BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

That's a but much isn't it? Humilated by going to watch your team in a big game and putting up with a bit of inconvenience along the way. Kepp it in proportion, sounds like you are going to be launching an Dr MLK style campaign against unconfortable buses and cattle like treatment. "We shall overcome" eh?

Equally, you must keep it in proportion, mind. An extra 3/4hrs taken from your free time is more than 'a bit of inconvenience' for many people.

Is it really a 6-8 hour process to travel 20 minutes? Are fans herded about?

If so, I see Al's point.

I can drive to the Turf in twenty minutes and yet last season I was away from home for 8 hours. After the game we sat on the coach for the best of an hour and then when we did set off we drove the longest possible route back, at about 15/20 mile per hour (if that) and took an hour to get back to Blackburn. With everyone being brought back at the same time it then took an eternity to get off the car park at Ewood. No matter what the result of the match it's certainly not an enjoyable experience and I think that fans are now beginning to vote with their feet and simply refuse to be treated like cattle anymore.

Sounds like a lot of people can't be arsed! It's Burnley away, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

The club have said coaches will leave promptly (setting off from 10am) and there won't be the issue of late arrivals.

£38.50 is a lot yes but a lot of the people complaining will be sat in the pub spending £30 on lager anyway!

Bring on the Dingles!

Shame that the idiots from both clubs have spoilt things for so many. I and those I go to matches with wont be attending this particular game as we are all fully grown up and can make our own way to places without picking up an ASBO. There cannot be many other derbies policed in this fashion.

However, best no one gets hurt, so if it has to be this way then so be it. Sadly it's not for me.

That's a but much isn't it? Humilated by going to watch your team in a big game and putting up with a bit of inconvenience along the way. Kepp it in proportion, sounds like you are going to be launching an Dr MLK style campaign against unconfortable buses and cattle like treatment. "We shall overcome" eh?

No it isn't. Why should I pay to be treated like a criminal? I've never been in a street fight in my life and I object to being treated like a hooligan.

Judging by last season home match a heavy police presence is need to keep them animals in there pen, they were a disgrace at Ewood throwing stuff trying to get over the barriers but saying that the police didn't help with there excessive force in the cowshed.

• Backroom

£38.50 is a lot yes but a lot of the people complaining will be sat in the pub spending £30 on lager anyway!

Bring on the Dingles!

A pub they can walk to at their own pace, enjoy a tasty beverage and have a good time

If people don't want to go for whatever reason then so be it, nobody needs an excuse

Judging by last season home match a heavy police presence is need to keep them animals in there pen, they were a disgrace at Ewood throwing stuff trying to get over the barriers but saying that the police didn't help with there excessive force in the cowshed.

I'm assuming you didn't see all the seats smashed up and thrown around at the Turf?

• Backroom

I'm assuming you didn't see all the seats smashed up and thrown around at the Turf?

Our moron element also did a right number on your toilets the game a couple of years back all the sinks pulled off the wall and stuff

Sadly there's nobheads on both sides that the fixtures attract

Absolutely!

We'll fight them on the beaches........etc, etc.

I just always worry, as it's going to happen one day, and as they get more determined, and our side gets worse, the day feels like it's closer than ever.

I just hope our players know what it means..

I just always worry, as it's going to happen one day, and as they get more determined, and our side gets worse, the day feels like it's closer than ever.

I think Bowyer does. I just hope he doesn't switch to defensive mode for fear of being the manager that drops the ball in recent times.

An attacking formation could see a very open game with plenty of goals. Just hope they all go into their nets!

Guest Norbert

Ings vs. Rhodes. Quite a contest on current form. I don't think we'll lose, as they had the best chance in years last season, with all the madness that had gone on. Now we have stability and a better squad, I think it would be harder for them to win. We just have to keep a lid on Ings and Vokes.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the time schedule for travelling to Turf Moor on derby day? Why does it take so long?

Assuming the Police were willing to give and take a little would there be a way to speed things up?

If you're kept within the stadium for an hour afterward the game, is there still food and drink available from the shops inside the stadium?

• Moderation Lead

Ings vs. Rhodes. Quite a contest on current form. I don't think we'll lose, as they had the best chance in years last season, with all the madness that had gone on. Now we have stability and a better squad, I think it would be harder for them to win. We just have to keep a lid on Ings and Vokes.

My thoughts exactly. Though I think we have a better side than last year, as do we.

If I was Bowyer, I'd play down the occasion. Take the pressure off the players and let them go out and enjoy their football, like they have recently. It's just another game, 11 vs. 11, the rules haven't changed. I'm sure they'll already know how much this game means, especially with local lads like Dunn & Lowe in the dressing room. Last thing Rovers need is the players getting wound up and losing their heads, which I could easily see one of our many new recruits doing. We're away from home, the record's Burnley's to break, put the pressure all on them.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the time schedule for travelling to Turf Moor on derby day? Why does it take so long?

Assuming the Police were willing to give and take a little would there be a way to speed things up?

If you're kept within the stadium for an hour afterward the game, is there still food and drink available from the shops inside the stadium?

Shops inside the stadium ? That's good one lol all they have there is basically a hole in the wall and all concourse outlets at English grounds usually close after half time. The reason it takes so long to get there is the logistics of only taking in and dropping off a group of coaches at a time so it takes a while with 2 or 3 thousand people to ferry in. Also add to this the police make the coaches detour around the outskirts rather than the direct route to and from Turf Moor.

Sergei, with respect, I trust you have never been to the theatre of despair. There is a small hole that is laughingly called a toilet. There is a hole in the wall, if you're lucky there are two staff, when it gets really busy, one goes to check on the toilet, that serves something the school dinner service would call @#/?. Two sides have been redeveloped, they like to keep the away fans in the dark ages, makes them feel superior! Called the cricket field stand as they would quite like it to face the other way. Only good thing to come out of Burnley....Jimmy Anderson. Period!

I'm much more confident this season than I was last season, if ever a side was their for the taking it was us, but the blew it.

As Topman says the pressures on them, not us.

Archived