BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

• Moderation Lead

on the back of a couple of good results the majority of dingles will be creaming themselves and thinking they will win,

the reality will be that the Ferrari turns up and the town centre gets destroyed, again

Not quite as confident as you, but I would love the above to happen!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite as confident as you, but I would love the above to happen!

Trust me, I don't know Mercerman.

There has been a subtle change at the Rovers which most people have missed I think, shabby gone and the owners learning/listening from football people, hence Rhodes not being sold at any price and GB being backed

• Moderation Lead

Trust me, I don't know Mercerman.

There has been a subtle change at the Rovers which most people have missed I think, shabby gone and the owners learning/listening from football people, hence Rhodes not being sold at any price and GB being backed

Indeed. I'm just proceeding with caution, regarding expectations given the last 3 years' events.

Indeed. I'm just proceeding with caution, regarding expectations given the last 3 years' events.

I know what you mean, I have been as derisory as anybody about the Raos, even tried to get into the complex outside Pune,

but something has definitely changed, maybe GlenM has a handle on it

on the back of a couple of good results the majority of dingles will be creaming themselves and thinking they will win,

the reality will be that the Ferrari turns up and the town centre gets destroyed, again

You obviously don't know many Burnley fans. We are not blind, we've seen your recent results, no sensible fan is expecting anything other than a tough game. Then again I've seen a a degree of optimism on here about your chances with one poster suggesting our defence was shaky - we've conceded just 4 this season so far, scoring 8. Extend it to end of last season and our record is not bad:

P 17

W 7

D 6

L 4

Pnts 27

26 for, 16 against.

​We've got a chance, I wouldn't say it's 50/50 and your recent scoring exploits in the last 2 games - 9 for and 3 against - is undoubtedly a cause for concern. Even with home advantage I'd think you were favourites - not sure how the bookies have it but that's how I see it.

You obviously don't know many Burnley fans. We are not blind, we've seen your recent results, no sensible fan is expecting anything other than a tough game. Then again I've seen a a degree of optimism on here about your chances with one poster suggesting our defence was shaky - we've conceded just 4 this season so far, scoring 8. Extend it to end of last season and our record is not bad:

P 17

W 7

D 6

L 4

Pnts 27

26 for, 16 against.

​We've got a chance, I wouldn't say it's 50/50 and your recent scoring exploits in the last 2 games - 9 for and 3 against - is undoubtedly a cause for concern. Even with home advantage I'd think you were favourites - not sure how the bookies have it but that's how I see it.

I would just point out that you are one of the minority sensible ones

Now that Austin has gone Dann's got plenty of space in his pocket, so fingers crossed for a captains performance from him.

More optimistic than last season but as others have said Dingles in a decent run of form, would be happy taking a draw away from the dingledome, and ecstatic if after 89 minutes of West Yorkshire pressure, Dunn scores from a disputed penalty for a 1-0 win.

Would you take that now Sam?

I think I would

Probably not. We've lost 5-0 before - and conceded an injury time offside equaliser... but the world keeps turning, the sun comes up the next day and there's another game the following Saturday.

So we can take the pain. It's never pleasant losing to you lot - or more recently, not beating you - but another loss is just another loss.

I'd rather go all out for the win. There's strengths and weaknesses in both sides, it's too tight to call. You keeping Rhodes and us signing Kightly keeps the build-up bubbling along nicely.

Now that Austin has gone Dann's got plenty of space in his pocket, so fingers crossed for a captains performance from him.

Dann was out jumped by Vogts or miss timed his header for their goal last season and if you watched Dann 'GET AWAY' with defending against Bolton. I wouldnt be too confident in Danns ability to defend well plus having a rookie like Kane alongside him wont help either.

I'm not buying into this "the Venkys have seen sense" arguement personally. We may look like we have a bit more stability at this moment in time but turn the clock back 2 weeks to the meltdown after the Doncaster game before getting too carried away. However, as this is Burnley, I am confident we can continue our run.

• Backroom

Probably not. We've lost 5-0 before - and conceded an injury time offside equaliser... but the world keeps turning, the sun comes up the next day and there's another game the following Saturday.

So we can take the pain. It's never pleasant losing to you lot - or more recently, not beating you - but another loss is just another loss.

I'd rather go all out for the win. There's strengths and weaknesses in both sides, it's too tight to call. You keeping Rhodes and us signing Kightly keeps the build-up bubbling along nicely.

Here's the rub a loss is gutting to you but so much worse for us

Once this record ends it will be horrible but I wonder if a lot of the heat will go from it as it becomes the norm

After a transfer window that grows on me day-by-day I'm really looking forward to this one. Right now I'd take a well-fought 0-0 - probably won't say the same after the match though. Expect us to go out in a 4-5-1 with pretty much the same team that played Bolton. Would like to see Evans start but who to drop? Can't remember the last time we actually had this kind of problem with King, Cairney, Lowe(!), Dunn and Evans all playing well and hopefully good things to come fra Marshall after two weeks of training. Anyone know what formation Bumley has played this far?

Hope we can keep the streak going, but really won't be to fussed if we lose as long as the players give it their best. COYB! :rover:

Edit: Oh...and great preview!

Dann was out jumped by Vogts or miss timed his header for their goal last season and if you watched Dann 'GET AWAY' with defending against Bolton. I wouldnt be too confident in Danns ability to defend well plus having a rookie like Kane alongside him wont help either.

My reference was to the first game against that lot last season and his controlling of Austin, and my "fingers crossed " comment was in the hope he has a decent game this time.

Yes did watch the Bolton game (albeit via TV) and been critical of Dann plenty of times

What exactly would be the point of football if you didn't get excited about the possibility of winning any game, let alone one against your fiercest rivals?

Err, heartache, misery and disappointment.

Are you new to football? :D

P 17

W 7

D 6

L 4

Pnts 27

26 for, 16 against.

I think you have a good chance. I watched you against notlob and was impressed, god that hurts, withyour work rate and the speed at which you closed them down. I don't like the fact that the game is so early in the season as you tend to start fading toward xmas after starting out well. Fingers crossed, though you have more to cross, for us to win. Got a feeling this is going to be one of the better derby games.

Err, heartache, misery and disappointment.

Are you new to football? :D

Oh yeah, forgot about those parts of a supporters life, it really is the hope that kills you.

As he's been contributing on this Messageboard longer than you, I would suggest the answer is no.

Just looked at how long I've been registered, Jesus you've put up with me a long time.

I think you have a good chance. I watched you against notlob and was impressed, god that hurts, withyour work rate and the speed at which you closed them down. I don't like the fact that the game is so early in the season as you tend to start fading toward xmas after starting out well. Fingers crossed, though you have more to cross, for us to win. Got a feeling this is going to be one of the better derby games.

Why thank you Blue. I do feel this might be one of the better games in terms of ebb and flow, both teams look to have goals in them, could be a classic this one, really looking forward to it.

Archived