BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

Your post makes you sound like a patronising snob if I'm honest. Sorry but that's how I read it.

Not at all. Where do we draw the line when agreeing to have our liberty infringed? Mark my words plod would love nothing more than to control people more often

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not, people are put off for a few petty reasons and the fact it's on TV sways their final decision

I take your point onboard dave, lets face it £120 for 3 tickets and 'travel' 15 miles down the road is steep, that wouldn't put us off, but the restrictions finally have.

• Moderation Lead

It's Rovers vs Burnley and Rovers fans are...

... Arguing with each other.

Fancy that!

The travel restrictions are better than they were in 2010 when you had to go from Ewood at 9am regardless, and you can go from Clayton as a halfway point, and it's 11am departure this year if I'm not mistaken....

Are they treated better when they come to Ewood (be honest)? Could this be 'pay-back' from them?

So if I'm reading it correctly, all the hastles with the travel and the main reason for the delay afterwards is down to the OTT policing?

Would it help if Ewood had a word with somebody at Turf Moor and asked them to re-open the food/drink outlet after the game?

As I recall in a recent game the staff in there ( a young girl) was so badly abused there is little chance of this. By e way I'm not suggesting our fans behaved any better towards the staff at Elwood, I've genuinely not heard either way but I know I did hear this and I'm fairly sure I heard it on here from Rovers fans who were disgusted by the abuse dished out.

Maybe instead of all these restrictions and cattle trucks the police should simply chose a suitable field in each town, allow the like minded to congregate there, knock 10 bells out of each other then just send in the ambulances when they've all run out of steam whilst the rest of us enjoy the match together? He'll we could even get the clubs to put a big screen up and broadcast the game so they can stop leathering each other for a few seconds here and there when there's a decent attack going on.

As I recall in a recent game the staff in there ( a young girl) was so badly abused there is little chance of this. By e way I'm not suggesting our fans behaved any better towards the staff at Elwood, I've genuinely not heard either way but I know I did hear this and I'm fairly sure I heard it on here from Rovers fans who were disgusted by the abuse dished out.

Maybe instead of all these restrictions and cattle trucks the police should simply chose a suitable field in each town, allow the like minded to congregate there, knock 10 bells out of each other then just send in the ambulances when they've all run out of steam whilst the rest of us enjoy the match together? He'll we could even get the clubs to put a big screen up and broadcast the game so they can stop leathering each other for a few seconds here and there when there's a decent attack going on.

Here, here, lets not interupt a good fight by a league match, WWBB, it's the future, World Wide Blackburn and the other lot!

Are they treated better when they come to Ewood (be honest)? Could this be 'pay-back' from them?

So if I'm reading it correctly, all the hastles with the travel and the main reason for the delay afterwards is down to the OTT policing?

Would it help if Ewood had a word with somebody at Turf Moor and asked them to re-open the food/drink outlet after the game?

The facilities are incomparable and far larger as is the fenced off holding area outside the Darwen End at Ewood. Basically Ewood is geared up for big games and big visiting support, so yes i would say it's a better experience for them once at the ground. I know we have Jack to thank for all that and some Rovers fans really don't know how lucky we are and i know the Burnley fans can't help the state of their away end. You would think though that something would have been done with it after their stint in the Prem and the parachute money but it would seem that parachuted it's way into the directors back pockets :)

This has been doing the rounds this week. It`s absolutely perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJq68kwaZU

I can quite honestly say that's the first time I have ever played a video on YouTube five times one after the other :)

They still doing the um ba ba chant we did on the Blackbun End in the eighties????

You do talk some @#/?, throw enough mud eh? It'll become fact in years to come....****!

The facilities are prehistoric, it's nothing to do with Rovers fans abusing the people working behind the hole in the wall. I've stood across from the servers having a pint on more than one occasion, and NEVER heard any abuse aimed at the people serving, just to balance things out.

if the rumours are true, less than 2k tickets have gone in our end.

I get all the reasons why, the travel, treated like criminals, facilities, its on TV etc-

but now I just really hope its a 3-2 rovers win in the last 10 minutes and one that fans will be talking about these goal celebrations for years to come...

whilst those sat at home who could have gone but couldn't be arsed simply dream about what it was like and wish they had bothered.

COYBs

if the rumours are true, less than 2k tickets have gone in our end.

I get all the reasons why, the travel, treated like criminals, facilities, its on TV etc-

but now I just really hope its a 3-2 rovers win in the last 10 minutes and one that fans will be talking about these goal celebrations for years to come...

whilst those sat at home who could have gone but couldn't be arsed simply dream about what it was like and wish they had bothered.

COYBs

Yeah ok :D

• Backroom

You do talk some kean, throw enough mud eh? It'll become fact in years to come....****!

The facilities are prehistoric, it's nothing to do with Rovers fans abusing the people working behind the hole in the wall. I've stood across from the servers having a pint on more than one occasion, and NEVER heard any abuse aimed at the people serving, just to balance things out.

In fairness during the premier league game there the girl behind the kiosk had to shut it at one point because a few scrotes were banging on the shutter at the top and screaming at her, she looked terrified and ended up closing the shutter right down

Thankfully they got sorted out by our own fans for being morons

In fairness during the premier league game there the girl behind the kiosk had to shut it at one point because a few scrotes were banging on the shutter at the top and screaming at her, she looked terrified and ended up closing the shutter right down

Thankfully they got sorted out by our own fans for being morons

Not sure if you saw the incident, I did, and it had nothing to do with people screaming at the girl behind the counter, thats bunkum.

Biggest problem we may have is keeping 11 on the pitch. Though people keep saying Burnley will be up for this - we now have a large number of players who came through the academy and know what the fixture means. Particularly worried about Hanley - as he has seemingly lost it already on more than one occasion - without the pressure of a local derby.

Interesting looking at last years team vs this years team

Burnley v Rovers (2-12-12)

Robinson, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica (Vukcevic), Lowe, Murphy ©, Pedersen (King), Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Manager - Berg

Burnley v Rovers (14-9-13) *Probable*

Kean, Kane, Dann ©, Hanley, Spurr, Marshall, Lowe, Cairney, King, Dunn, Rhodes.

Manager - Bowyer

• Backroom

Not sure if you saw the incident, I did, and it had nothing to do with people screaming at the girl behind the counter, thats bunkum.

You're right, they weren't screaming. But they were being idiots and were being boisterous in an OTT manner towards her. Don't blame the poor girl for shutting it when there's 50 drunk morons all telling her 'ur fit luv innit lolz'.

• Moderation Lead

I think it all arose from thirsty people being frustrated at the slow service.

Not excusing the behaviour of the people in question, as they were blatantly out of order- but better forward planning woud have curbed the situation.

Archived