BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

Now I didn't say that. I think it's called getting your excuses in early :-)

]

I'm hoping for crackers but to often they don't live up to the hope/hype. We've plenty to lose, 3 points, it becoming 35 years and the opportunity for a very smug look on my face as I saunter past the coaches on my way home. The points alone, we need to make hay because as the season goes on and we pick up injuries and suspensions we are going to struggle more and more. I am expecting a genuinely good game though fromm2 teams who go into the game in great form and full of confidence.

That's a fair point but at least you never appointed a man who'd recently failed in division 3 to try andnkeep you in the Prem!

Hang on, didn't jack start funding you around 86? In other words only 3 years after the start of our tumble to the basement? (Mind you we were keaning kean though)

How come you never mention the butcher who bankrolled you

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same one that finished Accrington Stanley because he thought they could gain more fans?

I think it's disgraceful that anyone from Accrington should support that shower.

In relation to the result though we won't lose. They always crack under the expectation from their fans, even last season at Ewood they looked like they couldn't believe that they could actually beat us and were just waiting for us to score :)

Hang on, didn't jack start funding you around 86? In other words only 3 years after the start of our tumble to the basement? (Mind you we were keaning kean though)

Involved since 86 yes, but didnt seriously invest till about 1990. I was told at the time the board wouldn't allow him to take full control till then due to a bit of a power struggle with some board members. Not sure how true that is, perhaps some older board members can elaborate.

Let's take a look at the results since you last beat us in 1979 shall we longsidey's?

December 1982 - burnley 0 - Rovers 1

April 83 - Rovers 2 - burnley 1.

You'd just been relegated from the top tier. You were relegated at the end of this season as well before appointing football genius John Bond as your new manager. We were totally and utterly skint, playing the same 11 outfield players for a league record 393 times between 1981 and 1985.

We then had a long wait to play you again, you were busying yourselves singing "no nay never" whilst in division 4 (as you weren't good enough to play us). We had just been relegated, this was our second season in the second tier. You were promoted in order for us to thrash you twice.

December 2000 - burnley 0 - Rovers 2

April Fools Day 2001 - Rovers 5 - burnley 0.

There was then a spell of 4.5 half years before we met again - in the Cup.

Feb 2005 - burnley 0 - Rovers 0. Clearly the finances were drying up by this point so Rovers deemed a replay was necessary in order to swell the coffers.

Mar 2005 - Rovers 2 - burnley 1. The first game since my son was born two days previously. So thanks for this result.

We went up that season of course, then, in what must surely have been in terms of quality one of the worst ever Championships, you were also promoted for a brief look at the top tier of English football.

October 2009 - Rovers 3 - burnley 2

March 2010 - burnley 0 - Rovers 1

We beat you again, twice. You were of course relegated.

Which leads us to the two meetings last season. Rovers were now in the hands of lunatics and thieves. Many believe that burnley fans themselves couldn't have done a better job in terms of miss-management of the club even if they were allowed (with the possible exception that even burnley fans wouldn't have had the brassneck to make some of the decisions Venky's made). Rovers had 12 managers last season, played 97 different outfield players and had a "Global Advisor" who wasn't allowed shoes with laces for his own safety and that of others unfortunate enough to be near him.

Despite this... Dec 2012 - burnley 1 - Rovers 1

March 2013 - Rovers 1 burnley 1. (Technically this should actually go down as a home win due to the clinical finish, superb positioning and the timing of David Dunn's goal.)

So in conclusion, Jack may as well have started putting his money in back in May 1983 for what it's worth. It wouldn't have made any difference as far as your concerned as you weren't good enough to be in the same division as us anyway when he came on the scene around 1989.

Admittedly, we haven't beaten you since March 2010. Quite an embarrassing statistic for all concerned at Rovers. This will leave Venkys even more "confused" than ever before. However, when all is said and done these records are there to be broken. They mean nothing on the day. It could happen. Law of averages and all that. Freak weather. Terrible officials. An Act of God. It would be a brave man to call it (even though I did use the phrase you can't polish a turd earlier in this thread!)

What isn't in doubt though, even if you do get the win, is that you didn't beat us for 34 years. Failure there was on your part as for all that time you were either in the same division, or more often than not, one or two divisions below us. 34 years in your 131 year history. That's 26%. A quarter of your entire clubs history without beating Blackburn Rovers.

Long may our run continue. The pressure on your players to end it must be huge.

Let's take a look at the results since you last beat us in 1979 shall we longsidey's?

December 1982 - burnley 0 - Rovers 1

April 83 - Rovers 2 - burnley 1.

You'd just been relegated from the top tier. You were relegated at the end of this season as well before appointing football genius John Bond as your new manager. We were totally and utterly skint, playing the same 11 outfield players for a league record 393 times between 1981 and 1985.

We then had a long wait to play you again, you were busying yourselves singing "no nay never" whilst in division 4 (as you weren't good enough to play us). We had just been relegated, this was our second season in the second tier. You were promoted in order for us to thrash you twice.

December 2000 - burnley 0 - Rovers 2

April Fools Day 2001 - Rovers 5 - burnley 0.

