BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

Kean me, it was a joke between me and Longers.

Wind your neck in.

I'm sorry, have I missed something?

You were made a mod?

One of the troubles at the moment there are "too many jokes" that quite frankly are not funny.

Once again I appreciate Longsider's comments. I'm less sure about yours.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, have I missed something?

You were made a mod?

One of the troubles at the moment there are "too many jokes" that quite frankly are not funny.

Once again I appreciate Longsider's comments. I'm less sure about yours.

The person whom my post was intended for has responded in kind.

I'll leave it there.

The person whom my post was intended for has responded in kind.

I'll leave it there.

I asked you a question based on the comment you made to me.

I made an attempt to be supportive of Longsiders as there has been a tendency in the last few months to make inappropriate comments against the supporters of other clubs.

I'll leave it there.

I made an attempt to be supportive of Longsiders as there has been a tendency in the last few months to make inappropriate comments against the supporters of other clubs.

Well in that case, I guess you made a mistake.

I await your apology.

Thanks for the support 92.

I can't speak for the fans of other teams but I don't mind a bit of fun plus I've got thick skin - I think it comes along with the extra digit.

well you know where to put it to try and hide it

:D

I asked you a question based on the comment you made to me.

I'll leave it there.

Bloody hell. "Inappropriate comments against the supporters of other clubs." Have you actually been to a football match? If so do you have a moan at chants against the opposition supporters?

If a Burnley fan comes on a Rovers board, he's going to get grief the same as Rovers fans do on a Burnley forum. There's nothing malicious and I'm sure Longsiders understands he's behind enemy lines.

If I've offended him then it was only meant as a bit of banter. If I didn't then I'll try harder next time,

The pessimist inside would take a point, continue the streak.

We were excellent on Saturday, but lets not forget Burnley won 3-0 at Derby, also a fine result.

Our last away game (at Doncaster) was abysmal, can we play the same style away from home?

Plenty of intrigue, should be a cracking game.

Bloody hell. "Inappropriate comments against the supporters of other clubs." Have you actually been to a football match? If so do you have a moan at chants against the opposition supporters?

If a Burnley fan comes on a Rovers board, he's going to get grief the same as Rovers fans do on a Burnley forum. There's nothing malicious and I'm sure Longsiders understands he's behind enemy lines.

If I've offended him then it was only meant as a bit of banter. If I didn't then I'll try harder next time,

Good point.

I wouldn't mind but my comment was just about football in general, not a personal dig, and not even about Bumley!

I've said worse to Longsiders in the past and not had this kind of grief from a mod-elect.

But if I people are going to get offended with derby match rivalry/banter, I suggest the avoid the messageboards until 15th September! And not just BRFCS!!

It's aright on here. There's the brainless types with their 'ya mam's ya dad' etc. Easily ignored. There's the rabid, angry anti-Dingle types, I like them, you can indulge in some childish banter. All good fun.

And there's a few who can talk about football with. As long as you treat each poster as you find them, it's quite amicable.

It's much the same on the Burnley board. Among the simpletons who visit us there's one or two you can actually talk to, it's good to hear an opposing view.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this derby. It's less of a 'two bald men fighting over a comb' than last year's. And if we lose I can just not post for 6 months. Not sure what you do if you lose, the '34 years' thing seems to define you at the moment... Had to include a little jibe at the end there.

And Stuart - don't know what anyone's problem is with your post. Let's not get too precious. It's derby week next week!

I know what you mean, if they win it'll be bloody open-top bus tour time , we'll never hear the end of it for months & months...

Its going to happen one day, unfortunately, but I think we will continue the run of not being defeated with a cracking 2-2.

Luckily you don't get many B*rnley fans down south so if we do lose I won't have to put up with any gloating.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this derby. It's less of a 'two bald men fighting over a comb' than last year's. And if we lose I can just not post for 6 months. Not sure what you do if you lose, the '34 years' thing seems to define you at the moment... Had to include a little jibe at the end there.

34 years won't disappear though. It would have still taken you over three decades to get one over on us. I'd say it defines your lot as much as it does us.

2 or 3 -1 to us. Our midfield will be too strong for them (cant believe I can actually say that and mean it). Rhodes has now hit form. Team will be fired up, even some of our new signings come from or have played in the North West or have been at rovers previously and will understand the significance of this game. Dunn will fire them up.

Burnley town centre will resemble Beirut after some of the Burnley fans have finished with it.

Archived