BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

loved the post,

only problem is the dingles can't or wont accept facts (facts got me a life ban from clarot mad :lol:)

it must be the DNA

(dingles never accept)

I got banned for bringing up the Wombles. Touchy lil bitch that clarrot tony

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I say, I wasn't even born when it all happened but I have read a few articles on it. Didn't spot that bit,just that the league refused the application to cancel their resignation.

Time distorts all I guess but I think he was just a convenient fall guy - and he probably enjoyed the additional notoriety anyway. He certainly didn't run up the debts they simply couldn't pay. Still I'll have another google on it.

Nope, think my account was accurate. Stanley asked him for help due to his standing and he thought that getting rid of them from the league would increase b***leys gates. He said he would deliver the letter personally to the league and didn't.

I just remmeber Bob Lord as the bloke who used to do the FA Cup draw on TV with the felt bag and the balls and trays to put them in. That's when glamour was at it's height kids. Fat, ruddy faces, balding northern businessmen were the equivalent of Will-i-am and Harry Stiles in those days.

Trivia Quiz

No match this weekend. Try the quiz to ease your pain.

(Players must have appeared in the league this season)

1. Which former Rovers manager has been nominated for manager of the month?
  2. Which two Rovers made it into the Championship team of the week?
  3. Which team had SIX players in the team of the week – including the entire back four!
  4. Rovers currently average the most shots per away game. How many would that be?
  5. Which team wins the greatest % of aerial duels in the Championship?
  6. Rhodes is averaging 2.2 shots per game so far but we have a player who has not yet played a full game but is averaging FIVE shots per game (that’s higher than anyone else in the league!). Who?
  7. Which Rover has the equal highest number of assists in the league?
  8. Who is Rovers shortest player?
  9. In our squad, who makes the highest number of tackles per game?
  10. At 33 Dunn is our oldest player this season – next we have three 26 year olds. Who are they?

Answers

1.Paul 2. DD JR (but not our MoM JKg!) 3. Q 4. 19 5. Brunley 6. RR 7. TK (3) 8. AJ (169 cm) 9. AM (3) 10. SD LB CT

Data from whoscored.com

Looking forward to this game. Have to say I don't feel the "hatred" other Rovers fans have for Burnley - in fact, except when they are playing us I want them to do well. I would love to see all the Lancashire town clubs back in the top flight like the early 1960s when Rovers, Preston Blackpool, Burnley and Bolton were in the top division. It's also wonderful to see Accrington back the football league - I hope Bob Lord is spinning in his grave. As far the "big" Lancashire clubs are concerned I couldn't care less - would be quite happy to see them relegated and go bust, preferably both.

Looking forward to this one, there's a bit of positivity around both clubs at the moment.

The Dingles must be fancying there chances with the start they've had, but I'm pretty confident that Rovers will get at least a point thus continuing the vice like grip that we've had over them for what seems an eternity :)

I think the majority of the hate comes from over the Pennines to be honest.

And you can't blame them really: 30-odd years of defeats, constantly in the shadow of us, etc, etc.

The Dingles are like the annoying little brother of Rovers who makes lots of noise and gets above his station.

They just need knocking back down every now and then.

And you can't blame them really: 30-odd years of defeats, constantly in the shadow of us, etc, etc.

The Dingles are like the annoying little brother of Rovers who makes lots of noise and gets above his station.

Well done. I can't imagine anythijg more patronising and more likely to wind up dingles than this. Keep it up.

Looking forward to this one, there's a bit of positivity around both clubs at the moment.

The Dingles must be fancying there chances with the start they've had, but I'm pretty confident that Rovers will get at least a point thus continuing the vice like grip that we've had over them for what seems an eternity :)

Both clubs in decent form - both sets of fans probably with a degree of belief but for both teams the question is can they take the form they showed in the last few games into this one, especially after a 2 week break.

The hatred comes from the late 70's and early 80's, is 2 sided and from your end probably comes from all the times you lot were literally knocked down time and again in the heyday of the hooligans - running scared so often must have hurt your lot ^_^ . Thank the lord most people have grown up since then.

The hatred comes from the late 70's and early 80's, is 2 sided and from your end probably comes from all the times you lot were literally knocked down time and again in the heyday of the hooligans - running scared so often must have hurt your lot ^_^ . Thank the lord most people have grown up since then.

Quite literally fighting talk.

Will be good to go into the game expecting a good contest though. A lot of the games against B***ley have been like kicking a blinf man'r stick away. particularly in 2000/01 when a resurgent Rovers were just so much better than the opposition.

You are normally a good poster and talk some sense. Your comment lets you down.

Quite literally fighting talk.

Will be good to go into the game expecting a good contest though. A lot of the games against B***ley have been like kicking a blinf man'r stick away. particularly in 2000/01 when a resurgent Rovers were just so much better than the opposition.

Just responding in kind to Andy :-)

Ahh 2000/1, yeah that was a spanking waiting to happen. You still had some fine players from your PL squad - no argument from me that, especially in the second game, we were out gunned and out classed. Been closer battles since but we are always up against a better funded, more expensive, higher earning squad - no different this year though the squad wages etc probably aren't as far apart as they were back in 2000.

You are normally a good poster and talk some sense. Your comment lets you down.

Was simply responding in kind, with tongue firmly in cheek, to Andy - certainly didn't intend for anybody to take it seriously

(though I did hope I might get a rise out of one or two of the older posters who were there in the late 70's and early 80's)

You've always been a nugget hiding behind civil conversation, some couldn't see through it, some could, nugget :tu:

Has anyone else who isn't a season ticket holder picked up an application form? Just curious because at the top it says "phase 1", but I'm not a season ticket holder so I don't know if this will affect my chances, or if that's just what all forms say

Ahh 2000/1, yeah that was a spanking waiting to happen. You still had some fine players from your PL squad - no argument from me that, especially in the second game, we were out gunned and out classed. Been closer battles since but we are always up against a better funded, more expensive, higher earning squad - no different this year though the squad wages etc probably aren't as far apart as they were back in 2000.

Dunn, Duff and Jansen - the holy trinity of Ewood Park. What a team that was with Brad, Berg etc etc thrown in. Would expect them to win this league by about 30 points. No relevane to next week but happy memories.

Archived