There was then a spell of 4.5 half years before we met again - in the Cup.

Feb 2005 - burnley 0 - Rovers 0. Clearly the finances were drying up by this point so Rovers deemed a replay was necessary in order to swell the coffers.

Mar 2005 - Rovers 2 - burnley 1. The first game since my son was born two days previously. So thanks for this result.

We went up that season of course, then, in what must surely have been in terms of quality one of the worst ever Championships, you were also promoted for a brief look at the top tier of English football.

October 2009 - Rovers 3 - burnley 2

March 2010 - burnley 0 - Rovers 1

We beat you again, twice. You were of course relegated.

Which leads us to the two meetings last season. Rovers were now in the hands of lunatics and thieves. Many believe that burnley fans themselves couldn't have done a better job in terms of miss-management of the club even if they were allowed (with the possible exception that even burnley fans wouldn't have had the brassneck to make some of the decisions Venky's made). Rovers had 12 managers last season, played 97 different outfield players and had a "Global Advisor" who wasn't allowed shoes with laces for his own safety and that of others unfortunate enough to be near him.

Despite this... Dec 2012 - burnley 1 - Rovers 1

March 2013 - Rovers 1 burnley 1. (Technically this should actually go down as a home win due to the clinical finish, superb positioning and the timing of David Dunn's goal.)

So in conclusion, Jack may as well have started putting his money in back in May 1983 for what it's worth. It wouldn't have made any difference as far as your concerned as you weren't good enough to be in the same division as us anyway when he came on the scene around 1989.

Admittedly, we haven't beaten you since March 2010. Quite an embarrassing statistic for all concerned at Rovers. This will leave Venkys even more "confused" than ever before. However, when all is said and done these records are there to be broken. They mean nothing on the day. It could happen. Law of averages and all that. Freak weather. Terrible officials. An Act of God. It would be a brave man to call it (even though I did use the phrase you can't polish a turd earlier in this thread!)

What isn't in doubt though, even if you do get the win, is that you didn't beat us for 34 years. Failure there was on your part as for all that time you were either in the same division, or more often than not, one or two divisions below us. 34 years in your 131 year history. That's 26%. A quarter of your entire clubs history without beating Blackburn Rovers.

Long may our run continue. The pressure on your players to end it must be huge.

loved the post,

only problem is the dingles can't or wont accept facts (facts got me a life ban from clarot mad :lol:)

it must be the DNA

(dingles never accept)

That's a long post Bob - my reply was in my post really when it said "Mind you we were keaning kean though" - Between 82/83 until we played you again the whole club was a mess at times, not just the playing side - as you know so bad that we very nearly dropped out of the league..

No issue from me but in terms of 'we won't accept facts' - much like so many Rovers fans don't acknowledge that it was Jack and Jack alone who helped you maintain your lofty position in the league, paying (so I read) for a new stand and a few players before ploughing in the big bucks in 89/90 ish. None of which detracts from the situation that we were so awful we wouldn't be in a position to face you in the league for 17 years regardless of the investment.

Also on the Bob lord thing - I've read what I can on this and, as far as I can tell, all he did was tell them they owed to much money. I also couldn't find anywhere that Blackburn Rovers had offered to pay their debts for them - nor did any other club.. Of all the things Bob can be accused of, this one is unfair at best.

That's a long post Bob - my reply was in my post really when it said "Mind you we were keaning kean though" - Between 82/83 until we played you again the whole club was a mess at times, not just the playing side - as you know so bad that we very nearly dropped out of the league..

No issue from me but in terms of 'we won't accept facts' - much like so many Rovers fans don't acknowledge that it was Jack and Jack alone who helped you maintain your lofty position in the league, paying (so I read) for a new stand and a few players before ploughing in the big bucks in 89/90 ish. None of which detracts from the situation that we were so awful we wouldn't be in a position to face you in the league for 17 years regardless of the investment.

Also on the Bob lord thing - I've read what I can on this and, as far as I can tell, all he did was tell them they owed to much money. I also couldn't find anywhere that Blackburn Rovers had offered to pay their debts for them - nor did any other club.. Of all the things Bob can be accused of, this one is unfair at best.

It was 91 Jack started putting in the money proper. 89 we were still skint. We haven't had his money now for quite a while. It still remains that you haven't beaten us in 34 years and the reasons for that, before, after and now that we're run by clowns, is that you weren't good enough - whether that's because you were in a lower league or you just couldn't beat us on the pitch.

We may have only played each other so many times, but that's because you were beneath us most of the time. You want to thank your lucky stars you couldn't play us when we were at our peak because I think your April Fools day thrashing would have been a picnic in comparison.

It was 91 Jack started putting in the money proper. 89 we were still skint. We haven't had his money now for quite a while. It still remains that you haven't beaten us in 34 years and the reasons for that, before, after and now that we're run by clowns, is that you weren't good enough - whether that's because you were in a lower league or you just couldn't beat us on the pitch.

We may have only played each other so many times, but that's because you were beneath us most of the time. You want to thank your lucky stars you couldn't play us when we were at our peak because I think your April Fools day thrashing would have been a picnic in comparison.

