BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

It will. Overnight.

To be replaced by 3 and a half years...

This is more like it. Where's Abbey?

**** *** back to carrots mad, we don't want you on here :tu:

Burnley town centre will resemble Beirut after some of the Burnley fans have finished with it.

Too late, it already looks like Beirut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the Mercerman 'quote' from the first post, made me genuinely laugh at work :)

I'm sure he'll find it equally funny.

As for the match, a draw would be fine.

Win our home games, draw our away games and we'll be there or thereabouts come May.

I'm not one who would be destroyed if a small team from Yorkshire beat us (well, Donny managed it), but I would like to keep the run going, just for local bragging rights sake.

1-1 worst case.

Best case, players like Dann, Dunn, King and JR put in a shift and we run out comfortable winners.

It's aright on here. There's the brainless types with their 'ya mam's ya dad' etc. Easily ignored. There's the rabid, angry anti-Dingle types, I like them, you can indulge in some childish banter. All good fun.

And there's a few who can talk about football with. As long as you treat each poster as you find them, it's quite amicable.

It's much the same on the Burnley board. Among the simpletons who visit us there's one or two you can actually talk to, it's good to hear an opposing view.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this derby. It's less of a 'two bald men fighting over a comb' than last year's. And if we lose I can just not post for 6 months. Not sure what you do if you lose, the '34 years' thing seems to define you at the moment... Had to include a little jibe at the end there.

And Stuart - don't know what anyone's problem is with your post. Let's not get too precious. It's derby week next week!

It will. Overnight.

To be replaced by 3 and a half years...

This is more like it. Where's Abbey?

We could lose to you for the next twenty years but it won't change the trophy cabinet, european qualification or near 20 years of playing Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc to your one season.

It might hurt us for some time to lose, but it's a good job that I was born on this side of East lancashire. Even with the catastrophe of Kean, I wouldn't trade it for a second of Chris Waddles Claret brigade. We watched players like Shearer, Tugay, Cole, Berg, Friedel to your Glen Little and Brian Jensen....

• Backroom

It's aright on here. There's the brainless types with their 'ya mam's ya dad' etc. Easily ignored. There's the rabid, angry anti-Dingle types, I like them, you can indulge in some childish banter. All good fun.

And there's a few who can talk about football with. As long as you treat each poster as you find them, it's quite amicable.

It's much the same on the Burnley board. Among the simpletons who visit us there's one or two you can actually talk to, it's good to hear an opposing view.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this derby. It's less of a 'two bald men fighting over a comb' than last year's. And if we lose I can just not post for 6 months. Not sure what you do if you lose, the '34 years' thing seems to define you at the moment... Had to include a little jibe at the end there.

And Stuart - don't know what anyone's problem is with your post. Let's not get too precious. It's derby week next week!

It's ok if you somehow win ill make sure you don't post for at least 6 months as well :P

• Backroom

Law of averages. It has to happen sooner or later.In a way, it might be cathartic to lose the record.

It will be terrible but in a weird way the stress of the derby will be gone, sadly like you say though it has to end someday now we are likely to play twice a season

It will be terrible but in a weird way the stress of the derby will be gone, sadly like you say though it has to end someday now we are likely to play twice a season

Yeah, that's my point. In recent years the derby has evoked anxiety more than excitement, because Burnley have nothing to lose and everything to gain. When it happens, we'll just have to take our medicine, but as booth stated, the joke's still on them for taking three decades to win a single game.

Yeah, that's my point. In recent years the derby has evoked anxiety more than excitement, because Burnley have nothing to lose and everything to gain. When it happens, we'll just have to take our medicine, but as booth stated, the joke's still on them for taking three decades to win a single game.

Not much of a joke really, we've only actually played 10 times, 8 of those after you'd had hundreds of millions in Jacks money then the PL gravy train - and you only beat us 5 times. Truth be told after the money you spent after we went our separate ways in '83 you should probably be embarrassed you didn't put 5 past us in every meeting :-)

Not much of a joke really, we've only actually played 10 times, 8 of those after you'd had hundreds of millions in Jacks money then the PL gravy train - and you only beat us 5 times. Truth be told after the money you spent after we went our separate ways in '83 you should probably be embarrassed you didn't put 5 past us in every meeting :-)

Keep telling yourself that, Chuck. We tried to make it easier for you last season and look what happened.

Haha, you had one striker that almost cost more than our entire squad and a wage bill probably 3 times ours, not forgetting the 3 million or so you paid for best and you needed a last minute offside goal to get a draw.

