BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant say I understand this extra-time part of the transfer window. McCarthy turns up at 11:01pm and can start negotiating, but Andy Johnson who turned up earlier at QPR cant be completed in time. Bizarre.

weird team united have now

don't imagine the strikers would really have wanted a Feillani type, miss out on fabregas/modric/bilbao fella.........so buy a giant Belgian

must have signed coantrao as a winger not gonna bench Evra surely?

Can see the young Belgian Januitz getting a lot of game time when mancs start crying out for creativity over cleverly

Valencia-carrick-Feillani-contraeo

------------rooney

----------------------V.Persie

not a great looking united team

Heard Michael Kightly has grown a 6th finger. He used to be highly regarded.

They spoke as if it was done, but haven't seen a price or confirmation yet..

Season long loan from what I can gather. Was outstanding for Wolves the year they went up but had some injury troubles since. I presume he's come to us because Dyche had him on loan at Watford.

So Martinez has brought over a lot, well 4 Wigan players to his new club actually this year.

Everton beat Monday's transfer deadline to sign James McCarthy from Wigan Athletic, England international Gareth Barry and Romelu Lukaku.

Roberto Martinez has gone back to the DW Stadium for the fourth time after also bringing Antolin Alcaraz, Arouna Kone and Joel Robles to the club after managing them at Wigan last season.

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2013/September/03/everton-sign-mccarthy-barry-lukaku/n238666/

Lukaku I believe, miss his penalty in the shootout between Bayern Munich and Chelsea last Friday. Not important. Just noted that.

I'm a bit of a fan of Martinez but not so much his clubs, he has an interesting story.

So Martinez has brought over a lot, well 4 Wigan players to his new club actually this year.

Lukaku I believe, miss his penalty in the shootout between Bayern Munich and Chelsea last Friday. Not important. Just noted that.

I'm a bit of a fan of Martinez but not so much his clubs, he has an interesting story.

Enlighten us Audax....

Enlighten us Audax....

Probably only because I speak Spanish, I've found his career and the 'great escapes" to be interesting stories too, that's all. Maybe I shouldn't mention it.

Some managers, just like some of these new players coming into the league add a lot of colour to the sport, it's easy to see why people say the Premier League is not as good as several years ago.

Above all, Martinez seems quite upstanding and a welcome change of pace from a lot of what we see.

Jesus...QPR made some great last day loan signings there. Ekotto, Carroll and Kranjcar...they should rip this league apart now. Course, with the Championship you never quite know. But their midfield would be decent in the Prem I should think, let alone here.

Michael Kightly is kean....not better than Josh King or Ben Marshall...who got more pace...I am happy we kept Rhodes.

Kightly is a good player who has been plagued by injuries. If Burnley keep him fit he'll be a really good signing for them.

Everton played a blinder in extracting the maximum possible value from ManUre for Fellani and then spunked half of it ob a Championship midfielder, yet another of Martinez's old players.

Can see both Man Ure and Everton struggling in the immediate future judged by their recent standards.

Everton played a blinder in extracting the maximum possible value from ManUre for Fellani and then spunked half of it ob a Championship midfielder, yet another of Martinez's old players.

Can see both Man Ure and Everton struggling in the immediate future judged by their recent standards.

Apparently Chris Samba has left Anzi again just two month's after rejoining, don't know where looks like Anzi have stopped the free spending.

Anzi are having a financial reconstruction. (Spent too much!) Samba has gone to Dinamo Moscow I believe.

Oh Samba... He's spent the best years of his career in no man's land, albeit helping get QPR relegated in between A pity for him because he could've moved onto bigger and better things had he played his cards right. I'm sure his bank balance will provide some consolation, at least.

Archived