Indeed Booth but that ignores the fact that it was Jacks investment that enabled you to be in the PL enjoting revenues year after year we couldn't even dream off - and wasn't it also partly funded by money each year from the trust until very recently?

Jacks work enabled a structure to be put into your club from which everything else flowed - isn't it the destruction of this structure and stability that so many of you have been bemoaning since your new owners arrived?

But yep, we were below you in the league structure for all that time and yet after, call it 20 years, where you've had around 200 million from Jack Walker and the trust along with revenues from the PL of around 500 million plus, during which time our revenues have probably been less than a quarter of yours we've ended up in the same pond for a couple of seasons.

Football, it reall is a funny old game.

• Moderation Lead

The same one that finished Accrington Stanley because he thought they could gain more fans?

I think it's disgraceful that anyone from Accrington should support that shower.

In relation to the result though we won't lose. They always crack under the expectation from their fans, even last season at Ewood they looked like they couldn't believe that they could actually beat us and were just waiting for us to score :)

I know plenty of Burnley fans here in A-town, most of them have parents/grandparents from Burnley itself, but still, a fair number over here!!

Indeed Booth but that ignores the fact that it was Jacks investment that enabled you to be in the PL enjoting revenues year after year we couldn't even dream off - and wasn't it also partly funded by money each year from the trust until very recently?

Jacks work enabled a structure to be put into your club from which everything else flowed - isn't it the destruction of this structure and stability that so many of you have been bemoaning since your new owners arrived?

But yep, we were below you in the league structure for all that time and yet after, call it 20 years, where you've had around 200 million from Jack Walker and the trust along with revenues from the PL of around 500 million plus, during which time our revenues have probably been less than a quarter of yours we've ended up in the same pond for a couple of seasons.

Football, it reall is a funny old game.

I don't see where I ignored that at all. I was just pointing out that you were ignoring the times when we didn't have Jack's money or more recently, the abject turmoil that the club is under.

Lot of living in the past going on here. Can't complain, it sustained us for long enough.

Loving the whole 'even if we lose it still took 34 years' thing. Man-up and take the pain if you lose, we've had to often enough. When the record's gone, it's gone. You might keep it going for a few more months or years anyway, so stop being so frightened. It's not the end of the world.

Three and a half years and counting...

• Moderation Lead

Lot of living in the past going on here. Can't complain, it sustained us for long enough.

Loving the whole 'even if we lose it still took 34 years' thing. Man-up and take the pain if you lose, we've had to often enough. When the record's gone, it's gone. You might keep it going for a few more months or years anyway, so stop being so frightened. It's not the end of the world.

Would you like to me pass you some more straws to clutch at? ;)

Haha, and you're telling us to man up :rover:

You don't seem to be able to grasp this, perhaps it's difficult with more digits. There are things called books and people write in them. If you do happen to sneak a victory in, that won't take away the 34 years statistic. It'll just mean it's not 35 years, or 36, 37, 38...

Man up, it'll never go, ever. 34 years. Ffs that's embarassing.

I'll keep remninding you;

Tugay > Graham Alexander

Duffer > Glen Little

Shearer > Andy Payton

Who cares if we lose... You'll never take away the period of time where Blackburn was the pride of East Lancashire. The stupid decline was also man made rather than natural, so you should count your blessings that bad owners did buy the club, or you still wouldnt be playing us.

I know it is hard to accept, but being a Burnley fan is the Lancashire equivilent to being a Stockport or Macclesfield fan in GMR. Always in the shadows of the big fish...

I did hear, I could be wrong, but you haven't beaten Bury in over 3 decades .....

We haven't beaten Accy in even longer and have never beaten Fleetwood. Unfortunately when you live amongst the elite for so long you rarely get chance to swim with the minnows.

Burnley fan I work with thinks they are going to turn us over this season and also said Promotion doesn't matter to him because the Championship is a "better league to be in" because the premiership wasn't as competitive and he didn't enjoy it. Typical deluded dingle!

Loving the whole 'even if we lose it still took 34 years' thing.

I know, it's good isn't it? And you know the funny thing? I'll probably be long time dead by the time you lot get even close to matching it !

and yes, I know Sam, like we'd go 34 years without beating you lot ! :lol:

13588359-34-years-in-glowing-white-numbe

As pointed out, from 83 on there was no rivalry as we were in different leagues - in fact a number of Rovers fans told me regularly that we weren't your Rivals at all, Manchester United were your rivals.

I'd always prefer to beat United rather than Burnley. It's obviously more of an achievement. Having said that I left Blackburn when I was five, living where we moved to ( Rochdale ), I'm surrounded by red rats.

It's great to shut the keaners up.

Banter and joking is great but lets not be arrogant about it. Some of us did that prior to going into Donny and we all know what came next.

I'd always prefer to beat United rather than Burnley. It's obviously more of an achievement. Having said that I left Blackburn when I was five, living where we moved to ( Rochdale ), I'm surrounded by red rats.

It's great to shut the keaners up.

Never, victory over the dingles every time

Archived