Same this season, we've signed bargain basement freemans, not a single fee paid and we've sold our main striker and not replaced him. You lot should be looking forward to an easy day in just under 2 weeks really, our rag tag bag of players just don't have a prayer.

Haha, you had one striker that almost cost more than our entire squad and a wage bill probably 3 times ours, not forgetting the 3 million or so you paid for best and you needed a last minute offside goal to get a draw.

Same this season, we've signed bargain basement freemans, not a single fee paid and we've sold our main striker and not replaced him. You lot should be looking forward to an easy day in just under 2 weeks really, our rag tag bag of players just don't have a prayer.

Ah, so we are better than you then?

Wah, wah, wah :lol:

In all seriousness Longers you know you've nothing to lose (well, apart from the game!!) I think the two games this season are going to be crackers and tense from our point of view due to our 34 year record.

Did I mention 34 years?

COYB

P10 W7 D3 L0 F18 A6

Don't think you'll find anyone embarrassed about that!

Haha, you had one striker that almost cost more than our entire squad and a wage bill probably 3 times ours, not forgetting the 3 million or so you paid for best and you needed a last minute offside goal to get a draw

We also had Henning Berg and then Michael Appleton in charge.

My post was a bit of fun. Because we don't play each other often (although that will change) we have lost the chance to have the proper rivalry that we should. We are not allowed banter because we are segregated - its not healthy. I live in Clitheroe, and live next door to a life long Thingy fan. We have a debate. The youth of today see it as a badge of honour. We need a free game, with adaquate policing to allow us to get back to normal. That's why I won't spend 5/6 hours on a bus!

Why are people saying B***ley have nothing to lose? They are at home to their deadliest rivals who they haven't beaten in the lifetime of most of their fans. I would say they have more to lose than us because you can't take away 30 odd years of history and pain.

• Backroom

Why are people saying B***ley have nothing to lose? They are at home to their deadliest rivals who they haven't beaten in the lifetime of most of their fans. I would say they have more to lose than us because you can't take away 30 odd years of history and pain.

No but you can ignore it, not one Burnley fan will care about the 34 years once the streak ends and in reality neither will we we're just using it as a fallback

It's a game of football. We could get a freak sending off, but still win (remember Dunny in PL home game v Villa when he won the game with 10 men?), I want to go under my own steam & watch the game. That's what devalues the spectacle for me. I've done it 30 years ago, it's meant to be better now!

No but you can ignore it, not one Burnley fan will care about the 34 years once the streak ends and in reality neither will we we're just using it as a fallback

I disagree. Try putting yourself in their shoes. It's not a nice statistic to have etched in history books about your local rivals and it'd take a long time for them to be able to say the same.

Longers is trying to make out that we had this and that, and they had nothing. His memory must be hazy about our pre-Premiership days when we were skint. Why didn't we play them then? Because they were at their lowest point in their history. In other words, they were absolute kean.

Speaking of Kean, it's taken him and a bunch of cowboys and Indians for Burnley to be in with any kind of shout of getting a result.

• Backroom

I disagree. Try putting yourself in their shoes. It's not a nice statistic to have etched in history books about your local rivals and it'd take a long time for them to be able to say the same.

Longers is trying to make out that we had this and that, and they had nothing. His memory must be hazy about our pre-Premiership days when we were skint. Why didn't we play them then? Because they were at their lowest point in their history. In other words, they were absolute kean.

Speaking of Kean, it's taken him and a bunch of cowboys and Indians for Burnley to be in with any kind of shout of getting a result.

It's all bravado though, you see them now coming out with the stats about its been x long since we beat them

Ah, so we are better than you then?

Now I didn't say that. I think it's called getting your excuses in early :-)

]

Wah, wah, wah :lol:

In all seriousness Longers you know you've nothing to lose (well, apart from the game!!) I think the two games this season are going to be crackers and tense from our point of view due to our 34 year record.

Did I mention 34 years?

COYB

I'm hoping for crackers but to often they don't live up to the hope/hype. We've plenty to lose, 3 points, it becoming 35 years and the opportunity for a very smug look on my face as I saunter past the coaches on my way home. The points alone, we need to make hay because as the season goes on and we pick up injuries and suspensions we are going to struggle more and more. I am expecting a genuinely good game though fromm2 teams who go into the game in great form and full of confidence.

We also had Henning Berg and then Michael Appleton in charge.

That's a fair point but at least you never appointed a man who'd recently failed in division 3 to try andnkeep you in the Prem!

Hang on, didn't jack start funding you around 86? In other words only 3 years after the start of our tumble to the basement? (Mind you we were @#/? @#/? though)

Archived