

If I had won the lottery last weekend I still wouldn't be going to the game. Lancashire Constabulary can kiss my clinkers.

Can't find anything about Dave Jones being suspended.

Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us

Blimey, can you not just give it a rest. You don't wanna go, get over it.

Archived