BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Watford - Tuesday 1 October - Kick-off 19:45

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The debate rages on here about our and the managers suitability for a promotion push.

No team ever achieves with a flaky keeper and the old potato of 'building from the back' still applies. There has also been a hopeful suggestion a few weeks back to try and bring Brad Friedal back on loan. Personally I think it's pie in the sky as he is still 1st choice replacement for Loris and has elbowed the unreliable Gomes aside. However given the age and experience of our team the presence of a senior pro like Friedel between the sticks would instill massive confidence through the entire team and hopefully in Kean himself.

• Backroom

Feeling confident for the following reasons:

We seem decent or even good at home.

We've just won our last game away and with a different formation.

Hoping that will throw a spanner into Watford's preparations. C'mon Rovers!

I'll be honest, I'd take a draw right now but for some reason my heart is screaming 'Win!'

Players to have played for both clubs

Lee Williamson played for them between 2007 and 2009. We also signed Lee Richardson from them in 1990. That’s all I could find, maybe some older members can name some more.

Tim bleedin Sherwood

I, like many are saying that "I will settle for a draw" and I seem to be saying it all to often, indeed I said it to some Bournemouth fans on Saturday........but would I settle for the point tonight, if I could have the point before the game had been played?

Watford are a good team and have the ability to score plenty of goals (GD +11), as have we (only +4). They have won twice away (Brum and Barnsley) and lost one (Blackpool).

Feeling positive after Saturdays display, especially the first half.

Fingers crossed for a win

2-1 Rhodes x 2

Watford are a pile of trash. They've never amounted to anything and that walk through the allotments to get to the away end is a damn disgrace when you've had a drink.

They are a sh!t ground, no fans outfit and are going to get a hiding.

4-0 Hanley, og, Rhodes 2.

• Backroom

Predicted a point at Leicester, a win at home to Huddersfield and a loss away at Bournemouth. Terrific!

Not confident for the Watford game at all, so hopefully a 3-0 win.

COYB.

DAMN IT CARL!!!

The debate rages on here about our and the managers suitability for a promotion push.

No team ever achieves with a flaky keeper and the old potato of 'building from the back' still applies. There has also been a hopeful suggestion a few weeks back to try and bring Brad Friedal back on loan. Personally I think it's pie in the sky as he is still 1st choice replacement for Loris and has elbowed the unreliable Gomes aside. However given the age and experience of our team the presence of a senior pro like Friedel between the sticks would instill massive confidence through the entire team and hopefully in Kean himself.

Hull did last season.

As for tonight's game I think it will be a 2-1 Rovers win, King and Rhodes to score.

High Wycombe - 26 miles from Watford, 200 miles from ewood.

Same - High Wycombe too. I know a lad who lives near me who is a big rovers fan too, we went to the Watford game last season.

Planning other ones but its a pain cause I go back to Blackburn every 2 weekends so incredibly most of the games i go to are still at Ewood.

Going to Wigan on Sunday though. We should start a southerners club and try do as many Southern away days as we can

Why is everyone frightened of Watford? Bloody hell, they should be shaking in their boots at the thought of coming to Ewood. Hope the manager and players have more balls than you lot. You all say what a good squad we have now, young hungry and all that, yet still think we can't beat Watford at home?

3-0 rovers.

• Backroom

Why is everyone frightened of Watford? Bloody hell, they should be shaking in their boots at the thought of coming to Ewood. Hope the manager and players have more balls than you lot. You all say what a good squad we have now, young hungry and all that, yet still think we can't beat Watford at home?

3-0 rovers.

A nice sweeping generalisation to round off a pretty nonsensical post. Not like you to post something like that den.

It's called being realistic. Teams haven't been scared of coming to Ewood since Steve Kean took over. We have a young squad with potential but that's all right now. Watford are a superior team to us and there would be no shame in getting a draw here.

I think Steve Kean was just the first victim of useless owners. I believe he's better than they gave him a chance to be.

Kean I felt was a little harshly treated

However, in the championship last season you were around the top of the league with Kean in charge ... as you soon found out after Kean left it wasn't quite like that

I think the way the fans treated Kean was not good ... he was subject to a lot of abuse

I don't know whether this is all down to an outstanding PR job from JA or just general cluelessness (those fans sounded pretty irritating) but it seems this is the general consensus on Kean. We're never going to set the record straight, it's ingrained.

Just as Millwall will always be regarded as the club with the most violent supporters, Rovers are now notorious for being the club whose fans forced out a decent manager and got the team relegated.

A nice sweeping generalisation to round off a pretty nonsensical post. Not like you to post something like that den.

It's called being realistic. Teams haven't been scared of coming to Ewood since Steve Kean took over. We have a young squad with potential but that's all right now. Watford are a superior team to us and there would be no shame in getting a draw here.

Just a bit of bravado DE. I wasn't too serious really, although I don't think we should be accepting that Watford are better than us.

Archived